+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 ... LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Re: The Official America's Team Analysis Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35
    I think he'll have a far better chance to succeed than Testaverde did because the play of the offensive line should be much improved. Additionally, Parcells has expressed regret at trying to get too fancy and trying to press the depleted offense to do more than it was capable of doing last year and will opt to call a much more steady diet of run plays. The depth at RB will make this more than feasible.
    Agreed. Fewer passes, a better O-line, Jones/Thomas/Barber in the backfield, plus a run-first offense equals a more consistent team...which should get Dallas in the playoffs.

I really thought Quincy Carter was headed in the right direction, despite his start as just another one of Jerry Jones' "intriguing prospects". It's too bad some other stuff got in the way.
    If by 'other stuff' you mean his lack of ability to throw a decent pass, then okay. Quincy never should have never made it to a starting role for any NFL team...he's a serviceable backup, nothing more.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tal Hawkins
    Agreed. Fewer passes, a better O-line, Jones/Thomas/Barber in the backfield, plus a run-first offense equals a more consistent team...which should get Dallas in the playoffs.

If by 'other stuff' you mean his lack of ability to throw a decent pass, then okay. Quincy never should have never made it to a starting role for any NFL team...he's a serviceable backup, nothing more.
    Cool. Tal, this is Nat. Nat, Tal. He's from Dallas. AND, from his profile, he's a Longhorn Fan.

Hey Tal, don't say I never did anything for you! Nat is a BIGTIME Cowboys fan. AND, a Longhorn Fan. I'm sure the PMs will be flying between you two this fall & winter.
    She's a fine young lady and a rabid fan; so much so that I allowed her to attend a game at the Hallowed Frozen Tundra this past Season. (How did she repay me? By NOT calling me. )

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by #1PaFan
    Cool. Tal, this is Nat. Nat, Tal. He's from Dallas. AND, from his profile, he's a Longhorn Fan.

Hey Tal, don't say I never did anything for you! Nat is a BIGTIME Cowboys fan. AND, a Longhorn Fan. I'm sure the PMs will be flying between you two this fall & winter.
    She's a fine young lady and a rabid fan; so much so that I allowed her to attend a game at the Hallowed Frozen Tundra this past Season. (How did she repay me? By NOT calling me. )

Thanks for the introduction to Nat, #1PaFan. I'll be sure to keep in touch with her...should be a great season for both the Cowboys and Longhorns.

Nat, any plans to attend a Cowboys game this year? Looks like the Boys will be in California 3 times...all within the first 4 weeks. I'm going to the Dallas/Philly game here at Texas Stadium on 10/9. I've only been to one game, the seats sucked and we lost to NYG...this time around we're splurging a little and will sit in the lower section.

NYYF Legend

(How did she repay me? By NOT calling me. )

You probably did too much to remember, but YOU did not call ME.
    NYYFFFL: Impact Litigators

NYYF Legend

Thanks for the introduction to Nat, #1PaFan. I'll be sure to keep in touch with her...should be a great season for both the Cowboys and Longhorns.

Nat, any plans to attend a Cowboys game this year? Looks like the Boys will be in California 3 times...all within the first 4 weeks. I'm going to the Dallas/Philly game here at Texas Stadium on 10/9. I've only been to one game, the seats sucked and we lost to NYG...this time around we're splurging a little and will sit in the lower section.
    The plan was to go to the Sunday night St. Louis game in Dallas on 1/1, but we're trying to change those plans to either the @ Giants game or the Monday night @ Eagles game. (I'm not in California during the school year. I was SO hoping that the San Diego game would fall over Christmas break. )

My first game was also a loss to the Giants. Second time around, they beat the Giants to clinch the playoffs. I'm sure you'll have better luck, too.

NYYF Legend

You probably did too much to remember, but YOU did not call ME.
    Well, I gave you my number too! AND who had the brilliant idea to stay in Appleton? Why didn't you just get a room in St. Paul?
    You & your brother missed out on a great steak dinner at Brett's!!! Not only would you have had a great & paid-for dinner, some of that Green Bay class might have permeated that slimy Crackboy soul of yours.
    Well, for whatever it matters, I still say a prayer to St. Vincent for you every night.

