+ Reply to Thread
Page 490 of 503 FirstFirst ... 390 440 480 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 500 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,250 of 12557

Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Good to know.

Caught up on Legion?
    Oh by the way, you might be interested to know that Andy Greenwald has sold a pilot to USA. Sam Esmail is an executive producer on the project. Which probably gives it a good shot to get picked up at USA.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/usa-...ne-1202750969/
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Gotham gave a HUGE nod to the Jack Nicholson Batman movie last night.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

I've been watching a new series on BBC America called Killing Eve. I'm a couple of episodes into it but it's entertaining. MI5 operatives, a nut job assassin. It's nothing unforgettable but so far I'm in.... and sarcastic English humor always draws me in.

I started watching because I saw Jody Comer is in it (the nut job assassin) and I've liked her in a few things along the way. Sandra Oh plays the MI5 agent. (almost didn't watch because I find her annoying but so far she's not annoying me... too much)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I've been watching a new series on BBC America called Killing Eve. I'm a couple of episodes into it but it's entertaining. MI5 operatives, a nut job assassin. It's nothing unforgettable but so far I'm in.... and sarcastic English humor always draws me in.

I started watching because I saw Jody Comer is in it (the nut job assassin) and I've liked her in a few things along the way. Sandra Oh plays the MI5 agent. (almost didn't watch because I find her annoying but so far she's not annoying me... too much)
    Dude I've been hyping that show for a while now. Last night's episode was fantastic. I highly recommend.
    In Cashman I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Dude I've been hyping that show for a while now. Last night's episode was fantastic. I highly recommend.
    Really, I missed you hyping that. I'm glad I found it, though.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I am also enjoying this so far. Different spin. I, otoh, like Oh a lot. I thought she was the best thing about what little I watched of Grey's Anatomy.
    The feminist agenda ... encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians. ~Pat Robertson 1992

Really, I missed you hyping that. I'm glad I found it, though.
    A hot psychopath assassin with a sense of humor who is being portrayed by a great actress. I'm in. There is nothing not to like. It's nothing like I've ever seen before. I expected a female Dexter based on the teasers until I read the description before the show premiered. It's more like The Killing, but from two perspectives. Anyone who was a fan of The Killing should check this out.
    In Cashman I trust.

A hot psychopath assassin with a sense of humor who is being portrayed by a great actress. I'm in. There is nothing not to like.
    It must have gotten lost in all the Roseanne stuff. I kind of tuned out that discussion.

I like Comer in Dr. Foster but I digress. (I think I originally saw her in Thirteen)

It must have gotten lost in all the Roseanne stuff. I kind of tuned out that discussion.

I like Comer in Dr. Foster but I digress. (I think I originally saw her in Thirteen)
    Speaking of which, Roseanne and Roseanne both get less funny each episode. Too bad.

Yeah it probably did. I tried posting about it when I bowed out of the discussion. I'm glad you like it. I think a lot of people here would.
    In Cashman I trust.

The main reason the show works is that it is written by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who is probably one of the very best TV writers going today. If you haven't watched Fleabag, it is on Amazon Prime, it is terrific. Funny, emotional, raunchy, dark, it hits so many notes well. She is going to be in the Han Solo movie coming out.

A hot psychopath assassin with a sense of humor who is being portrayed by a great actress. I'm in. There is nothing not to like. It's nothing like I've ever seen before. I expected a female Dexter based on the teasers until I read the description before the show premiered. It's more like The Killing, but from two perspectives. Anyone who was a fan of The Killing should check this out.
    I don't really agree with this. The Killing, which I liked, is so dreary and glum. Killing Eve is so tonally different. I don't think he shows are comparable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    The main reason the show works is that it is written by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who is probably one of the very best TV writers going today. If you haven't watched Fleabag, it is on Amazon Prime, it is terrific. Funny, emotional, raunchy, dark, it hits so many notes well. She is going to be in the Han Solo movie coming out.
    I watched Fleabag but I was pretty "meh" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I am also enjoying this so far. Different spin. I, otoh, like Oh a lot. I thought she was the best thing about what little I watched of Grey's Anatomy.
    I actually like Fiona Shaw as Oh's handler the most on the show. She has the best lines. The line about her watching a rat drinking a can of coke "with both hands. Extraordinary" and the way she delivered that line was fantastic.

I don't really agree with this. The Killing, which I liked, is so dreary and glum. Killing Eve is so tonally different. I don't think he shows are comparable at all.
    I just meant from the perspective of the person trying to catch the killer. In this show, you get that plus the perspective of the actual killer.

As for the tone of the show, yeah, they are polar opposites.
    In Cashman I trust.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I hate Sandra Oh. Won't watch anything with her. It's ok I don't have time for anything else right now anyway.

I hate Sandra Oh. Won't watch anything with her. It's ok I don't have time for anything else right now anyway.
    I sort of had the same reaction but she's pretty good in the show. I got past her being in it.

Oh, and I've never seen 2 minutes of Grey's Anatomy.

I watched Fleabag but I was pretty "meh" about it.
    Interesting, I thought it was outstanding.

Has anyone dipped in on Lost in Space yet?

My initial reaction is I would rather be smacked over the head with a bag of nickels.

I watched the first episode yesterday. Beautiful production value, so-so story, but then again it's Lost in Space so there should be a certain level of cheese to it.

I watched the first episode yesterday. Beautiful production value, so-so story, but then again it's Lost in Space so there should be a certain level of cheese to it.
    From what I have heard it seems like if you are expecting prestige TV, you are going to be disappointed. But if you are looking for a fun family adventure show, it's pretty great then.

Netflix doesn't need everything to be prestige, so I am cool with them doing something more broad like that.

From what I have heard it seems like if you are expecting prestige TV, you are going to be disappointed. But if you are looking for a fun family adventure show, it's pretty great then.

Netflix doesn't need everything to be prestige, so I am cool with them doing something more broad like that.
    That's fine with me. It's like Altered Carbon. HBO production with Syfy level story and writing.

NYYF Legend

Did anyone else see this article on Rotten Tomatoes?

13 UPCOMING TV FANTASY SERIES THAT COULD BE THE NEXT GAME OF THRONES

http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/...me-of-thrones/

Wow.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

'The Expanse' is already the next Game of Thrones, for my money.

Optimistic for 'Good Omens' and 'Men at Arms', but both are at least partially comedies, and while I'd love for either of them to break out huge, I'm not sure. Pratchett on the small screen has always been a low-budget, trying-hard type of affair, and I found 'American Gods' to be achingly slow and dreamlike, though beautiful to look at.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

Thread Information