+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 66 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 1974

Re: The Official America's Team Analysis Thread

Would someone please tell Jason Garrett that you are not suppose to call time out right before your own kicker is about to kick a potential game winner. Attempting to freeze your own kicker... *smacks head*

Congrats on the division Giants.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

We're coming for you Cowboys. Sincerely, NY Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    We're coming for you Cowboys. Sincerely, NY Giants.
    Meh, I am confident the Giants will give the division back to the Cowboys....but I am also confident the Cowboys will turn around and give it right back to the Giants. Winning the NFC East is not gonna be impressive whoever decides they want it.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    Meh, I am confident the Giants will give the division back to the Cowboys....but I am also confident the Cowboys will turn around and give it right back to the Giants. Winning the NFC East is not gonna be impressive whoever decides they want it.
    I see it the other way around. Giants will win in Dallas next week, then blow either the Washington or Jets game, then routinely suck at home in week 17 giving you guys the division.

I am looking at the positive of yesterdays loss in Arizona. They fared better than their last trip there. last time they left with a broken finger for Romo and a broken foot for Matt McBriar. I am amazed at what a different team this team is without Miles Austin. Just double Witten, Dez can not separate from anyone. The only one playin anywhere worth a damn is Laurent Robinson. The OL is back to letting pass rushers smack Romo around. If they Giants pass rushers play like they did against GB, Giants win by 17+

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    My prediction has held true, next week will determine which team wants it the less least..

NYYF Legend

Another year of tough talk out of Dallas and another pre-season filled with critical penalties. I am so sick of seeing this team shoot itself in the foot with stupid, preventable penalties.

It was a great night......

Quote Originally Posted by texasyankee View Post
    It was a great night......
    it sure was..

i've got a spring in my step today. these scab refs need to go however.

NYYF Legend

I figure after about 4 years, it was time to get this thread going again. After a great start, next weeks game in Pittsburgh is going to be a real test for a team whose real strength is its offense. As much as I want to believe that this team is a real contender for the Super Bowl, I just do not see how their defense will allow it. While they have not been awful like they were 2 years ago, they still cannot get consistent pressure on the QB and now with their secondary not fully healthy, I am not sure they have they ability to get far unless the offense keeps rolling. With that being said, the 2 900 pound gorillas in the room, is Romo and his health and how much of an influence Jerry will exert when he is 100 %, and the NFL investigation into Elliott and his domestic violence issues. Losing Elliott for an extended period of time would surely cripple the team at this point.

I hope Jerry and Jason Garrett got a close look at Big Ben yesterday. After issing 2+ weeks and not practicing, he was abysmal. What will Romo look like after 2+months of no practice

I totally forgot about Elliott's domestic violence mess. I'm guessing there's definitely a suspension coming and is the policy 6 games?

Whether my guess is accurate or not is anyone's guess. Predicting Goodell and the arbitrator's decisions have been a crap shoot.

NYYF Legend

Until a few weeks ago, I was convinced that when Romo got healthy that he should be the starter. Now that Prescott has done so well and shown the ability to lead this team, I have done a complete reversal. The one thing that I love about Dak is that he has shown the willingness to incorporate all the receivers on this team. Instead of relying totally on Dez each game, Dak has turned the different Cowboy WRs into potent weapons.......much to the chagrin of Bryant.
    Another thing about Bryant, all the bitching that he does about calls and not getting the ball thrown his way, I wish he just would catch the balls that do come his way. I thought that he had 2 drops vs the Browns and to me, an elite receiver has to make those catches.

I think Jerry ought to trade Romo AND Bryant right now and get high draft picks for each.
    Prescott has so many different players involved in the offense, they really don't need Bryant at this point.
    Bryant is nice to have, but not necessary.
    The draft choices would be much better suited for this team next season and the following season.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I think Jerry ought to trade Romo AND Bryant right now and get high draft picks for each.
    Prescott has so many different players involved in the offense, they really don't need Bryant at this point.
    Bryant is nice to have, but not necessary.
    The draft choices would be much better suited for this team next season and the following season.
    Besides the fact the the NFL trade deadline has already passed, why on earth would the Cowboys trade their best received when they are 7-1 and likely have super bowl aspirations at this point in time?