GO PACK GO!!!

The plan was to go to the Sunday night St. Louis game in Dallas on 1/1, but we're trying to change those plans to either the @ Giants game or the Monday night @ Eagles game. (I'm not in California during the school year. I was SO hoping that the San Diego game would fall over Christmas break. )

My first game was also a loss to the Giants. Second time around, they beat the Giants to clinch the playoffs. I'm sure you'll have better luck, too.
    I may have extra ticket(s) to the @ Giants game if your interested...im not sure exactly how many..it could be 1 or 2...you would have to sit by myself and my friend....he is a die-hard Giants fan, Im a Jets fan who would def be rooting for the Giants (I wish death upon Parcells )

it would definetly provide for some entertaining banter to say the least

NYYF Legend

Demarcus Ware

I hope you're watching, Ox.

NYYF Legend

Demarcus Ware
    He had a monster first half. And he should; he's a Drunkard!

NYYF Triple Crown

He had a monster first half. And he should; he's a Drunkard!
    Vin Diesel wipes with 40 grit sandpaper.

Demarcus Ware

I hope you're watching, Ox.

Uhhhh, yeah, I was watching. And, believe me, all I was thinking about the entire first half was how I was going to get crucified for what I said after the draft. Let's just say I've never been happier about being wrong and leave it at that.
    So now that I've taken back EVERYTHING I said about him, I hope he doesn't make me regret it. And, yes, I noticed that the "next" Charles Haley is also wearing #94. And I can't believe I'm gonna have to watch him pile up stats for the Drumbling Funkards...

NYYF MVP

DeMarcus Ware is the #1 topic of discussion on the radio here in Dallas...surprise, surprise, right? Patrick Crayton is another player getting a lot of pub today...I didn't watch all of last night's game, but from what I saw Ware is going to be a monster this year and Crayton could easily be the #1 or #2 wideout depending on how Glenn holds up.

NYYF Legend

Was Derek Ross discussed at all?

NYYF Legend

The Crackboys picked up Peerless Price. I kind of figured they would take a shot on him just to team him back up with Bledsoe.

NYYF MVP

The Crackboys picked up Peerless Price. I kind of figured they would take a shot on him just to team him back up with Bledsoe.
    I like this signing...should be of some help to Bledsoe's confidence, having played with Price before. I wonder if Keyshawn will be moved to 3rd on the depth chart, behind Glenn & Price...moving Crayton to 4th, and leaving Quincy Morgan out of a job. And, most importantly, they now have some depth at that position.

NYYF Legend

I like this signing...should be of some help to Bledsoe's confidence, having played with Price before. I wonder if Keyshawn will be moved to 3rd on the depth chart, behind Glenn & Price...moving Crayton to 4th, and leaving Quincy Morgan out of a job. And, most importantly, they now have some depth at that position.
    I'm sure you know Quincy Morgan is, indeed, now out of a job. I like this move, too. What I don't like is the bitterness I feel about releasing the dude we got for Antonio Bryant. That trade just became that much worse.

Here's a list of their recent and cut-day transactions:
    Signed S Willie Pile
    Acquired LB Scott Fujita from Kansas City for a 2006 sixth-round draft pick and a conditional 2007 pick
    Placed S Justin Beriault and LB Kalen Thornton on injured reserve

Released:
    RB Erik Bickerstaff
    DT Leonardo Carson
    S Rich Coady
    WR Tom Crowder
    TE Tony Curtis
    S Woody Dantzler
    RB Keylon Kincade
    K Nick Novak
    DE Eric Ogbogu
    LB Keith O'Neil
    TE Jeff Robinson
    TE Sean Ryan
    S Lynn Scott
    OL Matthew Tarullo
    OL Tyson Walter
    Waived-injured OT Kurt Vollers

A few of those guys have already been signed to the practice squad. A few of these moves make me uneasy. First, cutting Pro Bowl snapper Jeff Robinson and passing the long-snapping duties to rookie Jon Condo. I hope this works a lot better than when Hellestrae departed. If people didn't know how important a good long snapper was before then, they certainly learned. I assume Condo was given the nod because of his ability to contribute elsewhere on special teams. We'll see.

