+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Pick me. Choose me. Love me. SuperMario66's Avatar
    Just between I wish I could and I don't know

Are you obsessed with Starbucks?

I just realized that I am totally obsessed with Starbucks coffee. Anyone else have that problem? Is there another place that you prefer to get your coffee?
    --Misti

Has anybody noticed we have a color option called "lemon chiffon?"

NYYF Legend

There is a little place on Maiden Lane in Manhattan called"Klatch"
    that looks like it belongs in Park Slope or the Heights.

Its my favorite.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Death to Starbucks.
    NYYFFFL: Impact Litigators

I can't afford Starbucks.

If I get coffee out, I usually go to Sev (7-11)

Dunkin Donuts is too weak.

NYYF Legend

No way. Black, 2 sugars and Cafe con Leche is 75 cents to a dollar at the bakery. They can keep their six dollar mocha late javas.
    It's El Vesuvio for me.
    Dem ol' grimy Jets...

I'm hopelessly addicted to non-fat iced cafe lattes. Espresso rules.

Anyway, not only Starbucks itself, but Barnes & Noble, who serve Starbucks coffee. I can't go into that store anymore without going to the cafe.

Originally posted by Trish
    If I get coffee out, I usually go to Sev (7-11)

Dunkin Donuts is too weak.
    7-11 has the best coffee.

It's weird you say that about Dunkin Donuts, I always thought their coffee was too strong....then again, I haven't had it in a long time. Either way, I refuse to drink coffee from there because I think it tastes gross. Everytime I see their commercial saying "America's Best Coffee" I say "mm-hmm, best coffee my a**."

As for Starbucks, I used to be obsessed but it's not as easy for me to be I can't afford things like I used to. I LOVE their Lattes though. An iced venti vanilla latte, that's me right there. Sometimes with an extra shot if I need it. Ohh and their frapps. The strawberry one is the the bomb! I used to get the chocolate brownie one but they stopped making it. Bastids.

NYYF Cy Young

i hate starbucks and their business practices. i wish everyone would stop going there and get their coffee at small independant shops.
    Never Trust A Man With No Shirt On

Hope is eternal
    I love Starbucks. I drink the coffee only and not the fancy drinks. A Venti bold coffee.
    Trading insults is a waste of time. Persuade why someone should see your point.

Originally posted by ForceFive
    I'm hopelessly addicted to non-fat iced cafe lattes. Espresso rules....

that's exactly my drink -- usually a vente in the AM -- grande if it's later in the day

Originally posted by BrooklynBotz
    i hate starbucks and their business practices. i wish everyone would stop going there and get their coffee at small independant shops.

What's wrong with their business practices, other than being succesful? Many independents actually do better when a Starbucks comes into their market, btw - something you may not be aware of.

NYYF Legend

Spending more than $1.75 for any sort of coffee is ridiculous to me.
    Dem ol' grimy Jets...

Devoted Member
    I've been to starbucks twice and both times I had a bad experience.
    The 1st time was BAD service the second time the coffee was burned.
    I'll never go again.
    "Enjoy every sandwich." Warren Zevon

Without coffee, I literally do not function.
    I drink a pot of coffee a day- easily.
    If I drink only 1 or 2 cups, I get caffeine withdrawl headaches.
    I go to Starbucks for Frapps, because those are like, orgasms in coffee and caramel form.
    Starbucks is also a great place for me to hide and actually get some studying done...

Hope is eternal
    Originally posted by PlsDontTearDownY.S.
    Spending more than $1.75 for any sort of coffee is ridiculous to me.
    At Starbucks, I pay $1.91 including tax for the largest size coffee.
    Trading insults is a waste of time. Persuade why someone should see your point.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by BrooklynBotz
    all that money they give to fair trade farmers CONSISTANTLY is such a poor business practice huh? it's so much better when independent shops who can't pay their bills try and lowball some poor farmer in Costa Rica... :rolleyes:

yes, my wife works for Starbucks, and I couldn't be happier. they are easily one of the top 50 companies to work for as they take VERY good care of their employees.

as for bad experiences, we all have them no matter where we go, but most of us are afraid to complain about a $5 or less purchase. next time, try talking to someone there about it (a manager isn't even necessary) - I think you would be happy with the results.
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by yanksphan

....yes, my wife works for Starbucks, and I couldn't be happier. they are easily one of the top 50 companies to work for as they take VERY good care of their employees....
    When I got laid off, I honestly considered applying for a job there figuring that they at least offered health insurance to people work 20+ hours a week. Didn't quite follow up on that and I've since gotten another job but it was honestly a thought.

As for the taste of the coffee itself, I can drink Starbucks but I find that they over-roast their beans. I feel it has a burnt taste. I prefer Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf or a smaller chain called Tanner's. There's also an independent cafe / restaurant that's near me that's absolutely terrific (it's called Panini's) and they get their beans from some "gourmet" wholesale dealer.

Zabar's coffee is the best, though. (My husband mail orders it in 7-pound shipments.) Very flavorful, almost no acidic flavor. Their Kona style rocks. He prefers Vienna roast or French-Italian. And their water-processed decaf pulls no punches -- it's full-flavor.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball
    I HATE Starbucks. Every coffee I've ever gotten from them tastes like the burnt stuff at the bottom of the pot.

I get my morning cup from a guy in one of those ever-present carts that serves coffee, bagels, donuts and muffins on street corners. $1.00 for a large cup.
    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's
    2016 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball League Champjons

The Source

I hate their regular coffee but don't mind their coffee drinks. But I do frequent an independent Starbucks-like clone in my town that is much, much, much yummier than Starbucks calle Urban Coffee.

Guinness for Strength! Boogiedown Bomber's Avatar
    Starsucks!

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by Big_E
    I HATE Starbucks. Every coffee I've ever gotten from them tastes like the burnt stuff at the bottom of the pot.
    Believe it or not, there's an independent coffee shop just across the street from where I work and their coffee tastes even more burnt than Starbucks! And these jokers are proud that they roast the coffee beans themselves! Surprisingly, they brew a decent tea so they have at least one or two drinkable beverages on the menu.

But ew! I'd rather drink Starbucks non-stop than have to drink at the place across the street!

I've only had regular coffee from Starbucks once and I hated it so I never bought it again. But I'll get a latte, frappe, macchiato....

Krispy Kreme has really good coffee. But getting coffee there forces me to get a couple donuts.

When it really comes down to it though, I need coffee. So I'll drink whatever coffee is available if necessary. If I don't have coffee, it Fs up my day.

NYYF Legend

We have a locally owned chain, "The Coffe Bean and Tea Leaf," that I prefer, but I drive to see clients alot, so my choice usually comes down to whichever is on the most convenient side of the street.

Coffee, black mostly.

Starbucks? None in these parts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

NYYF Legend

Every day when I'm driving home from school I buy a 24. oz French Vanilla Cappuccino from the local WaWa for $1.33. It gets me through my homework and studying without falling asleep.

Thread Information