Now if you are talking off season that's an entirely different discussion.

NYYF Legend

I do not want to see Dez dealt either and as much as I say that I would like to see the Cowboys get something out of making a deal this off-season for Romo. I just do not see realistically what another team would give for an aging, injury prone, high dollar player.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I do not want to see Dez dealt either and as much as I say that I would like to see the Cowboys get something out of making a deal this off-season for Romo. I just do not see realistically what another team would give for an aging, injury prone, high dollar player.
    That's what Woody Johnson is pondering....

NYYF Legend

Nothing like going to Pittsburgh and coming out of there with a win. For as good as the offense played in the 2nd half, I 'm not sure why Garrett went away from Elliott after that long screen pass TD in the first half. I am all for giving Elliott some of the plays off but having him sit out for a series and a half seemed to stymie some of the offensive momentum that Dallas was building. Truthfully, the defense remains the Achilles heel as Big Ben could have played 18 holes of golf with the time he had in the pocket today.

Giants thought they were finally going to get a chance to make up a game. Cowboys look very good this season.

Romo can't come back soon enough. We need some controversy at Valley Ranch.

NYYF Legend

And when you compare it it to life, a football game is pretty insignificant, but you can't say enough good things about Dez Bryant and the way that he played a day after losing his father.

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Giants thought they were finally going to get a chance to make up a game. Cowboys look very good this season.

Romo can't come back soon enough. We need some controversy at Valley Ranch.
    I don't think there's going to be any controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Besides the fact the the NFL trade deadline has already passed, why on earth would the Cowboys trade their best received when they are 7-1 and likely have super bowl aspirations at this point in time?

Now if you are talking off season that's an entirely different discussion.
    Simply - the Cowboys don't need Dez Bryant. They got along just fine with him sitting out, injured. And I believe, more so in football, that you trade a player - like Bryant - before he has no value (better to trade 1 year early than 1 year late). It also gives that Cowboys more cap room (should they trade Romo and Bryant).

And yes - the deadline has passed. I thought they should have dealt both players at the deadline.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Simply - the Cowboys don't need Dez Bryant. They got along just fine with him sitting out, injured. And I believe, more so in football, that you trade a player - like Bryant - before he has no value (better to trade 1 year early than 1 year late). It also gives that Cowboys more cap room (should they trade Romo and Bryant).

And yes - the deadline has passed. I thought they should have dealt both players at the deadline.
    But Romo is only now getting healthy. Realistically, what could the Cowboys have gotten in return for an injured QB Who is 36 years old?

I could not disagree any more about trading Bryant. Yes, the Cowboys have shown that they can win without him this year. But when he is on the field, he makes the Cowboys all the more better. Opposing teams have to make stopping him a priority and if the don't, he has the ability to stretch the field and make game deciding plays. Using yesterday as an example, when the Steelers had to play him 1 on 1, as the rolled their coverage to the right side of the field, Bryant goes deep and the Cowboys turn a 3rd and 11, while losing the game, into a go-ahead TD of 50 yards

NYYF Legend

If ever there were a concession speech, it sure sounded like Tony Romo gave one today. Just from the tone of his voice and from the words he said, it sounds like Romo is headed for retirement. And if he ever takes a snap as the Cowboys QB, it will have to be because Dak was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    If ever there were a concession speech, it sure sounded like Tony Romo gave one today. Just from the tone of his voice and from the words he said, it sounds like Romo is headed for retirement. And if he ever takes a snap as the Cowboys QB, it will have to be because Dak was injured.
    Classy speech. I think he still has the desire and he certainly has a lot money he would be walking away from.

He'll be making too much money to be a backup. He'll be traded or cut, depending on the salary cap impact. If he's cut, he will be quickly resigned. I can think of a bunch of teams that would sign him at a lower salary.

Thread Information