+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 304 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 301 302 303 304
Results 7,576 to 7,591 of 7591

Re: The New York Mets Thread

Happy for deGrom. A very un-Mets like move.

It's great to see the Mets acting like a professional baseball franchise for once.
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

"TODAY: The deal includes $52.5MM in deferred money, all without interest, Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports (Twitter links). $12MM in 2020, $13.5MM in 2021, $15MM in 2022, and $12MM in 2023 will all be pushed to the future. There’ll also be a $15MM deferral on the 2024 option, if it’s picked up.

The deferred money will be pushed back 15 years, per Ron Blum of the AP, which sets up a series of payouts beginning in 2035. Amusingly, and surely not coincidentally, deGrom’s payments will seamlessly take over the slot long occupied by annual payouts to former player Bobby Bonilla, Mike Mayer of Metsmerized notes on Twitter.
    "

Just posted in the sawx thread that Sale's had the same 15 year deferral

I guess it's a trend- gotta bring the true value of the contract way down
    do ya lak dags ?

NYYF Triple Crown

Cano with a HR and rbi hit. And an amazing play in the field to cut down a run at the plate. A successful start for the Metsies.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Cano with a HR and rbi hit. And an amazing play in the field to cut down a run at the plate. A successful start for the Metsies.
    Cano is going to be re-energized this year playing back in NYC

NYYF Legend

Callaway is so bad, makes Boone look almost competent

NYYF Legend

What’s up with the Spanish language on MLB today? Some special day I missed or they just trying something out?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    What’s up with the Spanish language on MLB today? Some special day I missed or they just trying something out?

¿Golpeaste el botón de SAP en el control remoto de tu televisor?
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Wishing Ron Darling all the best.

NYYF Cy Young

Robbie Cano batting .182.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Messerwhitescooter View Post
    Robbie Cano batting .182.
    Just wait until we play the Mets.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Just wait until we play the Mets.
    Dontcha know
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

I know the two NY clubs rarely if ever engage in a deal that potentially could help either one or both, but would the Mets consider dealing Dominick Smith now that Pete Alonso has played so well in the opening days of the 2019 season, and if so, what could the Yankees expect the Mets to ask for back if the Mets were amendable to dealing Smith? I'd love to see this Smith kid playing for the hometown NY team that plays its games in the south bronx. Very solid glove, and I really believe he blossoms into a real productive hitter if given a shot playing every day. He's blocked by Alonso in flushing. You acquire Dom, you immediately insert his cost controlled left-handed hitting bat & glove into your (almost) everyday lineup, and you very well might catch lightning in a bottle. I think there's huge upside w/Dom and the Yankees really could use a healthy, cost controlled first baseman, preferably a left-hand hitting & fielding one. If the Mets get two quality upside arms for him, I think the two clubs potentially match up real well for this. Maybe include a third team if necessary so mets can acquire more mature arms then the Yankees can offer & the Yankees deal their two kid pitchers to that third team to make it work. This makes so much sense no question it probably never happens. It should though.

NYYF Legend

"Mickey's Tailspin" is going to become an annual thing

Quote Originally Posted by theM&Mboys View Post
    I know the two NY clubs rarely if ever engage in a deal that potentially could help either one or both, but would the Mets consider dealing Dominick Smith now that Pete Alonso has played so well in the opening days of the 2019 season, and if so, what could the Yankees expect the Mets to ask for back if the Mets were amendable to dealing Smith? I'd love to see this Smith kid playing for the hometown NY team that plays its games in the south bronx. Very solid glove, and I really believe he blossoms into a real productive hitter if given a shot playing every day. He's blocked by Alonso in flushing. You acquire Dom, you immediately insert his cost controlled left-handed hitting bat & glove into your (almost) everyday lineup, and you very well might catch lightning in a bottle. I think there's huge upside w/Dom and the Yankees really could use a healthy, cost controlled first baseman, preferably a left-hand hitting & fielding one. If the Mets get two quality upside arms for him, I think the two clubs potentially match up real well for this. Maybe include a third team if necessary so mets can acquire more mature arms then the Yankees can offer & the Yankees deal their two kid pitchers to that third team to make it work. This makes so much sense no question it probably never happens. It should though.

It's not a bad idea but as you aid, highly unlikely. The Mets will be terrified of Smith going to the Yankees and fulfilling his past top billing prospect status and raking in a ballpark that comes from a left handed bat's wet dream.. So they will ask for a return like Smith is some kind of 25 year old Joey Votto in the making..

The Yankees will look at him as a nice piece, something useful to replace Greg Bird who now seems to be doomed. But they won't look at Smith as anything too special and they already have Voit, so they may even view Smith as part timer. They'll offer value in that regard which won't come near to what the Mets ask for..

So aside from the two teams fearing each other making good on a deal like this, it is not likely they will be able to find a value match..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Jacob deGrom headed for MRI. Elbow was "barking" after playing catch today.

https://twitter.com/timbhealey/statu...45615778058241

Thread Information