+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: New Music

Re: New Music

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNovember
    I love Death Cab. Check out Transatlanticism, it's even better than Plans.

A lack of color is one of my favorite songs ever

Pick me. Choose me. Love me. SuperMario66's Avatar
    Just between I wish I could and I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident
    A lack of color is one of my favorite songs ever
    That is my favorite song of their's. No doubt.
    --Misti

Has anybody noticed we have a color option called "lemon chiffon?"

\m/ rise against. \m/

I just had nine new unmastered track off of the soon to be released Brand New CD sent to me (legally of course)

If anyone listens to BN and wants the songs, PM me and i'll give you my AIM SN so you can get them through get file
    i'm pretty sure i grabbed them off the IRC earlier in the week. but i havent gotten around to listen to them yet. how are they?

btw, the IRC is the best way to get music, especially not so popular music. i've been using it for years and have gotten practically anything i've ever wanted.

edit: if i'm not supposed to be saying that for some reason, mods please delete.
    last.fm | myspace
    "i like my coffee black. just like my metal."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Smithers
    i'm pretty sure i grabbed them off the IRC earlier in the week. but i havent gotten around to listen to them yet. how are they?

btw, the IRC is the best way to get music, especially not so popular music. i've been using it for years and have gotten practically anything i've ever wanted.

edit: if i'm not supposed to be saying that for some reason, mods please delete.
    What is IRC?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

if you like Morrisey, you'll love the New stuff.

Like Deja Entendu, it growns on you with each listen. I heard they recorded something like 50 demos so im guessing there are a few tracks that will be on the new CD that we haven't heard yet.

NYYF Legend

if you like Morrisey, you'll love the New stuff.

Like Deja Entendu, it growns on you with each listen. I heard they recorded something like 50 demos so im guessing there are a few tracks that will be on the new CD that we haven't heard yet.
    Who is BN? I love Morrissey.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz
    Who is BN? I love Morrissey.
    BN= Brand New

Im a big Morrisey fan as well. Listen to track 2 of the brand new Demo's, sounds almost just like Morrisey

NYYF Legend

BN= Brand New

Im a big Morrisey fan as well. Listen to track 2 of the brand new Demo's, sounds almost just like Morrisey
    So the band is just called "Brand New"? I will definitely check them out.

Yep, thats them.

If you want, PM me and i'll give you my AIM sn. That way you can just rip all of their new songs from my get file folder.

Edit- To make things easier, go here to dl the new BN tracks

http://rapidshare.de/files/11920992/...Demo_.rar.html

Enjoy!

NYYF Legend

coughtorrentsarebettercough
    Crush it with your mind vice.

NYYF Legend

Yep, thats them.

If you want, PM me and i'll give you my AIM sn. That way you can just rip all of their new songs from my get file folder.

Edit- To make things easier, go here to dl the new BN tracks

http://rapidshare.de/files/11920992/...Demo_.rar.html

Enjoy!
    I'm at work now but I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks a bunch

They certainly are the most talented of the Long Island bands who have made it lately.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee
    They certainly are the most talented of the Long Island bands who have made it lately.

They are, and it aint even close.

Id love to see them collaborate Billy Joel some day.

NYYF Legend

They are, and it aint even close.

Id love to see them collaborate Billy Joel some day.
    I just finished listening to the Brand New songs you sent me. They are really good. Thanks for turning me on to them. I'll have to check out more of their other stuff. Although I must admit, I really do not see the Morrissey parallel. I think they sound more like The Catherine Wheel, The Blake Babies, O Positive and even The Cure crossed with R.E.M. I bet they're great live.

I also don't understand why they seem to be lumped into the Emo category. I don't think they sound Emo at all.

I just finished listening to the Brand New songs you sent me. They are really good. Thanks for turning me on to them. I'll have to check out more of their other stuff. Although I must admit, I really do not see the Morrissey parallel. I think they sound more like The Catherine Wheel, O Positive and even The Cure crossed with R.E.M. I bet they're great live.

I also don't understand why they seem to be lumped into the Emo category. I don't think they sound Emo at all.
    hahaha maybe its just me. The lead singer is a HUGE morrisey fan and sometimes tries to sound like him when he sings (like track 2 of the stuff u downloaded).

