+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 110 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast

The Howard Stern Thread

Post all things Howard here even if you hate him, but this is intended for the fans of him here that are looking foward to his move to Sirius and all the hoopla leading up to January 9th.

He will be on quite a media blitz the next couple weeks. It kind of started with Letterman, but picks up this Sunday with him on 60 Minutes.

Previews of 60 minutes here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...n1090737.shtml

Here's his appearance schedule from his site:

http://www.howardstern.com/

HOWARD'S APPEARANCE SCHEDULE

Television
    #60 Minutes - Sunday, December 4
    #The Today Show - Tuesday, December 6 AND Wednesday, December 7
    # Saturday Night Live - TBA (Probably Dec 10-based on what he's been saying on his show)
    # The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - TBA
    # The O'Reilly Factor - TBA
    # Larry King Live - TBA

Print
    # Newsweek - TBA(soon though)
    # Esquire - TBA (soon though)
    Spring Training is just around the corner!

Re: The Howard Stern Thread

funny how Jackie the Joke Man's career took a tumble after he left the show.

NYYF Legend

Happy Birthday Howard!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Mist
    funny how Jackie the Joke Man's career took a tumble after he left the show.
    Haven't heard much from him since. He was offered more money than what Artie currently gets. It was funny hearing the old tracks (couple weeks ago) of Jackie cackling after Robin reads a tragic newstory.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    Haven't heard much from him since. He was offered more money than what Artie currently gets. It was funny hearing the old tracks (couple weeks ago) of Jackie cackling after Robin reads a tragic newstory.
    I really, really miss Howard in the morning. I'm gonna get Sirius.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    yeah I heard Stern said he had no idea what they offered Jackie, and was even more shocked when he turned it down. I think they said it was like 4 to 5 million a year for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Mist
    yeah I heard Stern said he had no idea what they offered Jackie, and was even more shocked when he turned it down. I think they said it was like 4 to 5 million a year for 4 years.
    I think it was closer to $1M per/yr. That is great money for a radio gig, especially when you're not even the #1 guy. Artie said he gets about $750K, but it bumps up another 1/2M with appearances and stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by #1PaFan
    I just got it and like it so far. The Howard 100 News is entertainment by itself.

NYYF Legend

Can't wait to get Sirius for my birthday!!

Also, check www.marksfriggin.com
    It's a daily rundown of howards show, great site.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    Can't wait to get Sirius for my birthday!!

Also, check www.marksfriggin.com
    It's a daily rundown of howards show, great site.
    Yeah, that's a great site. He does an awesome job recapping all the stuff of the day. It's not word for word, or anything, but it's the most in-depth recap you'll find (it's better than HowardStern.com's review.)

NYYF Legend

Howard Stern is a weenie. He talks and says the same crap, he's decent when discussing global issues and gives his insight into things and when he actually gives interviews, then he's like "Whoa, dose are some nice boobs." and it's retarded. O-Rock 105.9 will be better off without him.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
    Howard Stern is a weenie. He talks and says the same crap, he's decent when discussing global issues and gives his insight into things and when he actually gives interviews, then he's like "Whoa, dose are some nice boobs." and it's retarded. O-Rock 105.9 will be better off without him.
    Well, some of us here want to hear 'bout those nice Boobs! We happily married guys, anyway!

Life is good

I happen to be an Opie and Anthony fan. However, satellite is the place for both shows. With the FCC as it is, neither show can be as good as it could be on AM/FM. I already have XM so I won't be adding Sirius, but I anticipate the old good Stern to return Jan. 9.
    you are your own happiness

NYYF Legend

Well, some of us here want to hear 'bout those nice Boobs! We happily married guys, anyway!
    You got that right
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz
    You got that right
    What? There's boobs on Stern? No way!

I feel bad for John Melendez. He goes from being Stern's bitch to being Leno's bitch. At least Stern is funny at times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

NYYF HOF

Stern still has his moments, but his constant whining got so freaking old after a while. The last show I listened to (about 4-5 months ago) was on my way to work and for the entire 1/2 hour it takes me to get coffee and park all I heard was how working in the current FCC climate sucked, and he was restrained and specifically targeted by teh FCC and such. It may be very well true but get on with show you asshat! I'll admit that I am an O&A fan, however Howard did basically invent (or at least further the genre further than anyone else) the "shock" radio genre; but his constant whining over the stealing of his ideas and the FCC; both valid complaints I agree but every day...come on.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast
    Stern still has his moments, but his constant whining got so freaking old after a while. The last show I listened to (about 4-5 months ago) was on my way to work and for the entire 1/2 hour it takes me to get coffee and park all I heard was how working in the current FCC climate sucked, and he was restrained and specifically targeted by teh FCC and such. It may be very well true but get on with show you asshat! I'll admit that I am an O&A fan, however Howard did basically invent (or at least further the genre further than anyone else) the "shock" radio genre; but his constant whining over the stealing of his ideas and the FCC; both valid complaints I agree but every day...come on.
    could I interest you in some egg nog?

I agree that it is tiring, but if his show doesn't pick up on Jan. 9 when he's on Sirius, I'd be surprised. I'm no big fan of Stern either, but shows like his and O&A (which I listen to as well) belong on Satellite.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    could I interest you in some egg nog?
    I've never puked listening to a radio shwo but I was really close when Pat and Eric started to lose it, I was at work and slamming water trying to keep it down
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

Life is good

I've never puked listening to a radio shwo but I was really close when Pat and Eric started to lose it, I was at work and slamming water trying to keep it down
    I ended up taping the show as I can't get reception in my building but it was very hard listening at that point!

Guinness for Strength! Boogiedown Bomber's Avatar

I tried to TiVo it but I forgot. Wasn't it a close finish?

As for Stern, he was funny back in the 90s. Yeah, after his divorce, he was funny again, but that only lasted a while. Maybe he'll be vintage Stern once he goes on Sirius.

The 60 Minutes interview was cool. The look on Ed Bradley's face when he was promoting "Tissue Time with Heidi" was hilarious.

NYYF Legend

I got it already. It's so much better being able to hear the music you want when you want without the all out advertising assault, forget about Howard. One of the coolest things about Howard being on Sirius is that you can hear his show througout the day so you can hear stuff you missed in the morning...that's awesome.
    Dem ol' grimy Jets...

Quote Originally Posted by PlsDontTearDownY.S.
    I got it already. It's so much better being able to hear the music you want when you want without the all out advertising assault, forget about Howard. One of the coolest things about Howard being on Sirius is that you can hear his show througout the day so you can hear stuff you missed in the morning...that's awesome.
    So they deinitely will be replaying his show throughout the day? I haven't really gotten a definitive answer on that. I figure they have to play something on those 2 channels 24/7. The west coast listeners will now be able to hear the entire show live from start to finish starting at 3am or tune into the other channel at 6am and listen to the tape delay version we've had out here for years.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I hope he gets better on Sirius because right now his show is not entertaining. I stopped listening in the middle of '04 when all he talked about was Bush going after him (sounded very paranoid) for 3 months straight. I agree with him that the FCC is ruining radio and in essence promoting satelitte radio. I just hope that Sirius didn't sign a death sentance by giving him half a billion dollars. Acutally I don't care - I have and love XM.

Thread Information