+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 311 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 306 307 308 309 310 311 LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 7752

Re: The New York Mets Thread

Not even Robbie 160-games-per-year Cano is immune to the Mets injury woes.
    Supports: smart spending, roster flexibility and depth. Does not support: reckless spending and extreme prospect hugging.

NYYF Legend

19-6 since the ASB, within 1 game of WC2. Granted they've been feasting on some cupcakes but they're still on a hell of a run.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    19-6 since the ASB, within 1 game of WC2. Granted they've been feasting on some cupcakes but they're still on a hell of a run.
    It doesn't get much credit, but the Yankees are 17-8 since the ASB but unlike the Mets, the Yankees have played some good teams (15 against MIN, TB, BOS) during the stretch.

NYYF Legend

This week I'm in Atlanta (which is living down to its Hotlanta nickname in a big way), so I decided to check out Braves-Mets tonight at SunTrust. One thing you really don't get a sense of on TV is just how awful J.D. Davis is in left. It's not that he pratfalls like Clint Frazier, it's just that he never gets to anything. I mean, the ball is in the air, way up in the air, and you figure he's got to be under it by now, but .... no. A DH in the making fer sure.

This week I'm in Atlanta (which is living down to its Hotlanta nickname in a big way), so I decided to check out Braves-Mets tonight at SunTrust. One thing you really don't get a sense of on TV is just how awful J.D. Davis is in left. It's not that he pratfalls like Clint Frazier, it's just that he never gets to anything. I mean, the ball is in the air, way up in the air, and you figure he's got to be under it by now, but .... no. A DH in the making fer sure.
    Mets look pretty good to me-wish we had their starters.
    Matz ,their worst looks like our best

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    wow what the hell are the Mets doing

Van Wagonen is a total dumpster fire
    18-5 since this. Even dumpster fire GMís get ďhotĒ.

NYYF Legend

With the Mets' playoff hopes teetering, trade deadline heartthrob Noah Syndergaard just gave up a fat 6 first-inning runs to the Cubs.

NYYF Legend

With the Mets' playoff hopes teetering, trade deadline heartthrob Noah Syndergaard just gave up a fat 6 first-inning runs to the Cubs.
    Well.

They did have that little hot streak.
    There's a sinister plot a brewin'

Think that 3 run homer last night will be the dagger in the Mets 2019 season..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Think that 3 run homer last night will be the dagger in the Mets 2019 season..
    Victor Caratini, filling in for Anthony Rizzo at 1B. Sounds like something you'd order at an Italian restaurant. "I'll have the Veal Caratini."

Funny how quickly baseball changes, just days ago it looked like NL was going to have a rip-roaring wild card race with numerous teams. Now, with the Cardinals, Nationals and Cubs all heating up (Cubs already up 2-0 today), it may not.

Just watched the Mets pen give up 7 in the 9th and lose 11-10.
    Let the kids play.

Left-Handed Catcher

These dudes just blew a six-run lead in the 9th inning vs. Washington, capped off with a Kurt Suzuki walk-off HR.

The Mets bullpen managed to outsuck the Nationals bullpen. That takes effort.

I will admit, I took some interest in the Mets over the last couple of weeks. Things were looking reasonably decent for them going into Sunday's game, with a chance to sweep Philly and get a little closer to that second wild card.

But good God, their bullpen is disgusting.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    But good God, their bullpen is disgusting.
    The funny thing is, they went on a tear of really good pitching during that post-ASB surge the Mets had.

But then, like the rest of the team, they started facing good opponents again.

Imagine being DeGrom...its like knowing the secret of life. But having to spend your days locked in a room, with people who think the sun, revolves around the earth.

Jeez.

NYYF Triple Crown

The Mets need to fire everyone and it starts with ownership. Sell it and trade everyone on that team. The Wilpons are such a joke who enjoys torturing their fans. They take such a sadistic pleasure in seeing their fans suffer while they continue to make all the money. Look at Jeff Wilpons face, man itís hard to take that face seriously. He looks like a walking head gash.

Mets fans were losing their minds on Boomer and Gio this morning, very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Mets fans were losing their minds on Boomer and Gio this morning, very entertaining.
    I'm looking forward to Francesa.

The Mets pen is at it again, I'll be amazed if the hold this 7-4 lead.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The Mets need to fire everyone and it starts with ownership. Sell it and trade everyone on that team. The Wilpons are such a joke who enjoys torturing their fans. They take such a sadistic pleasure in seeing their fans suffer while they continue to make all the money. Look at Jeff Wilpons face, man itís hard to take that face seriously. He looks like a walking head gash.

NYYF Legend

Colorado scored 6 in the bottom of the fourth against Matz to go up 7-4. Colorado pitcher Antonio Senzatela hit a two-run single, and he was 0-for-37 before that! Trevor Story followed with a three-run home run. Nimmo hit a leadoff home run, and McNeil homered in the third.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Colorado scored 6 in the bottom of the fourth against Matz to go up 7-4. Colorado pitcher Antonio Senzatela hit a two-run single, and he was 0-for-37 before that! Trevor Story followed with a three-run home run. Nimmo hit a leadoff home run, and McNeil homered in the third.

May have been nail in coffin... although I think the Dodgers win on Sunday could also have been that..
    Was a heck of an effort from them, thought they were dead months back, and to be relevant to this late is pretty cool for them..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

The Mets scored 4 in the top of the ninth to go up 7-4 at Colorado. Seth Lugo pitched the eighth, batted, and pitched the bottom of the ninth to get a win to improve to 7-4. The Mets had 2 in the inning with the bases loaded and no out, scored their third run of the inning when Cano grounded into a double play, and scored their last win when Lugo hit an RBI single. He used to be a starter, but this was his plate appearance of the season. It was his first RBI since 2017, fourth career RBI, and first career RBI single.

NYYF Triple Crown

50 HRís for Pete Alonso. Not bad for a second round pick that 29 other teams could have gotten.

Thread Information