Secondly, cutting both Walter and Vollers. Both were singled out all summer for their abilities to play all along the line. I assumed there wouldn't be spots for both on the final roster, but cutting both when there are still doubts about the right tackle position?

NYYF MVP

I'm sure you know Quincy Morgan is, indeed, now out of a job. I like this move, too. What I don't like is the bitterness I feel about releasing the dude we got for Antonio Bryant. That trade just became that much worse.
    Yeah, I saw today that Quincy Morgan was released by the Cowboys...nothing that wasn't expected. Regarding the trade that brought Morgan here, at the time it happened I was on-board with it, but now I'm starting to think it was a bad move...I'm going to be pissed if Bryant has a good year in Cleveland.

Isn't Eric Ogbogu the guy in the Under Armour commercials? And please tell me they signed Woody Dantzler to the practice squad. Didn't Jeff Robinson have some health issues after he signed with Dallas? I know he was supposed to be one of the best deep snappers in the league, but if he's injury prone I'd rather see Condo get the start.

NYYF Legend

Yeah, I saw today that Quincy Morgan was released by the Cowboys...nothing that wasn't expected. Regarding the trade that brought Morgan here, at the time it happened I was on-board with it, but now I'm starting to think it was a bad move...I'm going to be pissed if Bryant has a good year in Cleveland.
    I was pissed at the time it happened. He had every reason to be pissed about the two "Parcells Guys" jumping ahead of him on the depth chart before he even got a chance. He definitely went through a "sophomore slump", but he showed during his rookie season and then after his trade to Cleveland that he's got the talent. I had no qualms drafting him for my fantasy team.

Isn't Eric Ogbogu the guy in the Under Armour commercials? And please tell me they signed Woody Dantzler to the practice squad. Didn't Jeff Robinson have some health issues after he signed with Dallas? I know he was supposed to be one of the best deep snappers in the league, but if he's injury prone I'd rather see Condo get the start.
    Eric "We Must Protect This House" Ogbogu... People are always asking him to say it. The entire team even egged him onto it after practice one day in camp. In fact, he signs his autograph "Eric Ogbogu PTH #90", PTH for "Protect This House."

As far as I have seen, Woody was not signed to the practice squad.

I know Jeff Robinson was out for the whole year his first year with the Cowboys, 2002, but he played in all 16 games every year before and after that. Plus, in his bit role as a goal line tight end, literally all he did was catch TD passes: 4 passes for 4 TDs in his 2 active years with the Cowboys. My
    brother and I always referred to him as "Jeff Robinson: All he does is catch touchdowns." Apparently, Parcells really likes Condo's special teams capabilities apart from his snapping. You know how Parcells likes guys who can contribute on special teams.

Looking ahead to 2009... RIyankee's Avatar

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][U][URL="http://reason.com/"]Reason Online[/URL]
    [URL="http://junkscience.com/"]Junk Science[/URL]
    [URL="http://reason.tv/"]Drew Carey Project[/URL][/U][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

I'm very comfortable with Ogbogu out there. Worst thing about all this is having to cut Bruce Thornton to make room for him.

Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar

Good luck Drew Bledsoe. Now that you're out of the AFC East, I can start rooting for you again.

Right up until the Super Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos

EDIT: I hate you guys.

Pick me. Choose me. Love me. SuperMario66's Avatar
    Just between I wish I could and I don't know

Okay, it would be really nice if I could actually watch this game.
    --Misti

Has anybody noticed we have a color option called "lemon chiffon?"

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario66
    Okay, it would be really nice if I could actually watch this game.
    Yeah fer realz. Stupid Giants. Stupid regional coverage. I kinda like watching the helmets move across the screen on GameCenter, though.

Anyway, we just scored from inside the red zone. 1st down from the SD 17, a rush for 2 yards. 2nd down, incomplete. 3rd down, penalty, and I thought, "well, crap, I guess it's gonna be the same old thing. Can't score from inside the red zone..." BUT I WAS WRONG!!! This is a new year, indeed.

Bledsoe has looked real good thus far

blown coverage by DeMarcus Ware...easy TD for McCardell

Thread Information