I suggest that you download their last album Deja Entendu. The whole cd is amazing and the last track on it (play crack the sky) is quite possibly the most amazing song i have ever heard (song gives me chills)

and yes, they kick ass live!

BN's older stuff used to be more punkish and their lyrics were completely different. I guess thats why they were grouped into the "emo" catagory. They've really matured as a band since 2000.

The Blue Merle CD called "Burning in the Sun" is really good as welll. They are a little bit like coldplay.

I suggest that you download their last album Deja Entendu. The whole cd is amazing and the last track on it (play crack the sky) is quite possibly the most amazing song i have ever heard (song gives me chills)
    I just listened to that song, and I liked it a whole lot!

When exactly does their new CD come out?

Quote Originally Posted by SheffRocks11
    I just listened to that song, and I liked it a whole lot!

When exactly does their new CD come out?
    release date has not been set.

Id guess somewhere around summer time or a little bit before it. They recorded something like 50 songs (thats what i heard) and are now making cuts for which ones will be on the album. After that they'll just have to re-record the ones they choose and master them.

release date has not been set.

Id guess somewhere around summer time or a little bit before it. They recorded something like 50 songs (thats what i heard) and are now making cuts for which ones will be on the album. After that they'll just have to re-record the ones they choose and master them.
    Thanks

NYYF Legend

hahaha maybe its just me. The lead singer is a HUGE morrisey fan and sometimes tries to sound like him when he sings (like track 2 of the stuff u downloaded).

and yes, they kick ass live!

BN's older stuff used to be more punkish and their lyrics were completely different. I guess thats why they were grouped into the "emo" catagory. They've really matured as a band since 2000.
    I just sampled some of Deja Entendu on Amazon. I can here more of the emo sound on some of those songs. I think I like the newer stuff that you sent me better.

I just sampled some of Deja Entendu on Amazon. I can here more of the emo sound on some of those songs. I think I like the newer stuff that you sent me better.

Well the new stuff is pretty fantastical and Im glad that they didnt pop out with the new stuff after signing with a major label (interscope).

I had to give Deja Entendu a few listens before i realized how great of an album it was. I called it the fight club of CD's, because it got better with each listen.

I just finished listening to the Brand New songs you sent me. They are really good. Thanks for turning me on to them. I'll have to check out more of their other stuff. Although I must admit, I really do not see the Morrissey parallel. I think they sound more like The Catherine Wheel, The Blake Babies, O Positive and even The Cure crossed with R.E.M. I bet they're great live.

The come out of the Long Island emo scene, so that is where the label comes from. But you are right, they don't really sound much like Morrisey IMO. I have hungout with the lead singer a couple times and he is a big Morrisey fan CanoforPrez is right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by TannerBoyle
    It's a Russian site, and I don't fully know the deal (or if I should even have brought it up). But songs are dirt cheap, and priced according to length (0.05 to 0.15 roughly). I think the deal is you are actually paying for the bandwidth, not the song itself. I like it because you can encode the songs into whatever quality and file format you like.
    Not legal, but probably impossible for the government to do anything about it. Being located in Russia, where they are not co-operative with the U.S. with copyright issues, the feds would never get client records. With that in mind, I would imagine they may still get you by the credit cards.

The New York Times had a big article on it a while back. While they are legal for the Russian market, the license for the music is not legal for outside of Russia.
    Saturday, Rodriguez enthusiastically told the go-between, "tell [Red Sox president] Larry Lucchino to **** off!"

Does anyone here listen to Magnet? They are really a terrific band and I suggest everyone to check them out.

\m/ rise against. \m/

What is IRC?
    IRC = internet relay chat

it's a chat program that is predominantly used for file transfers. www.mirc.com is the program i use, but there are other ones as well. then if you want basic popular albums you can use www.ircspy.com or www.packetnews.com to search where they are.

it's a little complicated but i can explain further if you'd like.

and torrents take too long for me. and they dont always have the group releases i'm looking for.
    last.fm | myspace
    "i like my coffee black. just like my metal."

Thread Information