+ Reply to Thread
Page 534 of 537 FirstFirst ... 34 434 484 524 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 LastLast
Results 13,326 to 13,350 of 13418
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

Watchmen is bonkers and I'm here for it.

I'm Running For President! NYDCYankee's Avatar

Coming here with some quick hits:

Love The Watchmen. It is so, so, so, so terrific. I always fall hard for Lindlehof but this is especially great.

The Mandalorian is way better than I thought it was going to be. Looks like a zillion bucks. Tons of fun. My family and I are having a blast watching it together. There won't be much else on D+ I want to watch though until the next Marvel show comes out like 8 months from now. I have three kids so I will keep it, but if I didn't I probably wouldn't sign up. The service is for kids.

I got AppleTV+ and generally like all of their programming. None of it is incredible though...yet. See with Jason Mamoa (the show that has gotten the worst reviews) is probably my favorite. It is by Stephen Knight (Peaky Blinders, Taboo) and is just a really fun popcorn show, with incredible action and tension. The Morning Show with Witherspoon, Carrell and Anniston started off rocky but it is getting better by the episode. It's kinda like Big Little Lies in a newsroom.

I've watched a million other things in the time since I was posting a lot. Hard to remember now.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post

Love The Watchmen. It is so, so, so, so terrific. I always fall hard for Lindlehof but this is especially great.

The Mandalorian is way better than I thought it was going to be. Looks like a zillion bucks. Tons of fun. My family and I are having a blast watching it together. There won't be much else on D+ I want to watch though until the next Marvel show comes out like 8 months from now. I have three kids so I will keep it, but if I didn't I probably wouldn't sign up. The service is for kids.

I got AppleTV+ and generally like all of their programming. None of it is incredible though...yet. See with Jason Mamoa (the show that has gotten the worst reviews) is probably my favorite. It is by Stephen Knight (Peaky Blinders, Taboo) and is just a really fun popcorn show, with incredible action and tension. The Morning Show with Witherspoon, Carrell and Anniston started off rocky but it is getting better by the episode. It's kinda like Big Little Lies in a newsroom.

I've watched a million other things in the time since I was posting a lot. Hard to remember now.
    Mandalorian is really good. I saw the second episode is up, so I need to check that out. I totally disagree that the service is for kids, though. I freaking love it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post

Please remember. I enjoy reading your posts about tv etc.

I don't see near the amount of things that you do, and often our taste is very different, but nevertheless it's always enlightening reading your comments about shows. I missed seeing you in here. I hope all is well.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

I finished the latest season of Peaky Blinders last night. An excellent season it was.

I know nothing of Watchmen. Absolutely nothing.
    Should I still watch it?
    There's a sinister plot a brewin'

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I finished the latest season of Peaky Blinders last night. An excellent season it was.

Should I still watch it?
    You should definitely read the comic. Itís one of the two best superhero comics ever written. Do yourself that favor.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Mandalorian is really good. I saw the second episode is up, so I need to check that out. I totally disagree that the service is for kids, though. I freaking love it.
    That is not a slam on D+. But they arenít making content for adults, that is being pushed over to Hulu by Disney. Outside of Star Wars and Marvel the content is going to be for teens and younger. They should take some of their IP like Pirates of the Caribbean or whatever and make a pirate show out of that.

Itís great doe my kids, and great for family movie night, but it will be a rare thing if I turn it on on my own.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    You should definitely read the comic. Itís one of the two best superhero comics ever written. Do yourself that favor.
    Great advice. Are you able to weigh in on my question?

Sure. Watch the show after you read the comic. Not because the show depends on the comic, but because the comic is essential reading. (I think knowing something about the comic helps watching the show, though.)

Sure. Watch the show after you read the comic. Not because the show depends on the comic, but because the comic is essential reading. (I think knowing something about the comic helps watching the show, though.)
    The only essential reading is The Weekly World News.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    The only essential reading is The Weekly World News.
    Well, obviously, this is for after youíve finished the WWN.

Please remember. I enjoy reading your posts about tv etc.

I don't see near the amount of things that you do, and often our taste is very different, but nevertheless it's always enlightening reading your comments about shows. I missed seeing you in here. I hope all is well.
    Thanks fred. Yeah, everything is going well. I will try to be around more. I always love chatting.

And with the coming avalanche of TV, you guys are gonna meed me to give some direction. If it feels like we are drowning in a tsunami or content, just wait.

Yeah the comic is so good. And like the show it is very layered and about BIG ideas.

NYYF Legend

Where would you get the whole comic to read?

NYYF Legend

Should I still watch it?
    Good to hear. I've been rewatching PB since the beginning, and it definitely stands up well to a second watch. There are subplots I didn't appreciate the first time.The seasons are short, so it's not that hard. I'm almost ready for the new season.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Where would you get the whole comic to read?
    In a bookstore.

NYYF Legend

In a bookstore.
    I guess I'm a little confused. Is this a graphic novel or a series of comic books (like you would get in a comic book store with issues coming out each week)?

I see on Amazon they have a Watchmen Graphic Novel, is that what I should read.

(I'm not being an ass here, I really need direction...!)

Season 3 of The Crown drops today on netflix with wholesale cast changes which should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Good to hear. I've been rewatching PB since the beginning, and it definitely stands up well to a second watch. There are subplots I didn't appreciate the first time.The seasons are short, so it's not that hard. I'm almost ready for the new season.
    I was going to ask JDP if he rewatched any of the series before picking up the new season and if he thought it was necessary/helpful? My intention is to at least watch the last season before watching the new season sometime this winter.

NYYF Legend

I was going to ask JDP if he rewatched any of the series before picking up the new season and if he thought it was necessary/helpful? My intention is to at least watch the last season before watching the new season sometime this winter.
    I did not watch any of the last season. I went back and read the recaps of the last few episodes of season 4. Itís mostly new content for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    There is nothing else on TV like Mr. Robot. What they pulled off this week was amazing.
    Funny, I liked that episode, but I thought it was basically a juiced-up version of an old Mission:Impossible episode. Very well done, but not unfamiliar.

Thousands of Disney+ accounts hacked and up for sale...well done Disney...that didnt take long

https://www.techspot.com/news/82804-...-dark-web.html
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    **This Space For Rent**

Should I still watch it?
    I knew nothing of Watchmen. Never read the comic...wasn't the least bit familiar.

As for the show, I've only seen the first episode so far, but I'm completely hooked. It might be better if you've read the source material, but it's by no means necessary.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    I knew nothing of Watchmen. Never read the comic...wasn't the least bit familiar.

As for the show, I've only seen the first episode so far, but I'm completely hooked. It might be better if you've read the source material, but it's by no means necessary.
    Thanks.

NYYF Legend

I usually watch 3 or 4 episodes of Schitt's Creek at a sitting.

Then I take a little break and then treat myself to 3 or 4 more episodes.

It's just the best damn show.

(I have 2 more to go, then wait for season 6)

Thread Information