+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 155 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

NYYF Legend

Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

People seem to like it in JC, so we'll see how this goes in here. We'll start with this.
    Bothered by a bruised left groin, Astros lefthander Wandy Rodriguez expects to go without a protective cup tonight when he starts against the Los Angeles Dodgers in his quest to remain undefeated this season. Rodriguez has been plagued by a tender left groin in his last two outings. He attributes the bruising in the area to his cup digging into his left side.
    Rodriguez (3-0, 2.52 ERA) says he has made some improvement through stretching exercises under the guidance of Astros athletic trainers Dave Labossiere and Rex Jones.
    "I'm fine," he said. "I'm ready to start. They were stretching the muscle, and I feel fine. I possibly won't use the cup so I can see if it will help me get better. I'm not worried about not using a cup because I have real good hands."
    http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3820301.html

NYYF Legend

Re: Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Carlos Zambrano said Tuesday his left knee felt OK, and he even pulled up his pants leg to show there were no scars from Monday night's bat-breaking episode.

Zambrano broke his bat over his knee after striking out in the third inning, which drew applause from Cubs fans but was a risky move nonetheless.

"That was a one-time thing," Zambrano said. "That's like when the sun and the moon go together, like an eclipse."

Was it a premeditated act?

"No, that was just a reaction," he said. "I never thought about thatónever. That was a maple bat. If I tried to do that again, I'd break my leg. No chance. I was frustrated because I missed good pitches he threw to me right down the middle.

"We were down 3-0, and I want to do something for my team. I don't think you'll see that again."

Although Cubs broadcaster Bob Brenly criticized the move on the telecast, manager Dusty Baker absolved Zambrano afterward. On Tuesday, Baker was asked if he ever would tell Zambrano not to break bats over his knee again.

"You can say it, but when stuff hits you top of your head, man Ö" Baker said. "My mother told me 'Don't spit anymore.' The next thing I know, I'm spitting. When it hits you top of your head, man, you really don't hear anybody except the pressure top of your head."

Asked if he believed Zambrano when he said he never would do it again, Baker simply rolled his eyes and grinned.
    http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....cubs-headlines

Dusty, could you clarify that, please?

NYYF Legend

The Rangers will wear commemorative jerseys with "Los Rangers" across the front on May 5 for Cinco de Mayo. The Rangers will face the Yankees in that game.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.a4e2851.html

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Pinstriper
    That's ridiculous.

NYYF Legend

A maple bat? He's lucky he's not on the DL.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA