+ Reply to Thread
Page 512 of 512 FirstFirst ... 12 412 462 502 509 510 511 512
Results 12,776 to 12,783 of 12783
    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Most of the shows people talk about here I've never seen. I watch a lot, and I mean a lot, of tv but I could never find the time to watch all of those shows.
    Youíd probably have to cut back on the Matlock reruns.

I would suggest cutting back on the Hallmark movies, but I know thatís not an option.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I don't get that show. I tried to watch it a few times and gave up. People kept raving and raving about it so I finally binged the whole thing. I still don't get it. I think it's a maybe slightly above average network sitcom. Just not special. But tv is something for everyone I guess.
    Did you know how season 1 ended before you started?

It's the only thing on network TV I watch because it's unlike anything on network TV. I applaud them for going all in on the serialization, bonkers premise, and in depth ideas about the afterlife and moral philosophy all while throwing out good jokes, showing Ted Danson still has it, and being the best thing about having Jacksonville exist.

The show never should have worked after season 1, but they managed to pull it off. Then after season 2 it again should have been done, but they're pulling it off still (YMMV - I agree this is the weakest of the 3 seasons).

I tried watching an episode of Murphy Brown and oh my god was it cringeworty bad. CBS is such a joke and it makes me angry how they have the highest rated shows because without fail every one of their shows is cliche' filled drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Youíd probably have to cut back on the Matlock reruns.

I would suggest cutting back on the Hallmark movies, but I know thatís not an option.
    My son's girlfriend was at out house a couple weekends ago and she ended up watching some cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie with my wife. I heard her comment that she doesn't have the Hallmark channel at their house and I asked her if I could move in with her.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Did you know how season 1 ended before you started?

It's the only thing on network TV I watch because it's unlike anything on network TV. I applaud them for going all in on the serialization, bonkers premise, and in depth ideas about the afterlife and moral philosophy all while throwing out good jokes, showing Ted Danson still has it, and being the best thing about having Jacksonville exist.

The show never should have worked after season 1, but they managed to pull it off. Then after season 2 it again should have been done, but they're pulling it off still (YMMV - I agree this is the weakest of the 3 seasons).
    I love Ted Danson but the show rarely makes me really laugh. An occasional chuckle is the best it does for me. I will rave about Superstore though. Do you watch that? It puts The Good Place to shame. Brooklyn Nine-Nine has the best characters and is also a much better sitcom than Good Place.
    Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing. ~Arundhati Roy

I love Ted Danson but the show rarely makes me really laugh. An occasional chuckle is the best it does for me. I will rave about Superstore though. Do you watch that? It puts The Good Place to shame. Brooklyn Nine-Nine has the best characters and is also a much better sitcom than Good Place.
    I never tried Superstore. I watched Brooklyn 99 when it started but then Sunday nights got too busy with my DVR and it got the short straw. I have heard it's the best ensemble on TV right now so now that it's on NBC I'll give it another go. It's also made by Mike Schur so I know it'll be good.

I just realized I lied about network TV because I also watch, and love, Bob's Burgers.

The Good Place is more than just a network sitcom. It is treading in places few dramas even go, philosophy, ethics, morality. Itís quite an achievement that it can be so silly and over the top. It isnít fair to compare it to other network sitcoms.

I do think Superstore, B99 and Blackish are funnier though. Not better complete shows than Good Place tho, IMO.

Related, I wonder if Schur has ever posted on NYYF?

I will rave about Superstore though. Do you watch that? It puts The Good Place to shame.
    I agree. Every Wal-Mar stereotype imaginable. The writers must take a day or two every week just wandering around their local Wal-Mart for inspiration.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Thread Information