+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 188 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 4682
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post

Oh hell, that sucks

NYYF Legend

Re: Another team's prospects thread

Honeywell and now Puk. I'm legitimately relieved CP doesn't really like the Yankees starting prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Honeywell and now Puk. I'm legitimately relieved CP doesn't really like the Yankees starting prospects.
    Zach Littell confirmed TJ surgery next.

NYYF Legend

Has anyone read anything regarding concern about Vlad Guerrero Jr's body in the long term? I just watched his magical walkoff in Montreal and got drawn to his build again. I understand his virtually unparalleled hit tool, but he literally turned 19 ten days ago and has a lower half that looks like a 30 year old - and not necessarily in a good way.

Maybe it's just the way he fills out a uniform and he's really an adonis, but this isn't the first time I thought he looked like he might have weight/mobility/leg troubles in the long term. At quick glance he looks more like a young Prince Fielder in his body than he does his dad.

And this isn't hating, I'd obviously take him without even thinking about it over anyone not named Gleyber (and maybe him, too, but it's a longer conversation).
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Has anyone read anything regarding concern about Vlad Guerrero Jr's body in the long term? I just watched his magical walkoff in Montreal and got drawn to his build again. I understand his virtually unparalleled hit tool, but he literally turned 19 ten days ago and has a lower half that looks like a 30 year old - and not necessarily in a good way.

Maybe it's just the way he fills out a uniform and he's really an adonis, but this isn't the first time I thought he looked like he might have weight/mobility/leg troubles in the long term. At quick glance he looks more like a young Prince Fielder in his body than he does his dad.

And this isn't hating, I'd obviously take him without even thinking about it over anyone not named Gleyber (and maybe him, too, but it's a longer conversation).
    Yes, I believe I have read in the past at BA about concerns with Jr.'s body and that he may need to shift over to 1B relatively soon, where the bat should definitely still play.

I got drawn to his build as well, especially as he was rounding third. That lower half is not ideal. To me, he does look like his dad in his lower half... when Sr. was in his last years with the Angels.

NYYF Legend

Hahaha. I remember reading that yesterday and being like god dammit. Literally the two guys I wanted to trade Clint Frazier for.

SPs are all screwed. Puks a beast though, still might do it for Clint.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Lindgren to have his 2nd TJ surgery.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Tampa lost another top prospect for the 2018 season.

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/tampa...ry/c-270215556
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

Jay Groome out with a flexor strain, per Alex Speier.

NYYF Legend

Red Sox #1 prospect, Michael Chavis, suspended 80 games for PED use.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Red Sox #1 prospect, Michael Chavis, suspended 80 games for PED use.
    I am amazed that so many are still using.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Robles looked like he had a bad injury to his left arm while diving for a ball.

NYYF Legend

MLB Pipeline @MLBPipeline 54m54 minutes ago
    #Rays No. 12 prospect Nick Solak, acquired from the #Yankees in the 3-team Brandon Drury deal, is the 2B on our Prospect Team of the Week after batting .429 with 9 walks and 3 stolen bases

NYYF Legend

Looks like they have Littell on a pitches cap, ERA not great, but through 8.1 IP has 17K/3BB. God damn!
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

MLB Pipeline @MLBPipeline 54m54 minutes ago
    #Rays No. 12 prospect Nick Solak, acquired from the #Yankees in the 3-team Brandon Drury deal, is the 2B on our Prospect Team of the Week after batting .429 with 9 walks and 3 stolen bases
    Wow, nice!

NYYF Legend

Zack Littell currently has the 2nd highest K/9 (16.07) in all of AA.

Off to a strong start.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

That'a really interesting start for Littell. What's really intriguing is that, while he's been striking everyone out over these three starts, he's been an extreme flyball pitcher - like the stereotypical power pitcher, but without the velo.

I wonder if he has the ability to meld the groundball tendencies that made him successful up to this year, with the swing and miss ability he's shown briefly to start this season?

NYYF Legend

I know Chattanooga is the best hitting park and one of the best HR hitting parks in AA. Maybe doesn't want any contact.

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/tools...rs/c-209338440

K'd 25 in 14 IP.

Calmer than you are

Also, Blake Rutherford is ripping it up over his first 11 games

Blake Rutherford is off to a good start too (.404, .995 OPS), but still no power, just HRs in 443 ABs since the start of last year. He is still very young (21 in a few weeks) but clearly he will need to develop power to make it as a corner OF.

Taylor Widener has a higher K/9 than Littell (17.2, 21 Ks in 11 innings) and is also in AA, was he the one guy ahead of Littell on your list?

Edit: Crosspost with philleotardo, but I think with both Rutherford and Solak, it's important to keep an eye on their power numbers.

Jorge Mateo has been dreadful
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Jorge Mateo has been dreadful

ManBan with 4 perfect tonight and 9 Ks. 1.35 ERA in 20 innings with a 4:23 BB:K ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by jeter62375 View Post
    ManBan with 4 perfect tonight and 9 Ks. 1.35 ERA in 20 innings with a 4:23 BB:K ratio.
    Man, just seeing his name gives me a stomach ache. Prospecting hurts

Richmond Virginians

Do you think the lack of power from Rutherford will improve as he ages a bit more? Can he survive in a White sox 2020 lineup without that power or will he be replaced?

Kyle Glaser: Adding power to skinny high school kids with feel to hit is always a multi-year process, not sure why fans expect it to all the sudden be there after one or two seasons. No, Rutherford won't be in a starting lineup without more power, but 2020 lineup is way too optimistic regardless. He's 20 years old, he wasn't going to be the White Sox's starting left fielder as a 22 year old on Opening Day. Give him time, let him grow, change your perception of a timetable to 2021 or 2022, when he'd be 23, 24

Zack Littell rocking a 5.89 ERA in AA with a .297 BAA, so glad he is not clogging our 40 man.

Thread Information