+ Reply to Thread
Page 479 of 490 FirstFirst ... 379 429 469 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 489 ... LastLast
Results 11,951 to 11,975 of 12247
    NYYF Legend

Re: Interesting Baseball News Items That Do Not Warrant Their Own Thread

Washington called up and used reliever Tim Collins, who hadn't pitched in MLB since 2014. He was a reliever for Kansas City from 2011 to 2014 with an ERA in the 3s every year. He did not pitch in the majors or minors in 2015 or 2016, so I'm assuming he was injured. In 2017, he allowed 15 earned runs in 17 1/3 innings combining minor league teams.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Washington called up and used reliever Tim Collins, who hadn't pitched in MLB since 2014. He was a reliever for Kansas City from 2011 to 2014 with an ERA in the 3s every year. He did not pitch in the majors or minors in 2015 or 2016, so I'm assuming he was injured. In 2017, he allowed 15 earned runs in 17 1/3 innings combining minor league teams.
    Collins had a rough go as he had TJS in 2015 then during rehab in 2016 he suffered elbow ligament damage again and needed a second TJS. Just terrible going through that surgery and rehab back to back losing about three years of your career.

Always thought Collins was a great story because he threw pretty hard thanks to an athletic windup and quick arm despite being short as hell. His curveball was fun to watch coming from a lefty, too.

Andrew Baggarly

Verified account

@extrabaggs
    Following Following @extrabaggs
    More
    Bumgarner threw 30 pitches with one break during live BP. Much happier with action on breaking pitches. On track to throw 45 pitches for Sacramento on Saturday

@Brandon_Warne
    Follow Follow @Brandon_Warne
    More
    Zach Duke has assumed the corner locker vacated by Phil Hughes.

1:32 PM - 22 May 2018

@PJ_Mooney
    Follow Follow @PJ_Mooney
    More
    Maddon on Rays' reliever-as-starter experiment: ďI donít want to say, ĎHey, youíre going to be there in the 2nd inning, donít worry about it.í Definitely donít want to tell John Lackey that. That would be like my worst nightmare right there: ĎJohn, what do you think, brother?íĒ

@njrowan
    Follow Follow @njrowan
    More
    The #MNTwins have acquired 1B Chris Carter from the LA Angels. He will report to @RocRedWings.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    @njrowan
    Follow Follow @njrowan
    More
    The #MNTwins have acquired 1B Chris Carter from the LA Angels. He will report to @RocRedWings.
    This isn't even interesting baseball news. Stop flooding this thread.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Speak for yourself. I think many of us wanted to know where Zach Duke would put his stuff.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    I would have had no idea Carter was still in organized baseball except for that post.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Jakob Junis has a 3.52 ERA and the next best Royals starter has a 5.30. Kansas City is 7-3 when Junis starts and 9-30 when anybody else starts. Their winning percentage with Junis is over triple their winning percentage with anybody else. Junis has 5 wins, which is more than the rest of the Royals starters combined. The other four have 1 win each. I wonder when the last time a team had a majority of their wins from starters be from one pitcher at least 49 games into a season was. If the Royals get only one All-Star, they have many candidates. Mike Moustakas and Jorge Soler are their starting position players with an OPS over .800. Salvador Perez has a .784 OPS and his home runs and RBI per at-bat are very good. Kelvin Herrera has 10 saves, a 0.96 ERA, and 0 walks. There has only been one pitcher to have at least 30 saves, an ERA under 1.00, and under 1 walk per 9 innings. That was Dennis Eckersley in 1990, when he had 48 saves, a 0.61 ERA, and finished sixth in MVP voting.

Jim Leyritz

@therealjleyritz
    Follow Follow @therealjleyritz
    More
    Replying to @lee_warner @Yankees @OldNavy
    Yes itís a joke already. Randy Levine and Debbie Tymon have said I didnít do enough in Yankee history to be invited. How many sliders did they hit. Lol

Yankees and Yankees President Randy levine not inviting Leyritz to come to Old Timers day? He's was hero in 1996 hitting Homeruns against Wohlers. thoughts?

It sound like Randy Levine is up to his old tricks again. He doesn't invite Leyritz, but extends invites to Jay Johnstone, Lee Mazzilli and Homer Bush. Those guys hardly played for the Yankees though Mazzilli had been a Yankee coach.

NYYF Legend

Hasn't Leyritz had some legal problems in recent years? That's probably the real reason he wasn't invited.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Hasn't Leyritz had some legal problems in recent years? That's probably the real reason he wasn't invited.
    He killed a mother of 2 in a DUI. He was acquitted but, still, fk him.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the non-invitation has nothing to do with his play as a Yankee. (In addition to the car accident, there was a domestic battery charge which was later dropped). And I can understand that, but the Yankees could be big enough to tell him that because of his off-field incidents they're not comfortable having him there.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Jakob Junis has a 3.52 ERA and the next best Royals starter has a 5.30. Kansas City is 7-3 when Junis starts and 9-30 when anybody else starts. Their winning percentage with Junis is over triple their winning percentage with anybody else. Junis has 5 wins, which is more than the rest of the Royals starters combined. The other four have 1 win each. I wonder when the last time a team had a majority of their wins from starters be from one pitcher at least 49 games into a season was. If the Royals get only one All-Star, they have many candidates. Mike Moustakas and Jorge Soler are their starting position players with an OPS over .800. Salvador Perez has a .784 OPS and his home runs and RBI per at-bat are very good. Kelvin Herrera has 10 saves, a 0.96 ERA, and 0 walks. There has only been one pitcher to have at least 30 saves, an ERA under 1.00, and under 1 walk per 9 innings. That was Dennis Eckersley in 1990, when he had 48 saves, a 0.61 ERA, and finished sixth in MVP voting.
    I don't know if this is the only occurrence, but 122 games into the 1916 season, Bullet Joe Bush had 14 of the Philadelphia A's 27 wins (27-95, on their way to 36-117).

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I don't know if this is the only occurrence, but 122 games into the 1916 season, Bullet Joe Bush had 14 of the Philadelphia A's 27 wins (27-95, on their way to 36-117).
    I donít know how he started the season, but Carltonís Ď72 had to be close at some point (finished 27/59).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I donít know how he started the season, but Carltonís Ď72 had to be close at some point (finished 27/59).
    Based on a quick glance, his high-water mark of overall team wins was 21/44 when the Phillies were 44-75. So to satisfy the criteria the Phils would have needed to have at least 3 relief wins at that point. I don't have the time or inclination to chase that down, but bullpens were important enough by 1972 that I figure they probably did.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Bush and Elmer Myers combined for 29 of the team's 36 wins. That was two years after the A's won 99 games. No one could dismantle a great team like Connie Mack.

NYYF Legend

How the hell does Ozzie Albies have 14 HR?

This was a kid who, even as an elite prospect, was scouted with 20-30 power...
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    How the hell does Ozzie Albies have 14 HR?

This was a kid who, even as an elite prospect, was scouted with 20-30 power...
    Yeah, totally baffling. He's always been known as a defensive whiz. He's due for a big time correction in the power department.

Thread Information