+ Reply to Thread
Page 502 of 503 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 499 500 501 502 503 LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,550 of 12556
    NYYF Legend

Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Golf tv show ? are you kidding me, showing on YesNetwork right now. take that piece of crap from programming yesnetwork, Bring back this week in football instead or Aaron Boone show. Girardi's has his own show on yes, why not Boone?
    Because the FCC has a limit in the number of times ďyou knowĒ is said on air. Boone already pushes the limit with his 5 minute blurbs.

Season 5 of Bojack Horseman drops September 14.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Season 5 of Bojack Horseman drops September 14.

Along with season 2 of American Vandal.

Screw you Netflix for making me have choose between your two best shows on the same day!
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    We've just watched the first episode of Jack Ryan. About to watch the second.

I'm sure Ozark season two will happen in the coming weeks.

Edit: We watched the first three episodes of Jack Ryan. Perfectly solid show. I have some small issues with it but it's pretty much what I expected.
    I watched the first two of Jack Ryan. I never read the books but did see the first three movies. Was he always this perfect? Marine, PhD in Economics, Wall Street alum, and CIA analyst/part time Jack Bauer? My biggest gripe was him having time to row the Potomac, and somehow bike to Langley

I started season 1 of Ozark. I missed it last year but looks like it'll try to fill my Breaking Bad super dark family story hole only of course not as good as that Mt Rushmore show.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I watched the first two of Jack Ryan. I never read the books but did see the first three movies. Was he always this perfect? Marine, PhD in Economics, Wall Street alum, and CIA analyst/part time Jack Bauer? My biggest gripe was him having time to row the Potomac, and somehow bike to Langley

I started season 1 of Ozark. I missed it last year but looks like it'll try to fill my Breaking Bad super dark family story hole only of course not as good as that Mt Rushmore show.

Even worse they showed him biking away from the Capitol building. You wouldn't be in Georgetown and then bike east across the city to the Capitol, to only turn around and bike west across the city again and then go all the way out to Langley. That would take forever.

Enjoying the show though. As a DC area resident for 17 years now it drove me bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Even worse they showed him biking away from the Capitol building. You wouldn't be in Georgetown and then bike east across the city to the Capitol, to only turn around and bike west across the city again and then go all the way out to Langley. That would take forever.
    For most people, yeah, but this is Jack Ryan. Half an hour, tops.

In DC? Probably quicker by bike than it would be to do in a car.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Started watching The Sinner and Ozark this weekend. Between these and Sharp Objects I need a comedy in my life. I want to catch up on Bojack, but even that show is a emotional ride. What do you recommend?

NYYF Legend

Enjoying the show though. As a DC area resident for 17 years now it drove me bananas.
    For almost three years, I biked from 33rd & O (Georgetown) to 11th & Penn (now Trump International, overflow FEA in '75-'77). That took 20-25 minutes. I am no Jack Ryan, but I sure can navigate better. It still would be a 45 minute+ ride in DC heat. (For the record, C&O Canal towpath to the Chain Bridge, then surface roads to Langley). I share your bananas.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Started watching The Sinner and Ozark this weekend. Between these and Sharp Objects I need a comedy in my life. I want to catch up on Bojack, but even that show is a emotional ride. What do you recommend?
    How lighthearted should it be?

Finish friggin American Vandal.

Season 2 drops Friday.

Also, Insecure is really funny and one of the best things on TV.

Also Always Sunny is back. And if you havenít watched Detroiters on Comedy Central just wrapped up itís second season, itís silly and fun.

Finish friggin American Vandal.

Season 2 drops Friday.

Also, Insecure is really funny and one of the best things on TV.
    I finished it!

Tried Insecure, not for me.

Also Always Sunny is back. And if you havenít watched Detroiters on Comedy Central just wrapped up itís second season, itís silly and fun.
    I loved Sunny the first 5 years then I realized every episode is the same. Them yelling and being terrible. It got old.

Have you watched Better Things? It's not a lighthearted comedy because it's one of those that deals with more real life circumstances but it's excellent.

And this may not be as cool a suggestion but Fresh Off the Boat is very funny and the cast is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Have you watched Better Things? It's not a lighthearted comedy because it's one of those that deals with more real life circumstances but it's excellent.

And this may not be as cool a suggestion but Fresh Off the Boat is very funny and the cast is great.
    I can't get into those single camera single voice shows. Louie, Atlanta, Better Things, Master of None. Didn't like any of them.

Couple of huge trailers out today. First is Amazon's The Romanoffs, Matthew Weiner's return to TV. The cast is full of Mad Men All Stars. Plus regular top tier actors like Aaron Eckhart, Isabelle Huppert, Amanda Peet, Corey Stoll, Diane Lane and a couple actors from Halt and Catch Fire.

Second is Netflix's TV show/movie/anthology Western from the Coen Brothers. Looks incredible to me.

Which is also loaded with stars like Liam Neeson, James Franco, etc.

Second is Netflix's TV show/movie/anthology Western from the Coen Brothers. Looks incredible to me.

Which is also loaded with stars like Liam Neeson, James Franco, etc.

What do you mean TV show/movie/anthology? Looks like it's a movie?

What do you mean TV show/movie/anthology? Looks like it's a movie?

Well, it is six individual stories, or chapters. If you watch on Netflix, I believe it is broken apart into six half hour chapters that you will have to play individually. Netflix is releasing it in the theaters as a three hour movie.

Or something like that...

Well, it is six individual stories, or chapters. If you watch on Netflix, I believe it is broken apart into six half hour chapters that you will have to play individually. Netflix is releasing it in the theaters as a three hour movie.

Or something like that...
    Oh I see.

Theatrical release so it can get Oscar nominations?

Today is Streampocalypse where the streaming services are dropping shows just before the Emmy's.

Netflix has:

American Vandal season 2
    Bojack Horseman season 5
    and the new Norm McDonald talk show

Amazon:
    Forever new comedy from Alan Yang starring Fred Armisen and Maya Rudolph that is drawing rave reviews.

Hulu:

The First a drama starring Sean Penn who is an astronaut on the first mission to Mars

Aaron Paul joins the cast of Westworld. Yeah bitch!

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2018/9/...world-season-3

Watched the first couple episodes of American Vandalís new season, the first one is definitely gross, but the next couple eps were great. This is just a great, great show.

Itís about d!cks and poop, but also addresses huge serious issues. It is amazing.

Watched the first couple episodes of American Vandalís new season, the first one is definitely gross, but the next couple eps were great. This is just a great, great show.

Itís about d!cks and poop, but also addresses huge serious issues. It is amazing.
    https://www.vox.com/tv/2018/9/14/178...netflix-review
    American Vandal season 2 is a little more serious ó but in a good way
    Itís still the .................

I'm through 6 episodes of American Vandal S2 and I love it. Not that I'm an expert but no other show feels as authentic in how it presents the lives of teens these days. Their attention to detail is so great and funny. I mean having the ios "I" glitch be a big plot device is brilliant. I also loved the meta aspect of how these HS kids made such a high production value documentary last season.

I think I heard something about the Emmys being last night. Does anyone watch award shows?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information