+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 308 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 7692
  1. #7551

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    pretty good Sunday match-up between deGrom and Sale (I know, Sale is only going to pitch a few innings)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  2. #7552

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    pretty good Sunday match-up between deGrom and Sale (I know, Sale is only going to pitch a few innings)
    With any luck, so won't DeGrom.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

  3. #7553
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Mets shut out Red Sox 8-0. Good pitching, Noah, beats good hitting.

  4. #7554
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Kevin Plawecki has 6 home runs, 27 RBI, 211 at-bats, and...
    More WAR than Bryce Harper!

  5. #7555
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Kevin Plawecki has 6 home runs, 27 RBI, 211 at-bats, and...
    More WAR than Bryce Harper!
    The entire Nationals organization is one giant fustercluck

  6. #7556
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    David Wright activated for his goodbye on Saturday, maybe a few PH appearances before then.

  7. #7557

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    I thought Bob Melvin, former Brewers GM, would be good for the Mets GM job. But it was announced he is no longer under consideration.

    Its down to two guys with little experience.

    This org will never learn.

  8. #7558
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Brodie Van Wagenen will be introduced tomorrow as the new GM of the Mets at Citi Field. My better half said "oh he's handsome". She knows nothing about baseball but does have an opinion on the handsome and ugly MLB players.

  9. #7559

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    deGrom is the 2018 NL Cy Young Award winner! There was never any doubt. Can't believe deGrom didn't receive all 30 first place votes.

  10. #7560
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Vin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Brodie Van Wagenen will be introduced tomorrow as the new GM of the Mets at Citi Field. My better half said "oh he's handsome". She knows nothing about baseball but does have an opinion on the handsome and ugly MLB players.
    It’s been scientifically proven by scientists from elite universities that “handsomeness” is correlated with 100 percent success in all areas of life.

  11. #7561
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    It’s been scientifically proven by scientists from elite universities that “handsomeness” is correlated with 100 percent success in all areas of life.
    I thought it was height. The taller you are the more successful you are.

  12. #7562

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Props to Brodie and the Mets on that Ramos deal. Only 2 years and less than 20M guaranteed with a 3rd year team option. STEAL.

    And Brodie can still get his guy JT in 2 years if he wants.

    If you told me Lance Lynn would make more than Wilson Ramos I would've laughed in your face.

  13. #7563
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Props to Brodie and the Mets on that Ramos deal. Only 2 years and less than 20M guaranteed with a 3rd year team option. STEAL.

    And Brodie can still get his guy JT in 2 years if he wants.

    If you told me Lance Lynn would make more than Wilson Ramos I would've laughed in your face.
    Indeed. Ramos had the highest OPS among catchers in 2018. A good signing.

  14. #7564
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Indeed. Ramos had the highest OPS among catchers in 2018. A good signing.
    Makes much more sense than what Miami would ask for Realmuto.
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

  15. #7565

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Lenny Dykstra has been up to a lot in his post-baseball life, as has been discussed on these boards before. The latest? Torah scholar.

    Throughout the class, he scribbled notes — musings on the size of Joseph’s manhood as well as how he wasn’t hindered by defeat. Dykstra also wrote down a quote from the book “MoneyBall,” in which fellow former Met Billy Beane said that Dykstra “had no concept of failure.”

    But after one of the study’s six attendees finished a soliloquy on Joseph’s isolation, Dykstra looked up from his paper. “You lost me, lady.”
    https://nypost.com/2018/12/16/lenny-...torah-scholar/

  16. #7566
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Did Nimmo not cook the chicken right or was it salmonella? If your chicken has salmonella no matter how well you cook it, you're going to get infected no matter what through incidental contact with something in the kitchen, it's almost impossible to keep everything properly apart and sterilized

  17. #7567

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Sad news about Tom Seaver - diagnosed with dementia. Best wishes to him.

    https://nypost.com/2019/03/07/mets-l...-has-dementia/

  18. #7568
    NYYF Legend

    Sixty one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Raritan, New Jersey

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Sad news about Tom Seaver - diagnosed with dementia. Best wishes to him.

    https://nypost.com/2019/03/07/mets-l...-has-dementia/
    Shocking! Not only was he a great HOF pitcher , but I also enjoyed his broadcasting with the Yankees when his partner was the Scooter.

  19. #7569

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    Shocking! Not only was he a great HOF pitcher , but I also enjoyed his broadcasting with the Yankees when his partner was the Scooter.
    Yeah I liked him in the booth too.

  20. #7570
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    I forgot that Tom was a Yankee broadcaster. A little bit dry, but not bad.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

  21. #7571
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Sad news about Tom Seaver - diagnosed with dementia. Best wishes to him.

    https://nypost.com/2019/03/07/mets-l...-has-dementia/
    Really sad news. When talk about what a great RHP should look like, Tom Seaver is always the first one I think of.

  22. #7572

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    He can't even make it to the 50th anniversary of the 1969 team. What a bummer. They must have one hell of a tribute for him that day.

  23. #7573
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    As the offseason ends deGrom signs 5 yr extension. An example of an “older” player getting paid. Good for him.

  24. #7574

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    As the offseason ends deGrom signs 5 yr extension. An example of an “older” player getting paid. Good for him.
    Michael Kay predicted this yesterday on his show.
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

  25. #7575
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Michael Kay predicted this yesterday on his show.
    That Michael Kay. He’s a genius.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts