+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Auction League Questions

Quote Originally Posted by miko View Post
    So what if only one team bids on a player and try and low ball him. Does the player pull a Jermaine Dye and opt not to play at such a low salary?
    Yep, the player goes on the market, the team that bid on him gets a Red-0 rating, but other teams can make offers while he's available on the market. If 48 hours passes, he'll be a free agent when the season starts. At any time, another owner will be able to open bidding on him again, but he won't sign below a (hidden) value. But benchmark amounts are shown, so you get a decent idea of what it'll take.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmania View Post
    Yep, the player goes on the market, the team that bid on him gets a Red-0 rating, but other teams can make offers while he's available on the market. If 48 hours passes, he'll be a free agent when the season starts. At any time, another owner will be able to open bidding on him again, but he won't sign below a (hidden) value. But benchmark amounts are shown, so you get a decent idea of what it'll take.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Do the benchmarks show for every player that is up for bids?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

NYYF Legend

Do the benchmarks show for every player that is up for bids?

Sorry for asking so many questions.
    I think it's on their player information page, so you can click to access it. No problem with the questions, but I may be remembering incorrectly (and they may have changed some of the rules/format since I played). I think there's a walk-through on the website.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

I think it's on their player information page, so you can click to access it. No problem with the questions, but I may be remembering incorrectly (and they may have changed some of the rules/format since I played). I think there's a walk-through on the website.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Ya the walk through on the website is pretty much the same fonts and players as it was 5 years ago when I last looked at it - LOL.

Well the firewall here at work won't let me into the site claiming it is gambling.
    I am likely going to have to withdraw from the league.
    I can't even get into the gameday ritual thread.
    Looks like it is a bit over my head anyways.

NYYF Legend

Well the firewall here at work won't let me into the site claiming it is gambling.
    I am likely going to have to withdraw from the league.
    I can't even get into the gameday ritual thread.
    Looks like it is a bit over my head anyways.
    Are you sure? I mean, you managed to sign up okay. Maybe work will make an exception if you point out that it's not gambling?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Kicking the Grim Reaper's Ass Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

how do i get signed up?

Maybe work will fire me for playing fantasy baseball at work! LOL!

I tried a bunch of stuff - there must be an advertisement or something on there that the work computers doesn't like.

Where does it tell you what bonuses each player in your lineup would recveive????

Forum Regular

Hey guys, great news: If we choose to get a pre-paid NYY Fans league, which is normally $99.95, someone from GDR sent me a one-time-use coupon code for $20 off that price just to switch out NYY auction league over to GDR. How many owners do we have, Sax? When could we get moving on this? Let me know and I can send you that code.

NYYF Legend

E - go to gamedayritual.com, and select 'Signup' from the 'Welcome' page. Once you've done that, you should have an invite to join the league free of charge (I'm not sure, since I had to go through a different path to create the league. At no point should you have to make a payment.

Miko - the Lineup page isn't very useful until you have some players, but try http://www.gamedayritual.com/basebal...al.htm#Batting Order for details.

Costanza - very kind offer, but I've already made the payment, so sadly we missed out. Next year I'll hunt around for discounts first!

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Legend

So I joined the site - is there a league I should be looking for?

E - go to gamedayritual.com, and select 'Signup' from the 'Welcome' page. Once you've done that, you should have an invite to join the league free of charge (I'm not sure, since I had to go through a different path to create the league. At no point should you have to make a payment.

Miko - the Lineup page isn't very useful until you have some players, but try http://www.gamedayritual.com/basebal...al.htm#Batting Order for details.

Costanza - very kind offer, but I've already made the payment, so sadly we missed out. Next year I'll hunt around for discounts first!

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Sorry I have no invitations waiting for me....

NYYF Legend

I can re-send tonight, but perhaps someone who's received and accepted one can walk E through the process? As I say, I didn't have to take the same steps as the creator of the league.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Legend

I think I need my invite resent as well Sax. I used yanksphan as my username for the site. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    Sorry I have no invitations waiting for me....
    I think you have to make a profile first E.

Iowa Yankee

Maybe work will fire me for playing fantasy baseball at work! LOL!

I tried a bunch of stuff - there must be an advertisement or something on there that the work computers doesn't like.

Where does it tell you what bonuses each player in your lineup would recveive????
    I had this problem with the LoHud blog a few months back. If it is an ad problem, you can download AdBlock Plus for Firefox or Chrome and go in that way. The program will block the ad from even loading and should get you past the surf control...

Thanks man. We are on a network and only the IT dept can add or remove software.
    It is quite frustrating.

NYYF HOF

Thanks man. We are on a network and only the IT dept can add or remove software.
    It is quite frustrating.
    You could always install on your personal pc; copy over the program and any added system files; then create a simple script that registers any specific components. It's usually within policy, but kind of skirting that grey line between what your IT dept will "allow" and what you are "allowed" to do to a company owned pc.

I did make a profile...nothing was waiting for me...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    I did make a profile...nothing was waiting for me...
    Okay, let me know your GDR user ID and I can re-invite you from within the website.

Seems like no new sign-ups in the last couple of days. I suggest we open up the league to any other interested parties. Feel free to post or PM anyone you think would make a good addition - I may start a couple of new threads in the appropriate forums. We can play with 8, 10, 12, 14, or 16, but to get value for money, the more the merrier . . .

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Forum Regular

One thing to think about, Sax, with new owners it might be cool to set the FAB period to 4 days rather than 11, so players are thrown out there more frequently and there are more out there to bid on, so it keeps interest of all owners. I've seen owners either spend their wad right away and not even pay attention to day 5-11 or lose interest later just because of how long it is. I'm in two leagues and both are set at 4 days and 24 hour period that a player is on the market.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Costanza View Post
    One thing to think about, Sax, with new owners it might be cool to set the FAB period to 4 days rather than 11, so players are thrown out there more frequently and there are more out there to bid on, so it keeps interest of all owners. I've seen owners either spend their wad right away and not even pay attention to day 5-11 or lose interest later just because of how long it is. I'm in two leagues and both are set at 4 days and 24 hour period that a player is on the market.
    Thanks for pointing that out - worth considering, definitely. I was thinking that new users might be worried that they couldn't get online often enough to follow a very busy bidding process (I know I sometimes can't!) so that 48 hours would be more flexible. Anyone else have opinions?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Forum Regular

24 hours seems to be fine, because if you can only get on once a day, you're still fine. It's also good to know that your GM rating takes a negative hit by putting in last-second offers (I believe under 4 hours, not sure). In one league I'm in we actually don't allow any offers with less than an hour left. It's only an unwritten rule that we just follow out of courtesy, just in case someone couldn't get online for an hour or whatever.

NYYF HOF

Thanks for pointing that out - worth considering, definitely. I was thinking that new users might be worried that they couldn't get online often enough to follow a very busy bidding process (I know I sometimes can't!) so that 48 hours would be more flexible. Anyone else have opinions?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    I personally would like the 48 hrs for the flexibility; we all have reasons we couldn't jump on-line on any given day.

NYYF Legend

Invites re-sent within GDR.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Thread Information