+ Reply to Thread
Page 496 of 496 FirstFirst ... 396 446 486 493 494 495 496
Results 12,376 to 12,391 of 12391
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

This week the hosts of the TV Avalanche podcast did a deep dive on how great Justified was and now all I want to do is rewatch it from the beginning. It was one of the best shows of the past 20 years. It threaded the needle of being both a great drama and a fun drama with some of the best lines and characters of any TV show.

https://uproxx.com/sepinwall/tv-aval...ustified-lost/

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    This week the hosts of the TV Avalanche podcast did a deep dive on how great Justified was and now all I want to do is rewatch it from the beginning. It was one of the best shows of the past 20 years. It threaded the needle of being both a great drama and a fun drama with some of the best lines and characters of any TV show.

https://uproxx.com/sepinwall/tv-aval...ustified-lost/
    And, of course, a standout performance by Character Actress Margo Martindale.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    And, of course, a standout performance by Character Actress Margo Martindale.
    She's one of like ten people with memorable characters in the Justified world.

The Terror finale was awesome. This entire series was awesome. I am going to do a complete rewatch when I have the time to binge. Well done.
    In Cashman I trust.
    Players come and go, flags fly forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    The Terror finale was awesome. This entire series was awesome. I am going to do a complete rewatch when I have the time to binge. Well done.
    Haven't gotten to it yet, but I really wanna read the book now.

Haven't gotten to it yet, but I really wanna read the book now.
    I actually heard the book was amazing. I'm thinking of picking it up also.
    In Cashman I trust.

I actually heard the book was amazing. I'm thinking of picking it up also.
    The kindle version was on sale a few weeks ago so I got it for like $3. Just looked at it for the first time and it's 784 pages. Damn.

The kindle version was on sale a few weeks ago so I got it for like $3. Just looked at it for the first time and it's 784 pages. Damn.
    Oh, I hope it's still $3 I love those sales. I didn't even think to look!
    In Cashman I trust.

I know it's silly and frivolous but I had to chuckle at this article. Mainly I just hate Roseanne and don't like how her show has been so popular.

http://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/ros...medium=twitter

The season finale of Roseanne aired last night, and there was a moment in the middle of the episode, in which an exasperated Dan is wading around in his flooded basement “hanging on by the fingertips” as one calamity on top of another befalls the Conners that felt, for a brief time, like the old Roseanne. Roseanne was suffering from an opioid addiction; she needed to pay the $4,000 deductible for a knee surgery; the basement was flooded and the foundation to their house damages; and Dan had to sell out his best friend and hire “illegals” on a construction contract so he could pay for his wife’s surgery.

But when you’re ................ poor, Donald Trump doesn’t bail you out, as he did the Conners in the season finale, because Donald Trump doesn’t give a ................ about poor people. The episode ends with Trump declaring — on Twitter — a state of emergency in Illinois, meaning that Dan can use FEMA money to repair his basement with enough left over to pay the deductible on his wife’s surgery and there will be plenty of construction work available for Dan and his union workers. MAGA saves the day!

But here’s a few ironies in this storyline, in which Trump is depicted as the God-like savior bestowing his gifts on the poor via Twitter. The union that Dan belongs to? Trump is against them. The “illegals” that Dan wanted to hire because he couldn’t afford union workers? Trump wants to deport them all. Roseanne is also an Uber driver, which means she gets paid ................, and Trump has opposed efforts by Uber drivers to unionize and earn better wages and benefits.

The state of emergency that Trump declared? He’d probably drag his feet on that, too, in Illinois, which is a blue state, and Trump has illustrated time and again that he cares less about people who don’t vote for him (see, e.g., Puerto Rico).

The opioid addiction that Roseanne is suffering from? Trump talks big about opioids, but he doesn’t actually spend much to fund the problem and his efforts to cut back on Medicaid would only worsen the epidemic.

Moreover, the EBT cards that Roseanne used in episode 7? If it were up to Trump, those cards would be replaced by “food boxes,” essentially allowing the government to choose the foods she and her family could eat (which would have made Roseanne’s pre-surgery feast a very sad affair). In that same episode, the Conners lost their Internet connection. Obama classified Internet connections as a “utility” under his Net Neutrality rule, which is being revoked under Trump’s FCC, which also means that 70 percent of poor people — like the Conners — lose their broadband subsidy, which would have made it easier for them to pay the bills.

The deductible is $3,000, not $4,000
    In Cashman I trust.

Anybody know where they filmed this weeks' Trust when Gail & Chace were on that elevated highway in the mountains? That's immediately added to my bucket list of places to visit.

NYYF Legend

Money Heist on Netflix - awesome.

I'm halfway though Wild Wild Country on Netflix and it's really riveting. I go back and forth on my feelings about the commune/city. Sometimes I feel like it's another example of old white people being scared of change/diversity, but then they show Sheela giving these arrogant, demeaning interviews and I hate her.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

I'm halfway though Wild Wild Country on Netflix and it's really riveting. I go back and forth on my feelings about the commune/city. Sometimes I feel like it's another example of old white people being scared of change/diversity, but then they show Sheela giving these arrogant, demeaning interviews and I hate her.
    I finished the whole thing and I agree that it was riveting. Even after finishing I still have the same thoughts about going back and forth on my feelings about the commune. I'm not sure that anyone is the commune was quite like Sheela. Yet Sheela is a completely fascinating person to me. I actually admire her in some ways yet she is also terrifying.
    2017 - Better than expected!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Yeah, that was an amazing ending. The only thing I'm lost on is the guy they find with all the piercings and chains in his face....what was that about?

Poor Goodsir....but damn did he get the last laugh.

Yeah, that was an amazing ending. The only thing I'm lost on is the guy they find with all the piercings and chains in his face....what was that about?

Poor Goodsir....but damn did he get the last laugh.
    I didn’t quite get that either. Time to read the book I think. Maybe some internal dialogue would explain it. Or maybe a scene that was just cut from the show.

Yeah that spoiler you wrote was great. Did not see that coming.
    In Cashman I trust.

Thread Information