+ Reply to Thread
Page 480 of 483 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 LastLast
Results 11,976 to 12,000 of 12060

Re: Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    How the hell does Ozzie Albies have 14 HR?

This was a kid who, even as an elite prospect, was scouted with 20-30 power...
    Bat speed and barreling up the ball. Looks like the Yankees aren't the only team with such a rookie or young player.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Bat speed and barreling up the ball. Looks like the Yankees aren't the only team with such a rookie or young player.
    Yeah both Albies and Acuna are younger than Gleyber Torres. It happens quickly that Harper and Trout become the old guys.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Bush and Elmer Myers combined for 29 of the team's 36 wins. That was two years after the A's won 99 games. No one could dismantle a great team like Connie Mack.
    Yes, I believe it's the only post-1900 occurrence of two pitchers combining for more than 80 percent of their team's wins. Rube Parnham and Jing Johnson tied for third on the team with 2 wins apiece, as the non-Bush/Myers pitchers went a combined 7-70.

Oddly, three regulars on this awful team would become regulars with the pennant-winning Yankees of 1922/23: Bush, SS Whitey Witt (who would play CF for those Yankees) and C/OF Wally Schang (catcher for those Yankees).

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Austin Pruitt earned a 5 2/3 inning save for Tampa Bay today in an 8-3 win over Baltimore. He relieved winner Vidal Nuno, who pitched 3 innings for the win in relief of "opener" Sergio Romo, who was knocked out in the first, only pitching a third of an inning while allowing 3 runs.

@Buster_ESPN
    Following Following @Buster_ESPN
    More
    As it stands today, think about the choices that A.J. Hinch could legitimately make for the All-Star Game pitching staff:
    1st inning: Verlander
    2: Cole
    3: Morton
    4: Kluber
    5: Sale
    6: Severino
    7-9 Etc.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...b-teams-week-8

Espn power rankings Astros 1, Redsox 2 and Yankees 3

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Austin Pruitt earned a 5 2/3 inning save for Tampa Bay today in an 8-3 win over Baltimore. He relieved winner Vidal Nuno, who pitched 3 innings for the win in relief of "opener" Sergio Romo, who was knocked out in the first, only pitching a third of an inning while allowing 3 runs.
    Thank you for finding that. I'm going to tweet @EvanJ3535 and thank you. It was the 71st time since 1908 that a pitcher who got a save pitched at least 5 2/3 innings. It was the first time since Joaquin Benoit on September 3, 2002 for Texas against Baltimore. In the last 46 years, there have been 2 saves of at least 5 2/3 innings against Baltimore, and none against any other team. Pruitt did it in his second career save and Benoit did it in his first career save. The last pitcher to do it against another team was Horacio Pina for Texas against California on April 23, 1972. It was the 8th time since 1925 that a pitcher did that.

Colorado is in first with a worse run differential than every fourth place team except Kansas City. The fourth place teams other than Kansas City are 130-129 with a +7 run differential.

NYYF Legend

Here are unusual things about the Mets schedule:

1. Normally one of the Yankees and Mets will be at home, but there are two years with both teams on the west coast. While the Yankees were at the Angels, the Mets were at the Padres. While the Yankees will be at the Athletics, the Mets will be at the Dodgers. The Mets will be at the Giants before the Dodgers, so for a week the San Francisco area will host a New York team.

2. The Mets play consecutive road series against Atlanta, and by June 13 the Mets will be done playing at Atlanta. One of the SNY announcers said you should play every division opponent home and away in September, which I disagree with. The Yankees andMets will play only one team home and away in September. The Mets will play the Phillies home and away, and will host the Marlins twice in September. The Yankees will play the Red Sox home and away in September.

3. Including a makeup game, the Mets will play 3 games at Miami from August 10 to 12, 2 games at Baltimore from August 14 to 15, and 5 games at Philadelphia from August 16 to 19. I'm not going to check this, but I think it is rare to have half the games on a road trip to be against the same opponent when the road trip includes three series.

