+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 306 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 301 302 303 304 305 306 LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 7635
  1. #7576

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Happy for deGrom. A very un-Mets like move.

  2. #7577
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    It's great to see the Mets acting like a professional baseball franchise for once.

    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  3. #7578

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    "TODAY: The deal includes $52.5MM in deferred money, all without interest, Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports (Twitter links). $12MM in 2020, $13.5MM in 2021, $15MM in 2022, and $12MM in 2023 will all be pushed to the future. There’ll also be a $15MM deferral on the 2024 option, if it’s picked up.

    The deferred money will be pushed back 15 years, per Ron Blum of the AP, which sets up a series of payouts beginning in 2035. Amusingly, and surely not coincidentally, deGrom’s payments will seamlessly take over the slot long occupied by annual payouts to former player Bobby Bonilla, Mike Mayer of Metsmerized notes on Twitter.
    "


    Just posted in the sawx thread that Sale's had the same 15 year deferral

    I guess it's a trend- gotta bring the true value of the contract way down
    I like big mutt,s and I can not lie....

  4. #7579
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Cano with a HR and rbi hit. And an amazing play in the field to cut down a run at the plate. A successful start for the Metsies.

  5. #7580
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Cano with a HR and rbi hit. And an amazing play in the field to cut down a run at the plate. A successful start for the Metsies.
    Cano is going to be re-energized this year playing back in NYC

  6. #7581
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Callaway is so bad, makes Boone look almost competent

  7. #7582
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    What’s up with the Spanish language on MLB today? Some special day I missed or they just trying something out?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  8. #7583
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    What’s up with the Spanish language on MLB today? Some special day I missed or they just trying something out?

    ¿Golpeaste el botón de SAP en el control remoto de tu televisor?
    No Yankees to the All Star Game, please. Let them all get 4 days of rest so they can play more real games.

  9. #7584

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Wishing Ron Darling all the best.

  10. #7585
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Robbie Cano batting .182.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

  11. #7586
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Messerwhitescooter View Post
    Robbie Cano batting .182.
    Just wait until we play the Mets.

  12. #7587
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Just wait until we play the Mets.
    Dontcha know
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

  13. #7588

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    I know the two NY clubs rarely if ever engage in a deal that potentially could help either one or both, but would the Mets consider dealing Dominick Smith now that Pete Alonso has played so well in the opening days of the 2019 season, and if so, what could the Yankees expect the Mets to ask for back if the Mets were amendable to dealing Smith? I'd love to see this Smith kid playing for the hometown NY team that plays its games in the south bronx. Very solid glove, and I really believe he blossoms into a real productive hitter if given a shot playing every day. He's blocked by Alonso in flushing. You acquire Dom, you immediately insert his cost controlled left-handed hitting bat & glove into your (almost) everyday lineup, and you very well might catch lightning in a bottle. I think there's huge upside w/Dom and the Yankees really could use a healthy, cost controlled first baseman, preferably a left-hand hitting & fielding one. If the Mets get two quality upside arms for him, I think the two clubs potentially match up real well for this. Maybe include a third team if necessary so mets can acquire more mature arms then the Yankees can offer & the Yankees deal their two kid pitchers to that third team to make it work. This makes so much sense no question it probably never happens. It should though.

  14. #7589
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    "Mickey's Tailspin" is going to become an annual thing

  15. #7590
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by theM&Mboys View Post
    I know the two NY clubs rarely if ever engage in a deal that potentially could help either one or both, but would the Mets consider dealing Dominick Smith now that Pete Alonso has played so well in the opening days of the 2019 season, and if so, what could the Yankees expect the Mets to ask for back if the Mets were amendable to dealing Smith? I'd love to see this Smith kid playing for the hometown NY team that plays its games in the south bronx. Very solid glove, and I really believe he blossoms into a real productive hitter if given a shot playing every day. He's blocked by Alonso in flushing. You acquire Dom, you immediately insert his cost controlled left-handed hitting bat & glove into your (almost) everyday lineup, and you very well might catch lightning in a bottle. I think there's huge upside w/Dom and the Yankees really could use a healthy, cost controlled first baseman, preferably a left-hand hitting & fielding one. If the Mets get two quality upside arms for him, I think the two clubs potentially match up real well for this. Maybe include a third team if necessary so mets can acquire more mature arms then the Yankees can offer & the Yankees deal their two kid pitchers to that third team to make it work. This makes so much sense no question it probably never happens. It should though.



    It's not a bad idea but as you aid, highly unlikely. The Mets will be terrified of Smith going to the Yankees and fulfilling his past top billing prospect status and raking in a ballpark that comes from a left handed bat's wet dream.. So they will ask for a return like Smith is some kind of 25 year old Joey Votto in the making..


    The Yankees will look at him as a nice piece, something useful to replace Greg Bird who now seems to be doomed. But they won't look at Smith as anything too special and they already have Voit, so they may even view Smith as part timer. They'll offer value in that regard which won't come near to what the Mets ask for..


