+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 47 87 94 95 96 97 98 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2426

Thread: Boxing, anyone?

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Re: Boxing, anyone?

Will Manny Pacquiao be victorious in his final fight in his legendary boxing career? Or will Timothy Bradley create a Desert Storm to derail the Pacman?

Those questions will be answered in boxing's latest trilogy from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Llas Begas at 9 PM ET/6 PM PT tonight April 9 on HBO PPV.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

I hope Manny retires and stays retired. Time to focus on his political career. It's hard to imagine him going broke, after making $150 million vs Mayweather- yes, I know that he loses a big chunk of that via taxes, management, promotional, and training expenses. But boxers usually find a way.

His goal is a rematch against Floyd, but I don't see that happening. Nor does he deserve it.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    I hope Manny retires and stays retired. Time to focus on his political career. It's hard to imagine him going broke, after making $150 million vs Mayweather- yes, I know that he loses a big chunk of that via taxes, management, promotional, and training expenses. But boxers usually find a way.

His goal is a rematch against Floyd, but I don't see that happening. Nor does he deserve it.
    Him and his homophobia can go back to the Philippines. Loved watching him fight but he should retire.

I also hope Manny Pacquiao hangs up the gloves for good even when he's not voted for a senator seat in the Philippines.

Both Manny and Floyd Mayweather Jr. should stop their boxing careers. They're both going into the International Boxing Hall of Fame on top and it should be that way.

However, Manny should stay away from politics. Not only he is currently a representative for Sarangani province in the Philippines, he also has a basketball career in the Philippine Basketball Association with the Mahindra Enforcers as a playing coach.

Manny should focus more on basketball in his post-boxing life.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Him and his homophobia can go back to the Philippines. Loved watching him fight but he should retire.
    Manny has to retire and stay retired.

There will be no more good fights for him in his career since he will turn 38 in December and the last thing the Pacman wants to do is to keep on fighting.

He will severely tarnish his legendary boxing career if he keeps on fighting after the May elections in the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    Manny has to retire and stay retired.

There will be no more good fights for him in his career since he will turn 38 in December and the last thing the Pacman wants to do is to keep on fighting.

He will severely tarnish his legendary boxing career if he keeps on fighting after the May elections in the Philippines.
    He should have all of the money he needs, but there are still rumors of him donating/spending a lot of it at a fast pace. And he's lost a lot of his US endorsement income.

He can make a fortune fighting in Macau against less threatening opponents. If Amir Khan does well against Canelo, that would be a lucrative fight with little risk. Same with Danny Garcia and Adrien Broner- assuming that Golden Boy and Top Rank/Al Haymon can work together. He should stay far away from Terrance Crawford, though.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Both Amir Khan and Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez make weight for their 155-lb. catchweight fight for the WBC Middleweight (160 lb.) title tonight from Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena on HBO PPV 9 PM ET/6 PM PT.
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...bout-las-vegas

This is the most prestigious boxing date of the year. We've been treated to highly promoted Mayweather fights in the past.

In this first year of his retirement, the star power has definitely dropped. Imo, Pacquiao should have headlined tonight's card, but I guess Golden Boy beat Top Rank to the date.

Khan is not a PPV headliner and doesn't have knock out power that fans crave. Although Canelo is wildly popular in Mexico, he should at least fight against someone his own size. This would have been a very good fight on HBO World Championship Boxing.

Hard to predict the PPV numbers tonight, but there will be a definite drop off.

ODDS:

Canelo: -$550
    Khan: +$375

This is the most prestigious boxing date of the year. We've been treated to highly promoted Mayweather fights in the past.

In this first year of his retirement, the star power has definitely dropped. Imo, Pacquiao should have headlined tonight's card, but I guess Golden Boy beat Top Rank to the date.

Khan is not a PPV headliner and doesn't have knock out power that fans crave. Although Canelo is wildly popular in Mexico, he should at least fight against someone his own size. This would have been a very good fight on HBO World Championship Boxing.

Hard to predict the PPV numbers tonight, but there will be a definite drop off.

ODDS:

Canelo: -$550
    Khan: +$375
    Seeing Amir Khan moving up in weight to face Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez could be disastrous for Khan.

Khan may have the handspeed and footwork over Canelo, but Canelo has the thudding power and can break Khan's glass chin completely.

Unless I see Khan pull a Josesito Lopez stunning knockout when he broke Victor Ortiz's jaw, Canelo is going to romp him.

I hope if Canelo wins and 'Triple G' Gennady Golovkin wins his next fight, I hope those two square off.

Amir Khan's glass chin was exposed yet again.

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez retains his WBC Middleweight title after a Sixth Round Knockout over Khan.

What a vicious knockout by boxing's rising star!

Khan was keeping Canelo at bay with his footwork, speed and quickness, but once Canelo got his power play and his timing going, it hurt Khan.

Khan was rocked with a big left hook in Round 6 and Canelo finished him with a nasty looping counter right hand.

Khan is still down, dazed and confused.

Canelo's knockout is my candidate for Knockout of 2016 so far. Wow!

Khan still getting some ZZZZZs on the canvas.

Is Triple G next for Canelo?

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor. Boxing vs MMA. Will it happen?

Speaking on his podcast The Herd, Cowherd said that the fight is definitely going ahead and the news will be made public in a couple of weeks’ time.

“News I believe is gonna break here in about 2 weeks…I have already booked two rooms, September 17th and 18th in Las Vegas. My intel is Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. It changed late last week. I got a call then somebody else sent me something [Sunday] and Saturday. We’ve booked rooms in Vegas. [It’s happening] this September.”

http://www.craziestsportsfights.com/...-in-september/

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor. Boxing vs MMA. Will it happen?

http://www.craziestsportsfights.com/...-in-september/
    Well, this isn't the first time I've seen a Boxing vs. MMA fight. Ray Mercer knocked out Tim Sylvia and Randy Couture forced James Toney to submit via the arm-triangle choke.

Well, this isn't the first time I've seen a Boxing vs. MMA fight. Ray Mercer knocked out Tim Sylvia and Randy Couture forced James Toney to submit via the arm-triangle choke.
    The previous ones were more of a circus side show. This would be a serious rating bonanza and would definitely break 1 million PPV buys.

For MMA, I'm guessing that it will easily set a new record, especially with the UFC's track record of having high quality undercards. Yes, I'm assuming that this will be a boxer crashing a MMA card, and not the other way around.

RIP to 'I am The Greatest' Muhammad Ali
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more...a9I&srcref=rss

Back in the ring: Manny Pacquiao to return to boxing this fall
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ight-las-vegas

Back in the ring: Manny Pacquiao to return to boxing this fall
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ight-las-vegas
    I never believed for a minute that he was retired.

Adrien Broner would have done a good job in promoting the fight, but he hasn't earned a shot at Pac, imo. I'm curious as to how much he money he demanded?

I never believed for a minute that he was retired.

Adrien Broner would have done a good job in promoting the fight, but he hasn't earned a shot at Pac, imo. I'm curious as to how much he money he demanded?
    Now Manny says he has no plans for a fight right now due to his senatorial duties in the Philippines.
    http://manilastandardtoday.com/sport...t-for-now.html

This will be a tougher balancing act for the Pacman if he does fight either October 29 or November 5 in Las Vegas.

As for his possible fight opponent, Manny might move down to 140 and take on Ukrainian Viktor Postol who currently holds the WBC title or Terence Crawford the WBO title where those two will take on each other on July 23 inside the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Adrian Broner wanted more money according to Bob Arum.

Deontay Wilder takes on Chris Arreola in a heavyweight fight on Fox, shortly. This is an excellent fight for free television.

This is the kind of fight that I usually try to watch live- tickets are cheap enough, but the fight is important enough to command national media attention.

Deontay Wilder takes on Chris Arreola in a heavyweight fight on Fox, shortly. This is an excellent fight for free television.

This is the kind of fight that I usually try to watch live- tickets are cheap enough, but the fight is important enough to command national media attention.
    What a performance from Deontay Wilder who almost stopped Chris Arreola with one good arm.

Arreola took the fight on short notice and fell to 0-3 in Heavyweight title fights.

Manny Pacquiao defeated Jessie Vargas via unanimous decision for the WBO welterweight title in his return fight.

Now, a result that stunned the T-Mobile Arena crowd tonight.

Andre 'S.O.G.' Ward outlasted Sergey Kovalev 114-113 x3 to win the WBA (Undisputed), IBF, and WBO light heavyweight titles despite being knocked down in Round 2.

I had it 114-113 for Kovalev with Round 10 being the closest round as Ward piled on late after Kovalev won the first six rounds.

NYYF Triple Crown

My boy Kovalev got robbed. Smh.

Cinco de Mayo weekend 2017: The Battle for Mexico.

WBO light middleweight titleholder Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez will take on former WBC middleweight champion 'La Leyenda Continua' Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. inside Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena this Saturday on HBO PPV, 9 PM ET/6 PM PT.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sp...b1oun0hyuq9eyt

I'm going with Canelo via TKO 8th round.

NYYF Triple Crown

I'm not going to pay to watch it but I'm still looking forward to it.

I totally want to see a Canelo upset. Underdog for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I'm not going to pay to watch it but I'm still looking forward to it.

I totally want to see a Canelo upset. Underdog for the win.
    You didn't miss anything.

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez vaporized Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. en route to a lopsided unanimous decision victory, 120-108 x3.

A disgraceful showing from Chavez Jr.

Canelo and 'Triple G' Gennady Golovkin also announced that they will face each other on September 16.
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ite-determined

Thread Information