+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28 68 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 1973

Re: The Official America's Team Analysis Thread

I'm watching the Cowboys-Eagles game.

Romo looked like his old self, which is very good. And I think he was yanked after one successful series. Then in comes the Sanchize, who also looked like his old self- which is not good. And he has stayed in the game.

It's strange, because I figured that Romo would be the backup QB in the playoffs and could use the game reps. It's the beginning of the 4th quarter so maybe Romo might get back in.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Romo will be in Denver next year, right?

Cowboys fans, are you rooting for the Giants or Packers?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

Denver is the most logical destination.

As for who I am rooting for, whoever, it doesnt matter. I subscribe to be careful what/who you wish for. Green Bay is hot right now and are not the same team that Dallas beat earlier in the year. The Giants beat the Cowboys twice, but both games were a coin flip and could have easily gone either way. Dall/GB would be a shootout and Dall/NYG will be another low scoring game.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post

As for who I am rooting for, whoever, it doesnt matter. I subscribe to be careful what/who you wish for. Green Bay is hot right now and are not the same team that Dallas beat earlier in the year. The Giants beat the Cowboys twice, but both games were a coin flip and could have easily gone either way. Dall/GB would be a shootout and Dall/NYG will be another low scoring game.
    I'm betting Fox/NBC is rooting for GB/Dal.

NYYF Legend

If Dallas goes out and lays an egg in the playoffs, I am not convinced that Romo will be dealt next year. If anything, it will only reignite the entire who should be starting QB debate and be a firestorm going into 2017.
    I too am not rooting for a particular team to be the Cowboys opponent in 2 weeks. The fact is, whatever team it is, they will have an elite QB (Manning, Rodgers, or Stafford) capable of knocking you out of the playoffs. The Cowboys have to just go out and play their game without making stupid mistakes being the norm.

Yup, since they do not generate turnovers, they must avoid turning over the ball and stay away from the drive extending/drive killing idiotic penalties they are prone to.

I'm not good at dissecting salary cap figures. But Ryan Fitzpatrick made $12 million this season. Couldn't the Jets absorb Romo's contract?

And can the Cowboys afford to keep Romo until an ideal trade partner surfaces? Or are they under a deadline to trade or cut him before a huge roster bonus is due?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

I'm thinking Chicago. Didn't Romo play for Eastern Illinois in his college days?

Gregory....was he popped for weed or some kind of PED?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Gregory....was he popped for weed or some kind of PED?
    Marijuana which he refuses, despite it killing his career, to stop using. The latest incident was due to him missing a mandated drug test which he skipped, missed, forgot, dog are his homework, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Marijuana which he refuses, despite it killing his career, to stop using. The latest incident was due to him missing a mandated drug test which he skipped, missed, forgot, dog are his homework, etc...
    NFLPA needs to revisit the rule allowing weed to result in a 1 year suspension for the next CBA. It made Ricky Williams retire, too. I wonder if MLB, NBA, and NHL has strong penalties for this, too?

Giants fans are wondering if there's any chance that Elliott can be suspended before they meet in the playoffs? J/K, but sometimes it seems that weed carries stronger penalties than DM.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    NFLPA needs to revisit the rule allowing weed to result in a 1 year suspension for the next CBA. It made Ricky Williams retire, too. I wonder if MLB, NBA, and NHL has strong penalties for this, too?

Giants fans are wondering if there's any chance that Elliott can be suspended before they meet in the playoffs? J/K, but sometimes it seems that weed carries stronger penalties than DM.
    The problem is, this is his 3rd suspension messing with the drug, so the 1 year only came after the previous 2 infractions. Not to mention, unless I am mistaken, his involvement with the drug at Nebraska, was one of the reasons why he was not a 1st round draft pick in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    The problem is, this is his 3rd suspension messing with the drug, so the 1 year only came after the previous 2 infractions. Not to mention, unless I am mistaken, his involvement with the drug at Nebraska, was one of the reasons why he was not a 1st round draft pick in the first place.
    I don't disagree.

More and more states are going to decriminalize it, or even legalize it. The problem is that it stays in the system for so long after smoking. It probably encourages a young athlete to do other drugs that clears out within a couple of days- going on the assumption these young athletes are going to party and go clubbing.

NYYF Legend

Now that the gnats and their boat trips have been shipwrecked, Dallas will have to deal with the hottest team in the league. One of the biggest reasons why I did not think this team would be able to win a Super Bowl this year was due to its defense. The Cowboys have struggled pretty much all year, with a few positive exceptions recently, with being able to put pressure on the QB. And if Dallas is unable to get to Rodgers, we will see another early exit.

Should be a fun game to watch, especially from a neutral viewing interest. It's hard to pick against Rodgers right now. Cowboys have to hope Zeke can run for 150+ and thus keep Rodgers off the field for more than 35 minutes. I can't see the Cowboys winning a shootout, but what do I know.

Any predictions on how well Dak will play in his first postseason game?

He's been exceeding my expectations all season, so my opinion should be discounted.

How well Dak plays will rely on how well Zeke runs the ball. They need to keep 2nd and 3rd downs under 5 yds. Dak has been successful all year because they have, for the most part, stayed out of 3rd and long situations. Move the chains, spread the ball around and dont try to force the ball to Dez. And Dez has to actually catch the balls thrown to him.

Looking at their game earlier in the year, Zeke ran for 157, and Dez was still sidelined.

Yup, since they do not generate turnovers, they must avoid turning over the ball and stay away from the drive extending/drive killing idiotic penalties they are prone to.

Drive killing idiotic penalties....check.

Tough loss, but didnt collapse. Dak once again impressed. 2 things stuck out. The horrible illegal substitition by Butler that negated a Williams big 1st down(which amounted to a 36yd penalty roughly) and the drive where they had a 1st and 10 about the GB 15 and didnt run Elliott once, 3 passes which resulted in a FG.

Oh well, good season, Need to get to work on the D and eventual successor for Witten

Well, Dak impressed me once again..could have easily panicked.

Very entertaining game and it was a very good season for you guys, all things considered.

What happens with Romo?

The Elliot spin move on Clay Matthews was insane. Can't say I'm sad to see the Cowboys lose, but only bright things ahead for you guys, at least for the next 3 years until Elliot and that line get worn down.

NYYF Legend

A couple seasons ago, after the Bryant "catch-no catch" game, I felt like it was the end of something. Murray was probably heading for free agency, Romo, injury prone and in a body older than his numeric age, I just wondered if that was supposed to be "the year".

With this loss, I feel like it's the start of something potentially great. They have playoff experience now and a core to build around. Nobody really knew what to expect going in to the season. Things are going to be ok.

NYYF Legend

I am not so sure about being ok for the future. Granted, having 2 rookies perform like this, especially so at such a key position like QB, the future does look bright. But I am not convinced that the current leadership has the ability to help carry this team through. In recent years, we now have seen this team twice be a number one seed, only to get bounced out after one home game. While the Cowboys did not play their best game, they sure did not help themselves with stupid plays and questionable play calls that yet again, Jason Garrett should answer to. Since 1996, the Dallas Cowboys have shown an inability to win when it matters most and until they quit playing not to lose and ignore playing to win, Dallas will continue to be a huge disappointment in the postseason.

Have they won a playoff game at the Jerrydome or whatever it's called?

Thread Information