+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 187 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 4670

Re: Another team's prospects thread

Braves got a good one in Acuna. Only 19 and wearing out Scranton pitching.

Forrest Whitley killing it a year out of HS

His AA debut:

6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 11 K

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Forrest Whitley killing it a year out of HS

His AA debut:

6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 11 K
    He fell in the draft due to weight issues.

speaking of littell, he seems to be having a bit of a walks problem in his new dig

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    speaking of littell, he seems to be having a bit of a walks problem in his new dig
    Was checking out the park factors, his new stadium is the best run environment in the division and 2nd best in all of AA.

Dunno if that's playing a factor, but he's always been a very low/elite BB guy.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Rutherford has been terrible since the trade. I had high hopes for the guy. That trade probably looks like a win for the yankees.

Mateo has been decent.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Robles call up for Nats.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79 View Post
    Rutherford has been terrible since the trade. I had high hopes for the guy. That trade probably looks like a win for the yankees.

Mateo has been decent.
    Rutherford CSC: .281 / .342 / .391 / .733
    Rutherford CWS: .213 / .289 / .254 / .543

Polo TRN: .382 / .460 / .545 / 1.005
    Polo CWS: .278 / .342 / .389 / .731

Mateo TRN: .300 / .381 / .525 / .906
    Mateo OAK: .292 / .333 / .518 / .852

Mateo had one of his biggest games of the year (3-5, 2 HR) in Midland's last regular season game to bring his post-trade OPS within sight of his Trenton run - he was at .794 entering that game.

Littell TRN: 44.0 IP, 37 H, 8 BB, 52 K, 2.05 ERA
    Littell MIN: 47.1 IP, 36 H, 23 BB, 39 K, 2.85 ERA

Also, for the sake of completeness, Ian Clarkin threw 11 innings total over three appearances for the White Sox after he was traded. In those 11 innings he had 8 BB and 5 K.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Rutherford CSC: .281 / .342 / .391 / .733
    Rutherford CWS: .213 / .289 / .254 / .543

Polo TRN: .382 / .460 / .545 / 1.005
    Polo CWS: .278 / .342 / .389 / .731

Mateo TRN: .300 / .381 / .525 / .906
    Mateo OAK: .292 / .333 / .518 / .852

Mateo had one of his biggest games of the year (3-5, 2 HR) in Midland's last regular season game to bring his post-trade OPS within sight of his Trenton run - he was at .794 entering that game.

Also, for the sake of completeness, Ian Clarkin threw 11 innings total over three appearances for the White Sox after he was traded. In those 11 innings he had 8 BB and 5 K.
    Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

It needs to be mentioned that Mateo and Polo had insane starts for Trenton since their call-ups a few weeks before they were traded. It was unlikely that they were going to keep up that pace. In fact, Mateo had already started slumping just prior to being traded.

The biggest surprise to me is the Rutherford slugging percentage. His power has literally disappeared since the trade. I wonder what the story is behind that. His performance with the White Sox organization over the past 6 weeks or so has to lower his ranking in the various lists that will come out over the winter.

His power had disappeared long before the trade.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Trade is AIDs (Garcia: fWAR 0.1, bWAR -0.2).

I'm guessing in that insane hitters park Littell nibbling more, yet still throwing IP and not allowing runs. What an absolute prince. Dumbest trade ever.
    Calmer than you are

It's mind blowing to see the numbers Vlad Guerrero Jr put up this season. Across both full season leagues at A and A+, his BB/K were 1.18 and 1.29 respectively. As an 18-year-old. Crazy.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Trade is AIDs (Garcia: fWAR 0.1, bWAR -0.2).

I'm guessing in that insane hitters park Littell nibbling more, yet still throwing IP and not allowing runs. What an absolute prince. Dumbest trade ever.
    I'll disagree with you.

And I really liked Littell and never would have done the trade.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Again, the purpose of the Garcia trade was to give us leverage with Beane and eventually allow us to acquire Gray without giving up Florial. You can still hate the deal including those factors, but they were connected.

Also I don't get why Littell fans aren't complaining just as much about Enns, all he has done in the minors is get people out at every level, plus he is even lefty. Clearly Cashman didn't think either of them would end up as much of a factor in the bigs, we will see whether he was right or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Also I don't get why Littell fans aren't complaining just as much about Enns
    Because Enns is never healthy.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Because Enns is never healthy.
    An would never be protected on the 40 at seasons end.

NYYF Legend

Again, the purpose of the Garcia trade was to give us leverage with Beane and eventually allow us to acquire Gray without giving up Florial.
    Because...

1) You can gain leverage in other ways.
    2) The Twins bought Littell from us. You could have acquired Garcia without giving up Littell. However, the Yankees didn't want to eat his salary.
    Calmer than you are

Because...

1) You can gain leverage in other ways.
    2) The Twins bought Littell from us. You could have acquired Garcia without giving up Littell. However, the Yankees didn't want to eat his salary.
    1) It's cool that you have so much experience trading for experienced starting pitchers near the deadline, maybe you can write your memoirs for our benefit sometime.
    2) Maybe the case, but clearly Cashman doesn't believe in Littell. We will see in a few years whether he was right, let's see if you're still around here then.

NYYF Legend

I love people trying to defend this trade. Would rather the Yanks have ~3m than an intriguing pitching prospect. Amazing stuff.
    Calmer than you are

I love people trying to defend this trade. Would rather the Yanks have ~3m than an intriguing pitching prospect. Amazing stuff.
    I don't care about the 3M, I enjoyed following Littell but I'm very happy to have both Florial and Gray. You act like decisions are made in a vacuum, when in fact they're all connected to one degree or another, and who knows why they structured the MIN deal the way they did but it's unlikely to be as simplistic as you've been painting it.

Hey, are you still mocking the Justin Wilson for Green/Cessa deal every chance you get? That one didn't take too long to make you look silly, huh.

Also you need to factor in whoever Littell would have bumped off the 40 man, maybe someone like Stephen Tarpley (to pick a somewhat random name who is right around the border of being protected or not currently).

There are plenty of reasons to take issue with the decisions of Cashman and Girardi, but so many people on this site just default to that so quickly and so often ('THAT GUY ISN'T IN THE LINEUP, GIRARDI SHOULD BE DRAWN AND QUARTERED.' before finding out ten minutes later that he's actually not available), and you are one of the most prominent, always condescending and often wrong.

NYYF Legend

There are plenty of reasons to take issue with the decisions of Cashman and Girardi, but so many people on this site just default to that so quickly and so often ('THAT GUY ISN'T IN THE LINEUP, GIRARDI SHOULD BE DRAWN AND QUARTERED.' before finding out ten minutes later that he's actually not available), and you are one of the most prominent, always condescending and often wrong.
    I just want to point out that you're calling him condescending in the middle of a conversation in which you've been completely condescending.

If you look at the post I was responding to and realize we've had this same discussion over and over and over, you will maybe understand the tone. If not, sorry, but it's not intended for you.

But yeah, I've never been a great fit on this site, I try to stick to mostly lurking but sometimes I slip. I will go back to mostly lurking.

Thread Information