    So aside from the two teams fearing each other making good on a deal like this, it is not likely they will be able to find a value match..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  16. #7591
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Jacob deGrom headed for MRI. Elbow was "barking" after playing catch today.

    https://twitter.com/timbhealey/statu...45615778058241

  17. #7592
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Wheeler hit a 2 run double, scored on an error, and hit his first career home run. He became the first pitcher to pitch at least 7 scoreless innings in a game his team did not allow a run in and have at least 2 extra base hits, at least 1 home run, at least 2 runs, and at least 3 RBI since Boston's Sonny Siebert on September 2, 1971. He became the seventh pitcher from 1908 to the present to do that.

  18. #7593

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    The Mets have DFA'd d'Arnaud. A lot of promise with some good results but through injuries has never lived up to that potential. Kind of like their Greg Bird.

    They should have chosen Mesoraco over him.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  19. #7594
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    The Mets have DFA'd d'Arnaud. A lot of promise with some good results but through injuries has never lived up to that potential. Kind of like their Greg Bird.

    They should have chosen Mesoraco over him.
    Yeah, if memory serves he was initially thought of as the centerpiece in the R.A. Dickey trade, not Syndergaard (another guy having trouble reaching his ceiling but not as much).

    Last night Travis made a throw on a SB attempt that almost landed at LaGuardia. I don't imagine that bolstered his case.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

  20. #7595

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Yeah, if memory serves he was initially thought of as the centerpiece in the R.A. Dickey trade, not Syndergaard (another guy having trouble reaching his ceiling but not as much).

    Last night Travis made a throw on a SB attempt that almost landed at LaGuardia. I don't imagine that bolstered his case.
    He bounced another throw to 2B last night. His arm looks shot after his Tommy John surgery. Not that it was ever a strength to begin.

    They should have released him during Spring training and saved themselves some money.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  21. #7596
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Tomas Nido was promoted. He has 17 career hits with a .438 OPS. SNY says that Brodie Van Wagenen told Devin Mesoraco that he can report to AAA at any time. Mesoraco is on the restricted list for refusing to play. SNY said that he caught 21 of deGrom's 32 starts last year and speculated that deGrom could pitch better to Mesoraco.

  22. #7597
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    https://www.mlb.com/news/noah-synder...h-career-homer says:

    "According the the Elias Sports Bureau, Syndergaard became the first pitcher to homer and throw a shutout in a 1-0 win since Bob Welch for the Dodgers on June 17, 1983, which also came against the Reds."

    The game took 2:10. Syndergaard hit it 407 feet, and had the hardest home run by a pitcher this year. I'm guessing it's the first time a pitcher pitched a shutout, hit a home run to win 1-0, and the opposing manager made contact with an umpire. The TV announcers didn't mention contact, but after Jesse Winker was ejected for arguing balls and strikes, Manager David Bell came out and put his hands on the umpire. It was a strikeout for the first out of the top of the ninth. The announcers said Winker was made about a call his previous time also. The called strike in the ninth was in the top outside corner of the rectangle, so based on that, it was a strike. Even if it missed by a tiny bit, players who play in most games can have dozens of called strikes per year that were worse than that pitch.

  23. #7598
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    https://www.mlb.com/news/noah-synder...h-career-homer says:

    "According the the Elias Sports Bureau, Syndergaard became the first pitcher to homer and throw a shutout in a 1-0 win since Bob Welch for the Dodgers on June 17, 1983, which also came against the Reds."

    The game took 2:10. Syndergaard hit it 407 feet, and had the hardest home run by a pitcher this year. I'm guessing it's the first time a pitcher pitched a shutout, hit a home run to win 1-0, and the opposing manager made contact with an umpire. The TV announcers didn't mention contact, but after Jesse Winker was ejected for arguing balls and strikes, Manager David Bell came out and put his hands on the umpire. It was a strikeout for the first out of the top of the ninth. The announcers said Winker was made about a call his previous time also. The called strike in the ninth was in the top outside corner of the rectangle, so based on that, it was a strike. Even if it missed by a tiny bit, players who play in most games can have dozens of called strikes per year that were worse than that pitch.
    It wasn’t a strikeout. It was strike TWO. He went crazy in the middle of his at bat. The pinch hitter completed the strikeout. I went to the game with my neighbor who has season tickets. About as perfect as a game you could go to considering no offense.

  24. #7599
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Ron Darling has thyroid cancer, but prognosis is hopeful:


    https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseb...cer-1.30741552


    Ron Darling announced on Monday that he has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer, but he shared an optimistic prognosis and said he could return to work as a Mets analyst for SNY “in the next month or so.”

    The news came three weeks after Darling, who pitched for the Mets’ 1986 World Series-winning team, revealed that he had not been feeling well and tests revealed “a large mass” in his chest that required surgery.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

  25. #7600
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The New York Mets Thread

    Oh jeez that’s awful news.

    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

  1. Donnybaseball72
  2. Yankfan55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts