+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24
Results 576 to 591 of 591

Thread: New Music

  1. #576
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: New Music

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    I think you can hold your middle finger up as high as it ever was towards religion while simultaneously finding faith.
    I know. I just find it odd with these two specifically. The way they rejected both rejected it so hard. It's unexpected. May be maturity, I know with one of them, Maynard Keenan, the death of his mom threw him for a loop and she was a religious maniac.

    In a song called "Wings For Marie" here are snippets of lyrics:

    His usual feelings:
    Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance
    Burden of proof tossed upon the believers
    You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence
    Judith Marie, unconditional one


    He also goes on to say she deserves what she's believed in all this time:

    You're the only one who can hold your head up high
    Shake your fists at the gates saying
    "I've come home now!
    Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father
    Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended
    It's time now!
    My time now!
    Give me my, give me my wings!"


    Since this album, he's been leaning towards a different view. And it's a very interesting evolution.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  2. #577
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: New Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I know. I just find it odd with these two specifically. The way they rejected both rejected it so hard. It's unexpected. May be maturity, I know with one of them, Maynard Keenan, the death of his mom threw him for a loop and she was a religious maniac.

    In a song called "Wings For Marie" here are snippets of lyrics:

    His usual feelings:
    Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance
    Burden of proof tossed upon the believers
    You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence
    Judith Marie, unconditional one


    He also goes on to say she deserves what she's believed in all this time:

    You're the only one who can hold your head up high
    Shake your fists at the gates saying
    "I've come home now!
    Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father
    Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended
    It's time now!
    My time now!
    Give me my, give me my wings!"


    Since this album, he's been leaning towards a different view. And it's a very interesting evolution.
    Now thatís a dude who likely has picked up on several eastern philosophies/theologies, that allows for a kind of theological rationalism.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

  3. #578
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: New Music

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Now that’s a dude who likely has picked up on several eastern philosophies/theologies, that allows for a kind of theological rationalism.
    its also the same guy who wrote this:

    If you want to get your soul to heaven
    Trust in me now don't you judge or question
    You are broken now, but faith can heal you
    Just do everything I tell you to do

    Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow
    What you need is someone strong to guide you
    Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow
    Let me lay my holy hand upon you

    My God's will
    Becomes me
    When he speaks
    He speaks through me
    He has needs
    Like I do
    We both want
    To rape you


    And this....

    Oh so many many ways for me to show you
    How your dogma has abandoned you
    Pray to your Christ, to your god
    Never taste of the fruit
    Never stray, never break
    Never---choke on a lie
    Even though he's the one who did this to you
    You never thought to question why
    Not like you killed someone
    It's Not like you drove a spiteful spear into his side
    Talk to Jesus Christ
    As if he knows the reasons why
    He did it all for you
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  4. #579
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: New Music

    While it doesn't get into his religious thoughts, this is a pretty good article about Maynard.


    https://www.theringer.com/music/2018...es-keenan-tool

    How to Be a Middle-Aged Rock Star: An Appreciation of Maynard James Keenan
    The Tool frontman has perfected the art of maintaining mystique—in an age and at an age that usually complicates things

  5. #580
    NYYF Cy Young

    Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The CT/MA Border, aka Pink Sox Territory

    Re: New Music

    I'm enjoying the new Scars On Broadway single "Lives" very much, but can't help but wish System Of A Down would just get back together and re-record it with Serj's vocals.

  6. #581
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: New Music

    New NIN: Bad Witch is awesome.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  7. #582
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: New Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    New NIN: Bad Witch is awesome.
    Yup. Upon first listen I like it the most of the three EPs. The one they released as a single is actually the weakest track. I love the last track - sounds exactly like Bowie.

  8. #583
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: New Music

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Yup. Upon first listen I like it the most of the three EPs. The one they released as a single is actually the weakest track. I love the last track - sounds exactly like Bowie.
    so much Bowie. In fact they are covering two Bowie songs on their current tour right now. They’re doing “I Can’t Give Everything” and “I’m Afraid Of Americans”

    I think as of now the first two tracks are my favorites.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  9. #584
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: New Music

    I'm taking a break from my break in Just Conversation to share this with you ding dongs. Because it's that awesome.

    If you're going to cover Stairway To Heaven, Heart is going to show you how. This is an incredible performance. With Plant and Page in attendance.





    Back into my corner now.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  10. #585
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: New Music

    Oh my goodness oh my goodness..... I think I soiled myself. Yep, I totally did.





    aaaaaaand......... a multiple Toolgasm...

    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  11. #586
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: New Music

    Itís finally happening. August 30th.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  12. #587
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: New Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Itís finally happening. August 30th.


    I'll believe it when I see it though.

  13. #588
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: New Music

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post


    I'll believe it when I see it though.
    That’s fair. But they actually announced it at a show last night. And they said definitely this year a while ago on Twitter. Hopefully we get some studio singles soon. I’m getting tired of listening to these people’s conversations in the live uploads!
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  14. #589
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: New Music

    Really clear, live version of “Invincible”. I converted it over to MP3 and when I play it on my car it sounds amazing. I’m addicted to it.


    Last edited by Hitman23; 06-03-19 at 01:39 PM.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  15. #590
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: New Music

    64 days.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  16. #591
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: New Music

    After 4,864 days, we have a new Tool album. I'm listening now. Will take many times through to fully digest it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts