see article

https://nypost.com/2019/02/10/anothe...es-kaprielian/

Devoted Member

Re: Another team's prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    Too bad for him... I really had high hopes for him before the TJ surgery

NYYF Legend

If Sonny Gray had gotten ANY traction at all here this trade would have been epic. Instead it's just a cesspool of failure and misery.

At least the Yankees cashed out and have another shot at value.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

So right now this trade is a loss-loss with a bigger loss on the A's side, meh. A realistic best case scenario for the A's is that Fowler becomes a serviceable 4th OF/defensive replacement, while for the Yankees it depends on who they get in the draft with the pick (and any bonus from Stowers).

NYYF Legend

Kaps, if he doesn't pitch this season will be a tough stay on the A's 40 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post
    So right now this trade is a loss-loss with a bigger loss on the A's side, meh. A realistic best case scenario for the A's is that Fowler becomes a serviceable 4th OF/defensive replacement, while for the Yankees it depends on who they get in the draft with the pick (and any bonus from Stowers).
    Better to think of the draft slot as additional bonus pool allocation than an additional player.....

NYYF Legend

WOW!! Just saw Vlad Jr on ST highlight shot and i think he has gotten even more Chubby over the off season? He looked soft last year but even bigger this season... Panda II?

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    If Sonny Gray had gotten ANY traction at all here this trade would have been epic. Instead it's just a cesspool of failure and misery.

At least the Yankees cashed out and have another shot at value.
    Very similar to the Jesus Montero v Michael Pineda deal.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    WOW!! Just saw Vlad Jr on ST highlight shot and i think he has gotten even more Chubby over the off season? He looked soft last year but even bigger this season... Panda II?
    Well he is only 19-20 years old. He is still "growing".

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Well he is only 19-20 years old. He is still "growing".
    But not in a good way, if the TV is any indication.

NYYF Legend

Very similar to the Jesus Montero v Michael Pineda deal.
    I see what you're saying, but I'd disagree with it being very similar. Even with Pineda coming up short of expectations he was still good enough in pinstripes for the Yankees to have unquestionably won that trade. Not as good as they wanted him to be, but certainly productive.

Gray just fell apart to the point that, even when he did show flashes of production, you knew there was a negative correction coming fast.

Devoted Member

I see what you're saying, but I'd disagree with it being very similar. Even with Pineda coming up short of expectations he was still good enough in pinstripes for the Yankees to have unquestionably won that trade. Not as good as they wanted him to be, but certainly productive.

Gray just fell apart to the point that, even when he did show flashes of production, you knew there was a negative correction coming fast.
    I thought that trade was epic at the time (Montero for Pineda). It's a prime example of how you really can't predict how young players will develop.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post

I think Kaprelian could still be a high-impact reliever (probably for a couple of years, depending on his shoulder...), but yeah, clearly no winners.

NYYF Triple Crown

ben.badler
    Gabriel Jackson signed with the Red Sox for $350,000 at 16 years old. RHP from the Dominican Republic 🇩🇴 with heavy life on a fastball thatís been up to 93 mph and projects to throw in the mid-90s.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuxL3coD...ource=ig_embed

https://www.instagram.com/p/Buy8O9pj...ource=ig_embed

ben.badler
    The Red Sox signed outfielder Bryan Gonzalez for $500,000 at 16 years old out of the Dominican Republic 🇩🇴. Strong, physical corner OF with big power 💪 from the right side. Pro debut this summer in the DSL.

NYYF Legend

Hunter Green to have TJ surgery.

Hunter Green news is a reminder that when it comes to TJs, limiting innings/pitches can help, but is no guarantee of anything. Greene was never overworked in HS or a a pro.
    https://twitter.com/jjcoop36/status/...649896454?s=19

NYYF Legend

At a minor league game with my kids and just watched a decidedly unimpressive start from Justus.

4.2 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 5 BB, 1 K

Lots of former Yankees here today: Venditte, Sheffield, Polo, Solano, even Shed Long.

This is true. Pineda looked legit at times. Gray just looked good at times but was always nibbling.

How has Mateo and Fowler faired? Haven't been keeping up with them. I had high hopes for Fowler too.

NYYF Legend

Mateo was complete trash in AAA last year, Fowler was complete trash in Oakland last year.

Fowler lost his Oakland job to Ramon Laureano this year and is off to a hot first week in AAA.

Mateo is also off to a hot first week in AAA this year.

Mateo was complete trash in AAA last year, Fowler was complete trash in Oakland last year.

Fowler lost his Oakland job to Ramon Laureano this year and is off to a hot first week in AAA.

Mateo is also off to a hot first week in AAA this year.

You beat me to it, Snatch. Fowler had a pretty good ST, a little surprised he got optioned. Hard to believe Mateo is 24 yrs old now.

NYYF Legend

Continuing the conversation with guys we traded away - anyone notice the year Blake Rutherford is having? Still way too early, but a .114/.139/.114 line is pretty rough, to say the least. It's his first taste at the AA level (Southern League), but 13 Ks and 1 BB in 36 PAs is really rough.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    You beat me to it, Snatch. Fowler had a pretty good ST, a little surprised he got optioned. Hard to believe Mateo is 24 yrs old now.
    Laureano took the job and ran with it last summer. One area the A's have a fair amount of depth is in the OF so not that surprising they want Fowler playing everyday in AAA instead of 5th OF in Oakland.

But yes Mateo and Fowler both off to hot starts for Vegas.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Continuing the conversation with guys we traded away - anyone notice the year Blake Rutherford is having? Still way too early, but a .114/.139/.114 line is pretty rough, to say the least. It's his first taste at the AA level (Southern League), but 13 Ks and 1 BB in 36 PAs is really rough.
    I was a HUGE Blake Rutherford fan. He still is very young (Only 22), and its still early, but he hasn't been the guy I thought he would be.

NYYF Legend

I was a HUGE Blake Rutherford fan. He still is very young (Only 22), and its still early, but he hasn't been the guy I thought he would be.
    Agree with this.

To me, the biggest disappointment has been his power numbers, or lack thereof. I thought he would be a high teens - low 20s HR guy, but right now, I just don't see it. At least not from his numbers.

Red Sox are calling up Chavis.

Thread Information