+ Reply to Thread
Page 530 of 532 FirstFirst ... 30 430 480 520 527 528 529 530 531 532 LastLast
Results 13,226 to 13,250 of 13279
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Anyone in on The Terror season 2? I really liked season 1 and the trailers look great.
    I'm in. It's slow, but so was last year so I'm not concerned.

If you want to pre-pay you can get Disney+ for three years for $141 total. Works out to less than $4/month. Sale is good through the weekend.

https://d23.com/disney-plus-exclusive-offer/

I am liking Sneaky Pete.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    If you want to pre-pay you can get Disney+ for three years for $141 total. Works out to less than $4/month. Sale is good through the weekend.

https://d23.com/disney-plus-exclusive-offer/
    I'm gonna subscribe for a month, watch The Mandorlorian, then drop it.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    I'm gonna subscribe for a month, watch The Mandorlorian, then drop it.
    Sorry, they're not dropping entire seasons like Netflix. Week to week.

So... I've been watching a Welsh tv mystery/thriller series called Keeping Faith (available on Acorn TV). The series plods along typical of the Welsh mysteries tv series I've seen - layered and slower than slow to tell its story (Hinterland I'm looking at you).

But by God, Eve Myles performance is off the chart brilliant. And until now I've never cared for her all that much. The emotion she conveys when she isn't saying anything at all through facial and physical gestures is mesmerizing. Her performance is as good as any I've ever watched.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Finished the second season (only nine episodes caught us off guard).

Very good.
    I got through both seasons over the last couple of weeks - great show. Unfortunately, I read a blurb somewhere that said we may have to wait nearly two years for Season 3 - I guess Fincher has a lot of projects happening.

Mr. Inbetween on FX is pretty entertaining, some good stuff out of Australia.

After spending the last few months rewatching Orange is the New Black, I finally watched the last season. I was frustrated rewatching it - I enjoyed it, but was aware that they played it for laughs far too much, and that most of the characters were caricatures used as plot devices. All that changed in the last season, where they finally got serious. The justification for the first six seasons turns out to be one season of absolutely great television.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    After spending the last few months rewatching Orange is the New Black, I finally watched the last season. I was frustrated rewatching it - I enjoyed it, but was aware that they played it for laughs far too much, and that most of the characters were caricatures used as plot devices. All that changed in the last season, where they finally got serious. The justification for the first six seasons turns out to be one season of absolutely great television.
    I gave up after the 1st season because I found it too campy
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Watched the first episode of "Unbelievable" last night and it was brutal and sad and so well done. Kaitlyn Dever (who I first saw on Justified and though was an excellent actress) deserves an Emmy for her performance. I can't wait to watch the rest and then read the article its based on. Such a messed up story.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Watched the first episode of "Unbelievable" last night and it was brutal and sad and so well done. Kaitlyn Dever (who I first saw on Justified and though was an excellent actress) deserves an Emmy for her performance. I can't wait to watch the rest and then read the article its based on. Such a messed up story.
    I heard it was a difficult watch due to subject matter- thoughts?

Spy. Sacha Baron Cohen turns in a great performance - hard for me to believe it is the same guy that brought us Borat.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    I heard it was a difficult watch due to subject matter- thoughts?
    I mean it's about rape and sexual assault so, yeah. But really really well done.

Spy. Sacha Baron Cohen turns in a great performance - hard for me to believe it is the same guy that brought us Borat.
    I watched that too recently and thought it was amazing.

NYYF Legend

Through 4 episodes - absolutely love it.

NYYF Legend

Peaky Blinders season 5 and Goliath season 3 both drop on the same day - October 4th

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Peaky Blinders season 5 and Goliath season 3 both drop on the same day - October 4th
    Ooooo. Thanks!
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Oh awesome! I can't wait for the final season of Peaky Blinders. I'm going to have to binge the first four seasons again in the next week to get ready for it!
    2017 - Better than expected!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Oh awesome! I can't wait for the final season of Peaky Blinders. I'm going to have to binge the first four seasons again in the next week to get ready for it!
    It's actually not the final season - I read they are doing 7-8 total. So psyched.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Yep, and I should probably leave the scotch and/or bourbon alone for this run through

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

It's actually not the final season - I read they are doing 7-8 total. So psyched.
    Wait what? I could have sworn that it was said that the 5th season was the last. Am I wrong or did they change their mind?

Yep, and I should probably leave the scotch and/or bourbon alone for this run through
    I'm going to put on the subtitles!
    2017 - Better than expected!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

I don't watch a lot of TV, but last night I started watching Derry Girls on Netflix. I haven't laughed so much in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I don't watch a lot of TV, but last night I started watching Derry Girls on Netflix. I haven't laughed so much in ages.
    Sister Michael is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Sister Michael is my favorite.
    She's freaking HILARIOUS.

I binged 4 episodes last night. I plan to finish season 1 tonight and start season 2. It sucks that each season is only 6 episodes! I'm glad they've confirmed a third season for next year, though.

I watched Castle Rock season 1 recently. It was very up and down. Did anyone else watch? I'd love to hear others thoughts on it, particularly the ending - did they do the "Stephen King can't end a book" thing on purpose because the whole last episode was so bizarre I thought they cut out an entire act - and now season 2 looks to be totally disconnected from the first?

Thread Information