+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast
    NYYF HOF

Re: Pearl Jam Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown Bomber
    Are you referring to the PJ forum over on their website? I used to go on that site all the time, but then, too many numbskulls started posting and I lost interest.
    Yeah, the main one. And like you, I was there more often back in the day. I rarely post over there anymore. I usually just go for information.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Did/are either of you guys getting that book they have on the pj.com site? I think it's a collection of all their show posters from the last 13 years. It looks cool, but it's $50.

NYYF HOF

I'd like to get it, because I'm a big fan of the posters and own many myself, but $50 was a little hefty.

I was going to see what it would cost at Borders/Barnes & Noble, and maybe try and pick it up a bit cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown Bomber
    You're kidding...right???
    Sorry, for the long wait.. I forgot that I posted in here.

It would be a yes. He comes in about every day to our restaurant when he's in town.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan
    And finally, someone has a source that they'll be playing NY in either June or July, so take that for what it's worth. I would definitely be in NY for a show this summer, if that ends up being true.

Sorry for the long post.

Hope this is true. NY or "NY area"?? I'm hoping its NY...cuz that would mean either MSG or Jones Beach--both venues are outstanding and I've seen PJ at both places before.

NYYF HOF

Looking back, the guy does say "NYC area" in June or July. He has multiple sources, but of course, won't give any of them. He seems like a pretty credible poster, but how much can you really know from a message board.

Some were speculating Liberty State Park music festival, but I think that's in August.

Who knows. I've seen them at Jones Beach and MSG as well, and they are always great shows. I'd prefer MSG, but would pretty much take anything within 8-10 hours drive.

Looking back, the guy does say "NYC area" in June or July. He has multiple sources, but of course, won't give any of them. He seems like a pretty credible poster, but how much can you really know from a message board.

Some were speculating Liberty State Park music festival, but I think that's in August.

Who knows. I've seen them at Jones Beach and MSG as well, and they are always great shows. I'd prefer MSG, but would pretty much take anything within 8-10 hours drive.
    I've seen PJ at MSG twice, Jones once, and Continental Arena/whatever the hell its called now. I hope its not Continental--that arena blows. In fact, I would think that Prudential Center would be getting all the big name concerts now for anyone doing shows in Jersey. I mean its a brand new arena, while Continental is like 25 years old and a complete dump. I saw Bon Jovi there a few months back, and the Pru is a great arena. If PJ played there, I would be okay with that....as long as its not Continental.

Guinness for Strength! Boogiedown Bomber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Did/are either of you guys getting that book they have on the pj.com site? I think it's a collection of all their show posters from the last 13 years. It looks cool, but it's $50.
    I think the posters are cool, but I wouldn't spend $50 for the book. I have bought the photobooks they have put out, such as "Place/Date" and "5X1" Those are great items to pick up.

My appreciate for PJ has been renewed recently. I happen to get a copy of their Unplugged session on CD (thanks again!!) and it has become an obsession. Got it last Thursday and I've probably heard it like 50 times. Hearing Black live and unplugged....

I continue to buy PJ albums and since Vitalogy I have been pretty disappointed. I do think in time my opinion will change in time so I continue to buy them. Just because I've seen the progression of my music appreciation. Right now I still need distortion. However I am digging Vedder's new solo sh*t. I'm trying to decide if I wanna spend the $$ on the cd.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    However I am digging Vedder's new solo sh*t.
    Does he still sing with his jaw clinched shut?

My heroes, my dreams, and my future lay in Yankee Stadium. And they canít take that away from me. óDerek Jeter

My appreciate for PJ has been renewed recently. I happen to get a copy of their Unplugged session on CD (thanks again!!) and it has become an obsession. Got it last Thursday and I've probably heard it like 50 times. Hearing Black live and unplugged....

I continue to buy PJ albums and since Vitalogy I have been pretty disappointed. I do think in time my opinion will change in time so I continue to buy them. Just because I've seen the progression of my music appreciation. Right now I still need distortion. However I am digging Vedder's new solo sh*t. I'm trying to decide if I wanna spend the $$ on the cd.
    You didn't like their self titled cd?

Their most recent studio album was pretty darn good. At least on par with Vitalogy and worthy of mention alongside Ten and Versus.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

You didn't like their self titled cd?
    meh.... it's been hard for me to get into it. It's hard to explain. I like Vedder's voice, alot. But it's ended there after Vitalogy (I like Vitalogy for clarification) for some reason. I used to love the guitars and the mix of melodic tunes and angry/loud tunes. There are songs sporadically that I do like but overall I have had a hard time with full albums. It sucks man because I used to be a HUGE PJ fan. Obsessive. Them and AIC were addictions throughout the entire 90s.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19
    Their most recent studio album was pretty darn good. At least on par with Vitalogy and worthy of mention alongside Ten and Versus.
    Absolutely! I played the last record for a couple of co-workers who used to listen to PJ, and they immediately went out and got it. It is a great record, if you ask me.

NYYF HOF

There's going to be an announcement today from the 10 club (PJ fanclub). More than likely, it will be tour related.

There's been a few posters who have gotten information that they will be playing MSG this summer, late June I believe (24th and 25th were the dates, I believe). Another poster had a source about them playing Hartford around June 27th, so that would make sense.

I'll post back when I get some more information.

There's going to be an announcement today from the 10 club (PJ fanclub). More than likely, it will be tour related.

There's been a few posters who have gotten information that they will be playing MSG this summer, late June I believe (24th and 25th were the dates, I believe). Another poster had a source about them playing Hartford around June 27th, so that would make sense.

I'll post back when I get some more information.
    I hope this is true. Although the wife just put in for DMB tickets at Great Woods for June 25th, so I hope they don't play MSG that night. If it's a small tour, I'd hope they'd play NYC on a weekend so more people have a chance to go (like me). They're banned from Great Woods so that's out, but I guess they could play at the Fleet Center.

NYYF Legend

I hope this is true. Although the wife just put in for DMB tickets at Great Woods for June 25th, so I hope they don't play MSG that night. If it's a small tour, I'd hope they'd play NYC on a weekend so more people have a chance to go (like me). They're banned from Great Woods so that's out, but I guess they could play at the Fleet Center.
    PJ is banned from Great Woods?

Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    PJ is banned from Great Woods?
    Yup. In 2003 they decided to play every song they ever wrote over the course of their 3 night stay there. To do so meant they had to play A) an acoustic set before the opener one night and B) play til 11:45pm on the last night. The venue has an 11PM mandate on shows ending, so by blatently not following that they aren't allowed to play there anymore. If you get the concert from that night (7/11/03 I believe) Eddie talks about how they have songs to get through and it means they'll never be able to play there again.

Funny side note: the only other performer who is banned from there as well is Neil Diamond.

NYYF Legend

Yup. In 2003 they decided to play every song they ever wrote over the course of their 3 night stay there. To do so meant they had to play A) an acoustic set before the opener one night and B) play til 11:45pm on the last night. The venue has an 11PM mandate on shows ending, so by blatently not following that they aren't allowed to play there anymore. If you get the concert from that night (7/11/03 I believe) Eddie talks about how they have songs to get through and it means they'll never be able to play there again.

Funny side note: the only other performer who is banned from there as well is Neil Diamond.
    LOL, that's too funny...I have to check my bootlegs and see if I have that show.

NYYF HOF

7/11/03 was the date of the show. 45 total songs, with the 12 songs pre-set. I believe they did around 82 songs and 11 covers for the 3 nights stint.

I read somewhere that they were fined around $8000 and left the venue without paying. They haven't been back since, playing shows at the Fleet Center in 2004 and 2006.

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WashingtonYankee
    Did you know....

I have a beer w/the manager of Pearl Jam often...

Kelly Curtis?
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders
    Kelly Curtis?
    Stupid Flanders, you got me excited that there'd been a tour announcement.

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

I hate to nitpick but technically it was every song they played on that tour, not every song they ever wrote.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

NYYF HOF

It's official.......small 10 date, east coast tour.

Jun 11 -- West Palm, FL -- Cruzan Amp. -- March 24, 9am PDT
    Jun 12 -- Tampa, FL -- St. Pete Forum --- March 24, 11am PDT
    Jun 16 -- Columbia, SC -- Colonial Ctr. --- March 24, 1pm PDT

Jun 17 -- Virginia Bch, VA -- Verizon Amp. -- March 25, 9am PDT
    Jun 19 -- Camden, NJ -- Susquehanna --- March 25, 11am PDT
    Jun 22 -- Washington, DC -- Verizon Center -- March 25, 1pm PDT

Jun 24 -- New York, NY -- MSG Arena -- March 26, 9am PDT
    Jun 25 -- New York, NY -- MSG Arena -- March 26, 11am PDT

Jun 27 -- Hartford, CT -- Dodge Amp. --- March 27, 9am PDT
    Jun 30 -- Mansfield, MA -- Tweeter Center -- March 27, 11am PDT

edit to add a few things.

the dates at the end are when the 10club will be doing the pre-sale. TM sales will be announced later.

Looks like the ban from GreatWoods was lifted. I love going to shows there.

MSG is going to be crazy. Hope to see some of you there!

It's official.......small 10 date, east coast tour.

Jun 11 -- West Palm, FL -- Cruzan Amp. -- March 24, 9am PDT
    Jun 12 -- Tampa, FL -- St. Pete Forum --- March 24, 11am PDT
    Jun 16 -- Columbia, SC -- Colonial Ctr. --- March 24, 1pm PDT

Jun 17 -- Virginia Bch, VA -- Verizon Amp. -- March 25, 9am PDT
    Jun 19 -- Camden, NJ -- Susquehanna --- March 25, 11am PDT
    Jun 22 -- Washington, DC -- Verizon Center -- March 25, 1pm PDT

Jun 24 -- New York, NY -- MSG Arena -- March 26, 9am PDT
    Jun 25 -- New York, NY -- MSG Arena -- March 26, 11am PDT

Jun 27 -- Hartford, CT -- Dodge Amp. --- March 27, 9am PDT
    Jun 30 -- Mansfield, MA -- Tweeter Center -- March 27, 11am PDT

edit to add a few things.

the dates at the end are when the 10club will be doing the pre-sale. TM sales will be announced later.

Looks like the ban from GreatWoods was lifted. I love going to shows there.

MSG is going to be crazy. Hope to see some of you there!
    Just great! My wife's due date is June 20th...

Thread Information