+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
    Guinness for Strength! Boogiedown Bomber's Avatar

Pearl Jam Thread

For those of you who dig the Pearl Jam, check out this detailed cover story from Rolling Stone magazine. It was a VERY GOOD read. Enjoy!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...g_of_pearl_jam

NYYF HOF

Re: Pearl Jam Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown Bomber
    For those of you who dig the Pearl Jam, check out this detailed cover story from Rolling Stone magazine. It was a VERY GOOD read. Enjoy!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...g_of_pearl_jam
    Who?!!!!!

NYYF Legend

Good article, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashwan
    Who?!!!!!
    you silly old fart!

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

The cover is gonna be awesome. I really wish I saw them when they came around.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    The cover is gonna be awesome. I really wish I saw them when they came around.
    I really wish they were coming here.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

OK who else has seen the video for "Life Wasted"? So bizzare.

NYYF MVP

OK who else has seen the video for "Life Wasted"? So bizzare.
    I haven't seen it yet but I have the song saved in my Ipod and it totally kicks ass

NYYF HOF

That Rolling Stone article was great. Ed finally giving a little bit of insight to the band. Very interesting that he says it's very hard for him to listen to Ten. He didn't really say if it was the production, or the album itself, but I just found it interesting.

everyone make sure and set their Tivo's for July 10th, 10pm....VH1

Pearl Jam Storytellers

setlist
    Better Man, Unemployable, World Wide Suicide, Gone, Sleight of Hand, Army Reserve, Insignificance, Alive, Here's to the State of Mississippi, Life Wasted

They didn't do the normal Storytellers routine.......Ed actually read from a piece of paper when he was talking about songs. And apparently, they really only told "stories" about Alive.

As you can tell from the setlist, he turned it more into a political forum then anything else (which rumor has it, Stone was not happy about)

Interested to see how VH1 edits this. I'm dying to see Sleight of Hand and Army Reserve.

NYYF Legend

I think they should also make Pearl Jam Yarn.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Pearl Jam on "VH1: Storytellers" should be very good. Interesting setlist I must say!

Pearl Jam on "VH1: Storytellers" should be very good. Interesting setlist I must say!
    I saw half of this the other night. Pretty good stuff. Does anyone know when it'll be on again?

Where my Pitches at? Arod for President's Avatar

wow what a great article. Imagine getting the chance to do a 5 day interview with Pearl Jam! Eddie still amazes me! Thank you God for keeping this band together.

I saw half of this the other night. Pretty good stuff. Does anyone know when it'll be on again?
    I'd check VH1.com for additional showings.

Rhody, did you ever get into Mad Season back in the 90s?? I ask b/c I just downloaded "Live at Moore Theatre" and memories rushed back to me as I watched it.

Pearl Jam has covered The Who's "Love Reign O'er Me" for the new Adam Sandler/Don Cheadle movie "Reign Over Me." Intense cover, and intense movie from what it looks like.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/r...rme/index.html

I think Pearl Jam should try to get back with Neil Young......

In case you missed this, Pearl Jam just released a new DVD titled "Immagine in Cornice." Filmed over their stretch of shows in Italy, the disc shows both new songs and classics. It also has an awesome cover of "A Quick One While He's Away" with Ed and My Morning Jacket. In all honesty, it rivals the Who's version on "The Rolling Stones' Rock and Roll Circus." It is probably the best DVD Pearl Jam has ever produced. I highly recommend it, even to those who haven't listened to Pearl Jam in years. It will help you catch up on the songs you have missed.

NYYF HOF

In case you missed this, Pearl Jam just released a new DVD titled "Immagine in Cornice." Filmed over their stretch of shows in Italy, the disc shows both new songs and classics. It also has an awesome cover of "A Quick One While He's Away" with Ed and My Morning Jacket. In all honesty, it rivals the Who's version on "The Rolling Stones' Rock and Roll Circus." It is probably the best DVD Pearl Jam has ever produced. I highly recommend it, even to those who haven't listened to Pearl Jam in years. It will help you catch up on the songs you have missed.
    Absolutely, 100% agreed.

I pre-ordered it from the 10c, and got it on Friday. It's the best DVD they've put out. Shows some great behind the scenes footage. Plus, having the beautiful Italian cities as a backdrop doesn't hurt.

I especially enjoyed the backstage footage of them picking out their encore songs, as well as the little bit of footage they have with Ed and his daughter (which I was very surprised to see).

And, Ed doing Immortality during soundcheck, to a completely empty stadium was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan

I especially enjoyed the backstage footage of them picking out their encore songs, as well as the little bit of footage they have with Ed and his daughter (which I was very surprised to see).
    My wife, who's a huge PJ fan as well, and I were talking about it today, and she was surprised also to see his daughter in the DVD. She's a cute girl. Ed must be comfortable in his life to allow his daughter to be filmed for this. Maybe he knew that only the devoted fans of Pearl Jam would understand where he is in his life now.

I also enjoyed the off-stage bits, i.e. Jeff skateboarding at a closed park and Mike talking about his tattoos. Danny Clinch did a fantastic job with this DVD.

In case others missed it, Vedder appears to have done the entire soundtrack for the upcoming "Into the Wild" movie. You can listen to some of the music at the film's web page:

http://www.intothewild.com/

That Rolling Stone article was great. Ed finally giving a little bit of insight to the band. Very interesting that he says it's very hard for him to listen to Ten. He didn't really say if it was the production, or the album itself, but I just found it interesting.
    FWIW, he opened a show I saw (a few years ago) with "Release" from Ten, which was just incredible.

Easily one of my favorite bands. Anyone else remember when they tried to get their ticket prices to be cheaper, and ended up testifying in front of Congress?

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by SalingerNY
    FWIW, he opened a show I saw (a few years ago) with "Release" from Ten, which was just incredible.

Easily one of my favorite bands. Anyone else remember when they tried to get their ticket prices to be cheaper, and ended up testifying in front of Congress?

Release is probably my favorite opener. I've seen them do it many times, and it never fails.

The TM incident is something they will always be known for. Even though they eventually ended up having to go through them, they gave it a good fight. The 96 (non-TM)tour was one of my faves.

Release is probably my favorite opener. I've seen them do it many times, and it never fails.

The TM incident is something they will always be known for. Even though they eventually ended up having to go through them, they gave it a good fight. The 96 (non-TM)tour was one of my faves.
    "Release" and "Long Road" are my faves for show openers.

As for the 1996 tour, I remember how intense those shows were. I was at both Randalls Island shows, plus the one in Hartford. Whether it was related to the Ticketbastard situation, or the internal strife within the band, the band played with such fury, intensity, and in a way, introspection. The 98 tour was good, but in a different way. The 1998 tour gave us the first look at Matt Cameron on drums.

NYYF HOF

I saw them in Maine (in a basketball gym that held 8000) as well as Hartford. Very intense shows.

As much of the band has said, Matt Cameron saved them. I really think they were considering hanging it up after Jack Irons left, and it being so suddenly. To come right in and start touring immediately for them was a blessing. I'll always look at Matt as the drummer for Pearl Jam more than the drummer for Soundgarden, but that's just me.

I assume you've been to most of the NY shows. Some of the MSG shows have been legendary (9-11-98 and both 03 MSG shows), and the 3 nights at Jones Beach were fun. They've been good to that area, as well as Boston

Thread Information