In my opinion I dont believe Reddick is injured and hiding him from Yankees in this series.. he has leg infection? Did MLB doctors check his leg? its total bs. they phantom DL him so JD Davis can play lineup and Yankees had no advanced scouting report on him then JD Hit 3 HR today against German.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    In my opinion I dont believe Reddick is injured and hiding him from Yankees in this series.. he has leg infection? Did MLB doctors check his leg? its total bs. they phantom DL him so JD Davis can play lineup and Yankees had no advanced scouting report on him then JD Hit 3 HR today against German.
    Astros outfielder Josh Reddick is eligible to come off the DL on Friday, but that’s not going to happen, Brian McTaggart of MLB.com writes. Reddick, who’s battling a skin infection above his left knee, hasn’t resumed baseball activities and may need to embark on a rehab assignment before he returns, according to manager A.J. Hinch.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Here are unusual things about the Mets schedule:

1. Normally one of the Yankees and Mets will be at home, but there are two years with both teams on the west coast. While the Yankees were at the Angels, the Mets were at the Padres. While the Yankees will be at the Athletics, the Mets will be at the Dodgers. The Mets will be at the Giants before the Dodgers, so for a week the San Francisco area will host a New York team.
    Those seem like unusually long road trips.

NYYF Legend

There's a report out of the DR that Jose Ramirez got popped for PEDs. No link.

Edit: Apparently it's fake news.

The Red Sox have agreed to a minor league contract with veteran first baseman Adam Lind, reports Evan Drellich of NBC Sports Boston

NYYF Legend

The Red Sox have agreed to a minor league contract with veteran first baseman Adam Lind, reports Evan Drellich of NBC Sports Boston
    This will come back to haunt us. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post

“Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.” – Yogi Berra

This guy's anonymous source on Dominican Republic PED-use sounds like an idiot:

The year was 2005, when Major League Baseball’s fledgling PED testing program in the majors and minors was showing signs of a serious Dominican problem. A weeklong quest for answers through Dominican baseball’s underbelly – including the shadowy world of unregulated, independent trainers known as “buscones” that develop the country’s teenage baseball talent amid a scarcity of high-school leagues – led us to the dealer and his explanation for why PED usage was practically mandatory for the nation’s youth.

“All the (U.S.) scouts want players who are 16 or 17 to throw over 90 miles per hour,” he said. “In the U.S., even when you’re 20, the scouts only ask for 86 or 87. That’s why so many young players make the decision to use the stuff.”
    Yeah, no. Pitching prospects that throw 86-87 at age 20 are not going to be looked at as top prospects... unless they are uber-projectable lefties with dynamite secondaries. You might find a unicorn before you come across one of those, though.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    He had no place in this organization. I don't begrudge him looking for other opportunities.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Joe Girardi goes to Albany in push to legalize sports betting

https://nypost.com/2018/05/30/joe-gi...ports-betting/

“Girardi is pushing for sports gambling legislation. He’s representing Major League Baseball,” said Assemblyman Gary Pretlow (D-
    Westchester), who chairs the Racing and Wagering Committee.

Joe Torre, Girardi’s predecessor as Yankees manager and MLB’s chief baseball officer, will be pursuing the issue in Albany next week, Pretlow said.

Pretlow said MLB wants a “piece of the action” — a slice of the revenues from wagers on baseball games.

NYYF Legend

Pretlow said MLB wants a “piece of the action” — a slice of the revenues from wagers on baseball games.
    Unless they put betting windows inside of stadiums, good luck with that.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

https://www.mlb.com/video/high-heat-...83?tid=7417714

Chris Russo- Yankees need a starting pitcher. Yankees wont win a pennant with CC , they can win division and wont win a championship.

NYYF Legend

https://www.mlb.com/video/high-heat-...83?tid=7417714

Chris Russo- Yankees need a starting pitcher. Yankees wont win a pennant with CC , they can win division and wont win a championship.
    You are aware that the work "interesting" is part of the thread title, right?
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    You are aware that the work "interesting" is part of the thread title, right?
    Careful there. I got a 1 week ban for questioning OdiN's contributions to this thread.
    Last edited by Donnybaseball72; 05-30-18 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Censorship sucks
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Careful there. I got a 1 week ban for questioning OdiN's contributions to this thread.
    I was just asking him a question.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I was just asking him a question.
    The mods will find any reason to suspended you here without warning.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Thread Information