View Poll Results: Do you approve of the league constitution?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar

Re: NYYFans.Com Fantasy Baseball League Constitution

OK it's 11-0 so it's passed. Thanks everyone - you don't know how many hours I slaved at this document before I sent it to E to put up on the forum. Makes all my hard work pay off for once.
    2014 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball : Miko's Marauders
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012 & 2014 Gehrig Division Champs!!!
    2013 & 2014 NYYFans Fantasy Champjon

Rest in Peace Pete!

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

if I'd known miko was involved i would have voted no
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders
    if I'd known miko was involved i would have voted no
    Don't worry, he had nothing to do with it,
    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's
    2016 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball League Champjons

Hey I bumped this up for reference purposes. I can't find the extra info on the CBS site. Just the basic league settings.

Are we still accurate on this?

NYYF Legend

Do i get a vote in the poll above ? :-)

It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

I'm back in the league and all now, but looks like the Constitution wasn't followed. DAMN COMMIES!

XIV. ABANDONED TEAMS: We hope that we have 20 active owners. Should an owner
    become inactive, and their inactivity becomes a detriment to the league, the
    league, by a 3/5 vote may declare a team to be abandoned. A team should only be
    considered abandoned if there has been no activity to their team for at least
    four weeks, and they have been receiving penalties as described in XIII (see
    above), for the same amount of time. Simply not making roster changes to a
    healthy team will not be enough to declare a team abandoned. Should a team be
    declared abandoned, and every avenue for contacting the missing owner has been
    exhausted, then a new owner may be found for the abandoned team. If the original
    owner comes back, they will be given control of their team again. If they do not
    come back by the time the playoffs begin, the replacement owner will become the
    new permanent owner of the franchise.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    I'm back in the league and all now, but looks like the Constitution wasn't followed. DAMN COMMIES!
    I told you guys he'd find that.

Amendments to the League Constitution as voted by the members [deletions are in brackets], additions are underlined and everything changed is in blue.

There are also two other changes: the time period for waivers and to vote on trades has been reduced to TWO DAYS, although this time period is not listen in the Constitution.

------------------------------------------

V. ROSTERS: Each team may consist of not more than 30 players, divided as
    follows: 17 active players, [4] 5 reserve (bench) players, 4 injured (DL) players
    and [5] 6 minor-league players. The active roster shall consist of:

(1) Catcher
    (1) First Basemen
    (1) Second Basemen
    (1) Shortstop
    (1) Third Basemen
    (3) Outfielders
    (1) Utility player
    (5) Starting Pitchers
    (3) Relief Pitchers

VII. DRAFT: The league drafts [21] 22 major league players. The draft shall be held
    at least one week before the regular season begins at a time that is agreeable
    to at least 75% of the league owners. The league uses a live, serpentine draft.
    The order of the draft shall be determined by the previous yearís points earned.
    The team with the #1 pick in the first round will be the team that earned the
    most points that did not make the playoffs. The team with the #2 pick in the
    first round will be the team that earned the second most points that did not
    make the playoffs. This will continue through all returning teams. Any expansion
    teams will be slotted after the returning non-playoff teams. Playoff teams will
    be slotted as follows: First round loser with the least points, #15. First round
    loser with the most points, #16. The second round loser with the least points
    will be seeded #17. Second round loser with the most points, #18. Championship
    loser will be seeded at #19. The Champion will be seeded #20.

VII. KEEPERS: All returning teams are allowed to keep up to [five (5)] six (6) players
    from their previous seasonís roster. The penalty for keeping a player is that he
    must be drafted two rounds higher than he was drafted the previous season. A
    player may only be kept 3 times. Example: A player is drafted in 2002. He is
    kept in 2003, 2004 and 2005. In 2006, the player is returned to the general
    draft. Players who are traded after being kept, retain their ëcontractí. Using
    the above example, if the player was kept for the third time in the 2005 draft
    and traded mid-season that year, he is ineligible to be kept by his new club.
    Players claimed as undrafted free agents can be kept in the [20th (or next-to-
    last)] 22nd (or last)
    round. Minor leaguers who are being kept with a major league keeper
    because they used up their minor league eligibility can be kept in the [21st (or
    last)] 22nd (or last)
    round.

We should also discuss this from Rule VI:

The draft shall be held at least one week before the regular season begins at a time that is agreeable to at least 75% of the league owners.
    I don't think we've been following the 'at least one week' requirement. Should be eliminate it?

All changes are Ok with me and I'm fine with eliminating the one week draft line. Not needed.

NYYF Cy Young

We should also discuss this from Rule VI:

I don't think we've been following the 'at least one week' requirement. Should be eliminate it?
    Gone...

I would also like to clarify the language surrounding minor leaguers, FAs and eligibility:

Following the draft, only players who were on a major league roster at the end of the previous season (including the DL) and have used up their rookie eligibility may be signed as free agents until the minor league draft finishes. Any player who was in the minor leagues at the end of the previous season and retains their rookie eligibility may not be signed as a free agent until after the minor league draft concludes.
    This ostensibly does not cover a scenario where a player was on a major league roster at the end of the previous season but has NOT reached 50IP or 130AB.

I think we should clarify that language to say that no player who has fewer than 50IP or fewer than 130ABs can be picked up between the conclusion of the major league draft and the conclusion of the minor league draft.

I would also like to clarify the language surrounding minor leaguers, FAs and eligibility:

This ostensibly does not cover a scenario where a player was on a major league roster at the end of the previous season but has NOT reached 50IP or 130AB.

I think we should clarify that language to say that no player who has fewer than 50IP or fewer than 130ABs can be picked up between the conclusion of the major league draft and the conclusion of the minor league draft.
    To be somewhat pedantic, that wording would exclude virtually all FA batters (since they have fewer than 50 IP) and a large number of FA pitchers (since most of them have fewer than 130 ABs.) Might want to say no pitcher with fewer than 50 IP or batter with fewer than 130 ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    To be somewhat pedantic, that wording would exclude virtually all FA batters (since they have fewer than 50 IP) and a large number of FA pitchers (since most of them have fewer than 130 ABs.) Might want to say no pitcher with fewer than 50 IP or batter with fewer than 130 ABs.
    Somewhat pedantic?

Need to update:

1. FA/mL draft eligibility
    2. International Free Agent signings before start of the season
    3. Trade Thread Deadline
    4. Keeper/Bench/DL increases
    5. Addition of round

Somewhat pedantic?
    Hey, you're the lawyer. You want E to have that loophole in his back pocket down the line?

I have added the updated Constitution to CBS. As of now I've modified the time for making mL picks to 18 hours, pending a final resolution via the poll.

Thread Information