+ Reply to Thread
Page 480 of 503 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 490 ... LastLast
Results 11,976 to 12,000 of 12552

Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I love Wed nights. Channel Zero and X Files. They deliver every, single, week. 2 hours of awesome.
    Can this X files be picked up without researching what happened in the original?

I watched the original and loved it until later in the series, and I skipped the last season.

From reading stuff here, it sounds like something to start, and I need a show.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Can this X files be picked up without researching what happened in the original?

I watched the original and loved it until later in the series, and I skipped the last season.

Thereís a few references to the old original story but only 2 of these episodes this year have been tied in to the original run - and theyve been the weakest episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post

you have a general idea of what the show is, so yeah I agree with Rhody, I’d say no issues. There are a couple of mythology episodes that you may be lost on a few details but overall you’ll be good. It’s been mostly monster of the week type like in the first few seasons.

This season could wind up being one of my favorites of the show’s entire run.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Thanks Rhody and HM23.

Going to give it a shot.

Finished Gomorrah, and have literally no shows for my wife and I outside of TWD on the docket.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

NYYF Legend

I've been trying to like 'Corporate', but it really feels like a weak copy of 'Better Off Ted' (one of my favorite shows of the last 20 years). There's a few good lines, but between 'Better Off Ted' and 'Office Space', it's all a bit . . . meh. I did enjoy Aparna Nancherla's guest spot on 'Harmonquest', but she's not given enough to do here.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Yup, I was watching and thinking "how have they not done this story already"
    Which is why it was just a meh episode for me. Feels like they did it before.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmania View Post
    I've been trying to like 'Corporate', but it really feels like a weak copy of 'Better Off Ted' (one of my favorite shows of the last 20 years). There's a few good lines, but between 'Better Off Ted' and 'Office Space', it's all a bit . . . meh. I did enjoy Aparna Nancherla's guest spot on 'Harmonquest', but she's not given enough to do here.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    I donít think Corporate is like those other things you mentioned at all other than just that it is set in the corporate world.

Corporate is really really Dark. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    I don’t think Corporate is like those other things you mentioned at all other than just that it is set in the corporate world.

Corporate is really really Dark. I like it.
    Ive watched one episode. The dickhead boss guy reminds me of Ed Nygma in Gotham. I know it’s not him but his mannerisms and facial expressions are very similar.
    Last edited by Hitman23; 03-09-18 at 06:44 PM.
    In Cashman I trust.

I saw last night I have 7 episodes of the Versace show on my DVR. I'm in the precarious position of do I delete or endure.

I'm currently halfway through my BB rewatch and up to "One Minute" which is one of the 5 best episodes. It's still so good.

I'm also watching Crazy Ex Girlfriend which is so fun.

I watched the first episode of the new Netflix limited series Collateral. It is a London-based detective show about a muslim pizza boy that gets murdered. It is very much about issues facing modern day London: Brexit, refugees, Labour politics. The show also crackles with the energy of the city. I highly recommend it after just one episode, and there are only four, so not a big commitment.

Bonus, it stars the great Carey Mulligan as the lead detective. I give two huge thumbs up to it and I think that it is something a lot of people around here would like.

I watched the first episode of the new Netflix limited series Collateral. It is a London-based detective show about a muslim pizza boy that gets murdered. It is very much about issues facing modern day London: Brexit, refugees, Labour politics. The show also crackles with the energy of the city. I highly recommend it after just one episode, and there are only four, so not a big commitment.

Bonus, it stars the great Carey Mulligan as the lead detective. I give two huge thumbs up to it and I think that it is something a lot of people around here would like.
    I got about halfway into the first episode and became bored and sort of gave up on it. I'll give it another go (at least it's a short limited series show)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I got about halfway into the first episode and became bored and sort of gave up on it. I'll give it another go (at least it's a short limited series show)
    I could see some aspects of it people may not like, but boring is not the word I would use at all.

The dialogue is really quick, the mood is tense and there is a ton of action that happens in the first hour. And as I said, the portrayal of London just has so much energy to it. The show is also only four hours long, so there isn't any wasted time, the plot moves.

I love it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    This is exactly what happened to me last night. Funny.

Wow, I'm really surprised.

NYYF Legend

Wow, I'm really surprised.
    I am going to give it another shot on my way home.

Iím going to try watching this, but I have to say, it was really tough flipping past Girls Incarcerated: Young and Locked Up to find it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Iím going to try watching this, but I have to say, it was really tough flipping past Girls Incarcerated: Young and Locked Up to find it.
    Netflix knows what you like and makes it easy for you to find.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Netflix knows what you like and makes it easy for you to find.
    Eh. Turns out itís a documentary series. Iím probably better off watching an old Sybil Danning movie.

Man that finale of Channel Zero was sick. Best season of the show out of the three. It was so gloriously twisted.

X Files nailed it again also. Season finale next week. Wednesday is going to suck when itís over.
    In Cashman I trust.

NYYF Legend

I tried a couple of episodes of 'Collateral' last night, a BBC miniseries about a murder in London. It's got a few familiar names - Carey Mulligan, John Sims, and Billie Piper are the ones who jumped out at me. Seeing Mulligan as a cynical, hard-bitten cop was a bit jarring.

I really like 'Layer Cake' and 'Luther', so I'm always ready to give a London-based crime drama a try, but this one didn't really work for me. A lot of the dialogue seemed unrealistic and expository, and the sense of style wasn't really there. Having moved away, there was a little of a 'I know that street!' fun, but not enough for me to want to continue. 'Collateral', for me, will continue to mean the Jamie Foxx/Tom Cruise movie, which is excellent. Still, the show might be worth a look for some if you like the genre.

The writer of 'Luther' apparently created 'Hard Sun', a "pre-apocalyptic" show. Has that already been mentioned on this thread? I'm looking forward to giving it a try next instead.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

Has anyone watched "Occupied" on netflix?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4192998/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    In the near future, Norway is occupied by Russia on behalf of the European Union, due to the fact that the newly elected environmental friendly Norwegian government has stopped the all important oil- and gas-production in the North Sea.
    I watched the first one and it was pretty good. It's subtitled so not something I can watch while doing other stuff so it'll take a while to get through.

NYYF Legend

I watched the first one and it was pretty good. It's subtitled so not something I can watch while doing other stuff so it'll take a while to get through.
    I, and my youngest son, loved the first one. I will definitely hit this one. Plane ride back if Netflix allows the downloads.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

AMC is going to try their hand at another horror show called The Terror, which premiers March 26th. Looks very cool by the previews.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/...ns-youd-expect

THE TERROR: AMC'S NEW HORROR SERIES HAS SOMETHING MUCH SCARIER THAN ZOMBIES
    On March 26, viewers will be introduced to The Terror, a 10-episode series that blends historical fact with chilling fiction. Executive produced by Ridley Scott and based on Dan Simmons' 2007 book of the same name, the story is based on the real-life expedition overseen by Sir John Franklin, a British Naval Officer who led two ships -- the HMS Erebus and HMS Terror -- to try and discover a route through the treacherous Northwest Passage in 1845. After the two ships became trapped in the ice, they -- and the 129 crew members aboard -- were never seen again, until 2014, when the wreckage of the Erebus was discovered off the coast of King William Island, with the Terror discovered two years later.

What happened to the crew has been the subject of intense speculation for many years (evidence tells us that there was at least some cannibalism), but Simmons' interpretation combines human arrogance and the punishing arctic conditions with a more supernatural foe, locking the sailors in a desperate fight for survival in one of the most inhospitable places on earth.
    In Cashman I trust.

I watched the first season a few months back and loved it. I didnt watch it on Netflix though. I have yet to watch season 2 but will get to it eventually.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    AMC is going to try their hand at another horror show called The Terror, which premiers March 26th. Looks very cool by the previews.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/...ns-youd-expect
    I'm in on this!

Thread Information