+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 177 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 4403

Re: Another team's prospects thread

He's a Cubs prospect now. Those numbers look pretty damn good, anybody have any idea as to what led to him being put on waivers? Was it purely a roster boondoggle?

https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/cubs...tory/208008076

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    He's a Cubs prospect now. Those numbers look pretty damn good, anybody have any idea as to what led to him being put on waivers? Was it purely a roster boondoggle?

Good stuff no doubt but he is rail thin and it always seems when he get's back to himself with his controll, he gets into a grove another injury occurs. I believe he had TJS twice ? A bulldog on the mound and has a big heart to keep coming back but a hard guy to keep on the 40.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post

He's 28. He's not a prospect. Not making your MLB debut until age 28 is why they tried to sneak him past waivers.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    He's 28. He's not a prospect. Not making your MLB debut until age 28 is why they tried to sneak him past waivers.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post

OK, thanks. That makes sense.

NYYF Legend

Eppler loves him some ex-Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post

The new Gordon Blakely

NYYF Legend

I see the Nats signed Corbin Joseph. Pretty cool he is still trying to chase the dream!! as per mlbtr

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post

He was the Diamondbacks 3rd best prospect....

NYYF Legend

Eppler Just signed Flores and Arcia ...Two more Ex Yankees Farm Hands..As per BA

NYYF Legend

Michael Kopech is one of the best pitching prospects in the game, a starter who has hit 101 mph regularly and sits in the upper 90s with feel for both the breaking ball and changeup. Heís an outstanding athlete with a good delivery that, in time, should allow him to develop average or better command, and heís a competitive kid who isnít afraid to attack hitters inside with his fastball. He missed some time in 2015 after a PED suspension, and then missed the start of 2016 after breaking his hand in an altercation with a teammate where, according to folks Iíve asked who know the full story, he was doing the right thing with the wrong result. When I saw him in October, I thought he was a potential ace who could have three plus pitches, and thatís before he went to the White Sox, who have a pretty good track record in getting the most out of athletic starters.
    http://www.espn.com/blog/keith-law/p...ris-sale-trade

I love how Law completely fails to mention how very poor Kopech's control is. I mean literally doesn't mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    http://www.espn.com/blog/keith-law/p...ris-sale-trade

I love how Law completely fails to mention how very poor Kopech's control is. I mean literally doesn't mention it.
    According to this link below, Kopech seems likely going to be a Bullpen Arm. IMO, that would severly degrade ChiSox's return value.

No offense but I like what the Yankees got in both the Chapman and Miller trades better. Always thought a top SP would get much more than a top RP.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/an...in-sale-trade/

He also thinks that Moncada will be playing 3B when the White Sox said before his article went up that they see him as a 2B. It's not surprising he never got another front office job.

NYYF Legend

I'd bet everything I own that if Kopech was a Yankee he'd say he was a future reliever and non-stop be talking about his lack of control. What a hack.

NYYF Legend

Sorry to see Barbosa signed with the Brewers . The big hard throwing lefty may have had some usefulness on the Rail Rider shuttle.

NYYF Legend

I thought he threw harder:

[quote]The main reason for our journey up to Port Charlotte was to see the Spring Training game debut of 2016 first-round pick Jason Groome pitch in the Low A game, and he didn’t disappoint. Groome threw 2 2/3 shutout innings, allowing only one baserunner on a walk and striking out two. Groome’s delivery is remarkably easy, and he has an ideal pitcher’s frame. Groome’s fastball sat 90-92 mph for the first inning before dropping a tick to 88-90 as he got deeper into outing.

http://news.soxprospects.com/2017/03...debuts-on.html

Still early in ST I suppose.

I thought he threw harder:

http://news.soxprospects.com/2017/03...debuts-on.html

Still early in ST I suppose.
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    Saw him in his first outing after 2 week suspension and the temperatures dipped into the 30s during the morning game. He was 91-93 almost all game and touched 94. When he was in form, he sat 92-94. Not saying his arm is hurt but he should be throwing harder at this point. Could just be ramping it up like some pitchers tend to do.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Saw him in his first outing after 2 week suspension and the temperatures dipped into the 30s during the morning game. He was 91-93 almost all game and touched 94. When he was in form, he sat 92-94. Not saying his arm is hurt but he should be throwing harder at this point. Could just be ramping it up like some pitchers tend to do.
    I remember you saw him pitch in a HS game, i believe and were very high on him. Could be early season soreness.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I remember you saw him pitch in a HS game, i believe and were very high on him. Could be early season soreness.
    Definitely.

Addicted Member

Rough @GreenvilleDrive debut for @RedSox No. 3 prospect Jay Groome. Left with trainer after 1.1 IP, 9 ER, 7 H, 3 BBÖ twitter.com/i/web/status/8Ö
    facebook.com/ItMightHaveBeen?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by MylesThomas1927 View Post
    Rough @GreenvilleDrive debut for @RedSox No. 3 prospect Jay Groome. Left with trainer after 1.1 IP, 9 ER, 7 H, 3 BB… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
    Yikes, maybe that low velo in spring was an arm injury. If so, I feel for the kid, even though he's the enemy now.

NYYF Legend

And then, Groome's 53rd pitch of the night bounced some 10 feet in front of home plate, and shortly thereafter he left the mound with the team trainer by his side.
    http://www.app.com/story/sports/base...red/100310004/

Ru Ro.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Yikes, maybe that low velo in spring was an arm injury. If so, I feel for the kid, even though he's the enemy now.

I really don't wish this on anyone, but I am starting to get the feeling he is heading towards TJ surgery.

NYYF Legend

How's that Adam Eaton for Giolito and Lopez trade looking?
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Thread Information