+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 29 69 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 1977
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Official America's Team Analysis Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Have they won a playoff game at the Jerrydome or whatever it's called?
    They beat the Lions in January 2015 at home.

But I think that is one of just 2 playoff wins in the last 18 years for the Cowboys.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    They beat the Lions in January 2015 at home.

But I think that is one of just 2 playoff wins in the last 18 years for the Cowboys.
    3-9 in the playoffs since Dallas won Super Bowl 30.
    But Jerry still thinks next year......

So, is Romo kept as a very expensive backup, released, or traded?

Isn't there a deadline (for cap reasons) coming up in a couple of months?

NYYF Legend

I'd be shocked if Romo isn't traded before the draft.

NYYF Legend

Not that it means much but what a joke that Garrett was awarded the coach of the year. Good job getting the team into another 1st round flameout.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Not that it means much but what a joke that Garrett was awarded the coach of the year. Good job getting the team into another 1st round flameout.
    Isn't it like baseball where the voting is all done before the playoffs?

I mean he did lead his team to the best record in the NFC after losing his QB in preseason with a rookie 4th round draft choice QB.

Isn't it like baseball where the voting is all done before the playoffs?

I mean he did lead his team to the best record in the NFC after losing his QB in preseason with a rookie 4th round draft choice QB.
    Yes, it's a regular season award.

I'd be shocked if Romo isn't traded before the draft.
    Jets?

NYYF Legend

You guys are a real buzzkill. Just want to sit in my corner being a pissed off, irrational Cowboys fan after a devastating end to the season and you guys have to apply logic to it. Thanks for nothing.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Jets?
    Texans or Broncos makes the most sense.

Other possibilities
    Dolphins (if they are cutting bait on Tanehill), or Minnesota (if they cut ties with Bradford and Bridgewater won't be ready)

If a rebuilding team thinks they are closer to contending than they really are, Jets, 49ers, Jaguars, Bills, Cleveland are all possibilities.

NYYF Legend

But one of the negatives with Romo is his age, his back, and his inability to stay healthy recently even though he has played behind one of the best O-lines in the league. Not to mention that I fully expect Jerry to want an unrealistic return if a deal for Romo is to be made.

NYYF Legend

But one of the negatives with Romo is his age, his back, and his inability to stay healthy recently even though he has played behind one of the best O-lines in the league. Not to mention that I fully expect Jerry to want an unrealistic return if a deal for Romo is to be made.
    Yeah the teams I mention are teams that are in "win now mode" who need a short term QB fix.

Jerry has a limited number of teams to deal with, if he asks too much he'll have a very expensive backup QB next year.

Kind of like how the 49ers could have shipped Kaepernick to Denver last spring if they didn't cheap out.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Jets?
    I'm sure Sanchez will be available for a 2nd rounder.

NYYF Legend

One day the Cowboys are going to keep Romo, the next they are releasing him, and finally now they are going to try to trade him. And just an hour into the free agent frenzy, after losing Leary, Church, and McClain, the Cowboys appear to be at their dysfunctional best.

One day the Cowboys are going to keep Romo, the next they are releasing him, and finally now they are going to try to trade him. And just an hour into the free agent frenzy, after losing Leary, Church, and McClain, the Cowboys appear to be at their dysfunctional best.
    I honestly don't think he has any trade value- not at $14 million. He's a 37 year old QB making crazy money- at least compared to his playing time.

Jerry needs to cut Romo. Then, he can negotiate his own deal with another team, which will be a fraction of his $14 million and probably incentive based.

NYYF Legend

if only the Cowboys were on the Romo hook for 14 million, that would be a bargain.
    Another day goes by and another starter from the secondary, Wilcox, leaves. Dallas defense was far from superior but I think that the Cowboys mentality of piecing it together on the fly is one of the reasons why the defense has not been a strength over the past several years. And as a dedicated Cowboys fan who does not miss a game, why there is so much love for Jeff Heath is far beyond me.

NYYF Legend

Nothing like losing virtually the entire starting secondary to get the free agent season started. Though Claiborne had his moments, which were practically all last year, he just never lived up to his 1st round pick nor the Cowboys expectations.

NYYF Legend

The Tony Romo era, debate, discussion all came to an abrupt end as he retires and will eventually end up in the CBS booth as an analyst. I am a fan of Romo and I always appreciated that he gave his all to the team, playing with injuries, and though he was a QB that took risks, they did not always work out, he still tried his best to win. The Cowboys apparently are going to designate him a post June 1st release which will cost the team $10.7 million this year and $8.9 million next year in cap space.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowb...the-most-sense

Kinda surprised he didn't sign with Denver or Houston, but he knows his body best and we all get the benefit of Phil Simms being fired.

NYYF Legend

Good grief, going last year 13-3 sure did not help the Cowboys in 2017 as they have a rugged schedule. Playing the AFC West with the Packers, Seahawks, and Cardinals thrown into the mix as well. Dak and the boys had better be ready for this upcoming season.

NYYF Legend

I sure hope that the Cowboys can find some secondary help picking so low in the draft. With this off season, an already shaky secondary has gotten a lot worse with the defections and the Cowboys really are hurting there.

I sure hope that the Cowboys can find some secondary help picking so low in the draft. With this off season, an already shaky secondary has gotten a lot worse with the defections and the Cowboys really are hurting there.
    Seems like a deep draft for DB's. USAToday has USC's Adoree Jackson (CB) being selected by the Cowboys. He would be the projected 6th CB/S taken in the first round.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...sky/100908844/

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Seems like a deep draft for DB's. USAToday has USC's Adoree Jackson (CB) being selected by the Cowboys. He would be the projected 6th CB/S taken in the first round.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...sky/100908844/
    Even the Cowboys website thought that Jackson might be available but he instead went to the Titans at 18. I was really hoping that the Cowboys would go after a CB/S but I guess they believed that anybody who could be an immediate help was gone. The Cowboys other critical need was finding a player who can help with their abysmal pass rush and hopefully Taco Charlton can help address that. Charlton seems like a solid pick and it's too bad that the ALA LB Foster has the extra baggage as he seems like a good addition but with the headache that is Randy Gregory, there was no way Dallas was going that route in the first round.

NYYF Legend

What a tremendous job by Drew Pearson tonight as he embraced the philly hate and gave it back to the philly fans full force. How About Them Cowboys!!!!

NYYF Legend

It would be nice if Ezekiel Elliott would get all the off field nonsense under control. You would think that someone who has been under investigation by the NFL for a domestic issue would keep a low profile. But instead, getting into altercations in clubs and getting 100 mph speeding tickets is the way to keep yourself on that radar. So stupid.

Thread Information