+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27

Re: Pearl Jam Thread

I believe one of the Spectrum-closing shows in Philly was 41(?) songs.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Being able to play that long in multiple shows considering the music they play is what I respect the most. I'm sure it's gotta be hard on Eddie, must be taking a huge toll on his voice. He is a great singer and sings a lot so it can't be easy. One thing I've always wished for at shows was to see a very long set much like what PJ did in this tour. I know it sounds greedy but to see a show with 34 songs is incredible. What I wouldn't give to see Tool do something like that.
    If Tool did that it'd be a 13 hour show.

True. I'll take the 3 hour set though. The problem with jamming and having long songs is you get less full songs live. And I don't like medleys.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

In case you only have the mp3s of their albums, now you can see all the liner notes.

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/p/blog-...=1390513462933

If the Reddit banter is to be trusted (and a since-deleted screen shot says it can be), PJ is headlining Bonnaroo.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    If the Reddit banter is to be trusted (and a since-deleted screen shot says it can be), PJ is headlining Bonnaroo.
    I heard it mentioned on a local radio station (Charleston, SC) last week too.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I think I heard that from multiple sources. Still have no desire to go to Bonnaroo but this also means they're hopefully doing a full US tour.

pearljam.com/tour

2 nights at MSG
    2 nights at Fenway (I hate this trend of playing concerts at baseball stadiums. They're not designed for concerts either visually or acoustically.)
    0 nights in Hartford (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    pearljam.com/tour

2 nights at MSG
    2 nights at Fenway (I hate this trend of playing concerts at baseball stadiums. They're not designed for concerts either visually or acoustically.)
    0 nights in Hartford (so far)
    Not coming to DC. That's a bummer.

Jazzfest is as close as they get to me.

First night of the tour is 2 mins from my house
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    First night of the tour is 2 mins from my house
    Can we crash at your house after?

Got 2 tickets to Sunday 8/5 at Fenway. Section G12 which I have no idea if that's good or not. Field seats were sold out by the time I got through. Stupid Fenway concerts.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Got 2 tickets to Sunday 8/5 at Fenway. Section G12 which I have no idea if that's good or not. Field seats were sold out by the time I got through. Stupid Fenway concerts.
    Brutally hard to get tix for this tour. I know the Fenway/Wrigley venue is something that people want to see, but I figured with so many tickets available for two nights, it wouldn't be as hard to get tix.

Was able to get fanclub tix for Sunday's show and roof box for Friday night. I think Fenway is the type of place, where if you're not up in the front two sections, you're pretty far away. Just being in the building will be fun though.

Also got fanclub for the 2nd MSG show. Pretty excited about that. Going to keep my eyes open for night 1, but really don't want to pay ridiculous scalper prices.

So my long strange trip for this year's tour has come to an unsatisfying end.

First I got tickets for Sunday 8/7 at Fenway when they originally went on sale, then I realized that I'm flying to DC for a conference that Sunday morning. Argh. I post on several sites to sell and/or trade and got no hits for a few months. I finally ended up selling them to someone through facebook. Miraculously the same week an old college friend tells me she has 2 extra for the Friday show. Perfect! I get my mom to commit to sleeping over and watching our kids and wifey and I are all set. It's nice when things work out like that.

Then yesterday my mom goes and books a flight to Chicago to visit her friend...on Thursday the 4th. So it's clear me and Eddie weren't meant to hang out this year.

This game sucks so I need to talk about something else.

Going to Ohana in 2 weeks!

That is all

That's awesome. I missed them at Fenway this year. Any word on when the album is coming out? They released Can't Deny Me months ago.

Thread Information