+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 190 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 186 187 188 189 190 LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 4729

Re: Another team's prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    By "next", I guess you mean "first" because he still hasn't made it into an actual game since 2016.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2017/ALL
    Sad, that kid had so much talent and potential.

IS he supposed to be back soon?
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

He's always supposed to be back soon.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Sad, that kid had so much talent and potential.

IS he supposed to be back soon?
    He's started throwing off a mound again over the last two weeks.

Meanwhile Fowler was demoted after posting -0.5 WAR in about 1/3 a season in Oakland, and Mateo has the worst wRC+ in the PCL of any hitter with at least 400 PAs (65!).

At this point it looks like Cashman got the players to trade incredibly correct.

He also got the player to acquire wrong at the same level.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    He's started throwing off a mound again over the last two weeks.

Meanwhile Fowler was demoted after posting -0.5 WAR in about 1/3 a season in Oakland, and Mateo has the worst wRC+ in the PCL of any hitter with at least 400 PAs (65!).

At this point it looks like Cashman got the players to trade incredibly correct.

He also got the player to acquire wrong at the same level.
    A wRC+ of 65 is awful in a normal league. How's it possible to put up that low a number in a hitter's haven like the PCL?

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    A wRC+ of 65 is awful in a normal league. How's it possible to put up that low a number in a hitter's haven like the PCL?
    I saw him in a Sacramento/Salt Lake game a couple of weeks ago. No approach whatsoever. It was a relatively high scoring game, something like 8-6, and hes up in the 9th hacking against a pitcher struggling with control. I feel like he got into it with an ump at one point, too.

Zack Littell has walked 19 guys in his last 5 starts in AAA, in 25.2 innings combined.

NYYF Legend

Zack Littell has walked 19 guys in his last 5 starts in AAA, in 25.2 innings combined.
    Must be injured ?

Shellshocked from his 2 major league appearances, maybe.

He's probably a bust. He was arguably fully developed by the time he got traded, as his raw stuff was never that good. I think he got exposed by AAA/MLB talent. The hype he was getting on this site was pretty ridiculous.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    He's probably a bust. He was arguably fully developed by the time he got traded, as his raw stuff was never that good. I think he got exposed by AAA/MLB talent. The hype he was getting on this site was pretty ridiculous.
    I still wouldn't trade him for Garcia.

Littell is probably working on a new pitch , approach etc.

I would've thought by now that this place would've gotten wise to scouting the box score by now.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by doctor wily View Post
    littell is probably working on a new pitch , approach etc.

I would've thought by now that this place would've gotten wise to scouting the box score by now.
    amen!!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I still wouldn't trade him for Garcia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Wily View Post

Yep!!
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Yep!!
    Speaking of, Tate got obliterated in his first start as a member of the Orioles organization.

Is there anything to back up the belief of a new pitch/approach? Why would he even need to do that if he's as good as you think he is?

Also, what in the world is "scouting the box score"? I don't think I have heard of this concept before.

Also, what in the world is "scouting the box score"? I don't think I have heard of this concept before.
    It seems to be code for 'ignoring minor league results that don't fit with our narrative'.

Quote Originally Posted by CTyanks View Post
    Speaking of, Tate got obliterated in his first start as a member of the Orioles organization.
    He's been crushed in his first three starts for them in AA actually, a 7.27 ERA and BAA against of .343.

Is there anything to back up the belief of a new pitch/approach? Why would he even need to do that if he's as good as you think he is?

I'd rather not go back and forth with you on this since I JUST got off a two week ban in purgatory on this site for going back and forth with that Arodera guy..comme....ci....comme....a :P

Anyway all I'm saying is that we (Joe Casual fan) dont have access to the game plan/developmental/ etc etc that major league organizations do.

I just choose not to judge on pitching performances of a pitcher who's had success on multiple levels in the past during his career like Littell has had. Nor am I going to guess-terbate the current woes a former prospect that used to be in my favorite organizations farm system... it's like trying to figure out how a old flame got hotter after you dumped her for that temporary itch that needed to be scratched (Jamie Garcia).

It seems to be code for 'ignoring minor league results that don't fit with our narrative'.
    Nah.

If we took every minor league box score as gospel and perdicative of future results then Jaron Long would be our Ace and Phil Hughes would be into year 11 of his hall of fame career.

If we took every minor league box score as gospel and predictive of future results
    No one is doing that, there's a lot of room between that and ignoring them completely.

No one is doing that, there's a lot of room between that and ignoring them completely.
    Yep. For example, as far as pitching goes the Yankees don’t make minor league trackman data publicly available, nor exit velocity readings for batters.

NYYF Legend

WOW!! Shane Baz was the PTBNL in the Bucs, Rays deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    WOW!! Shane Baz was the PTBNL in the Bucs, Rays deal...
    Yeah, saw that. But hes only in short season A ball. Lots of room for bumps in the development road. All prospects are suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by CTyanks View Post
    Yeah, saw that. But hes only in short season A ball. Lots of room for bumps in the development road. All prospects are suspects.
    True, but PIT already seemingly gave up a lot. You would think the PTBNL would be more scrub-ish

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    True, but PIT already seemingly gave up a lot. You would think the PTBNL would be more scrub-ish
    True, always a crap shoot. As Phil said though, i didn't think they would give up so much projectable talent.

Thread Information