View Poll Results: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 40.35%
  • No

    34 59.65%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9
Results 201 to 222 of 222
  1. #201
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    EDIT: Not to mention, if Frazier struggles out of the gate Gardner could ultimately block his development. Is it ok to call Frazier a prospect in this context?
    No. Frazier no longer has prospect status.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  2. #202
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    No. Frazier no longer has prospect status.
    Ok. The point is really moot but I'll cede it.

    Gardner is blocking Tauchman, Andujar, potentially countless other 4OF/higher upside types that could have been cherry picked from other organizations for an opportunity... and could jeopardize Frazier's development in terms of him having a shorter leash to work through valleys in production. Whatever label you want to put on that grouping, that's an unforced error.

  3. #203
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Still a 39.29% approval rating ... almost as good as Trump's towards the end.

  4. #204
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Do you approve of Yankees GM Brian Cashman?
    This poll is closed.

    60% - Yes
    (648 votes)

    40% - No
    (424 votes)

    1072 votes total

    https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...-ottavino-oday
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  5. #205
    How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Do you approve of Yankees GM Brian Cashman?
    This poll is closed.

    60% - Yes
    (648 votes)

    40% - No
    (424 votes)

    1072 votes total

    https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...-ottavino-oday
    No doubt 648 people who breathed a huge sigh of relief when Brett was finally signed.
    He finally met himself, coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

  6. #206
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    No doubt 648 people who breathed a huge sigh of relief when Brett was finally signed.
    And 424 folks who agree with the majority of posters who have voted here and who disagree with most folks in the baseball world.

    https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...eral-managers/

    https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/artic...71917#slide_27

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...neral-managers

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...-on-the-brink/

    "Cashman is baseball's longest-tenured GM (since 1998) for a reason: he's fantastic at assembling rosters and dealing with the headache that comes with being New York's top decision maker. He's more likely to win the next two World Series than to get canned." - from Sept. 2019 article

    Opinions and Covid masks - I guess everyone has one.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  7. #207
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    And 424 folks who agree with the majority of posters who have voted here and who disagree with most folks in the baseball world.

    https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...eral-managers/

    https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/artic...71917#slide_27

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...neral-managers

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...-on-the-brink/

    "Cashman is baseball's longest-tenured GM (since 1998) for a reason: he's fantastic at assembling rosters and dealing with the headache that comes with being New York's top decision maker. He's more likely to win the next two World Series than to get canned." - from Sept. 2019 article

    Opinions and Covid masks - I guess everyone has one.
    The reason is more that the Yankees owner who is very happy counting his profits worships him and would not know how to hire a new guy if he ever let Brian go.

  8. #208
    How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    And 424 folks who agree with the majority of posters who have voted here and who disagree with most folks in the baseball world.

    https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...eral-managers/

    https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/artic...71917#slide_27

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...neral-managers

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...-on-the-brink/

    "Cashman is baseball's longest-tenured GM (since 1998) for a reason: he's fantastic at assembling rosters and dealing with the headache that comes with being New York's top decision maker. He's more likely to win the next two World Series than to get canned." - from Sept. 2019 article

    Opinions and Covid masks - I guess everyone has one.
    The first article is from 2018
    The second pre-season 2019
    The third 2015
    The 4th - 2019
    He finally met himself, coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

  9. #209
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    The first article is from 2018
    The second pre-season 2019
    The third 2015
    The 4th - 2019
    I don't really understand what point you're trying to make? Three out of four are relatively recent, and IMO I don't really think Cashman's overall rating within the MLB world has changed much in two years.

    The more recent poll @ Pinstripe Alley shows the majority of 1000 votes disagree with the majority of voters here.

    I understand that as a group we probably are better suited to rate the man since we follow each and every decision being made, but generally speaking the baseball world not only disagrees with the majority here, but they absolutely see it from an opposite point of view.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  10. #210
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    The reason is more that the Yankees owner who is very happy counting his profits worships him and would not know how to hire a new guy if he ever let Brian go.
    That's not "the reason" - that's only your opinion. There's a difference.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  11. #211
    How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I don't really understand what point you're trying to make? Three out of four are relatively recent, and IMO I don't really think Cashman's overall rating within the MLB world has changed much in two years.

    The more recent poll @ Pinstripe Alley shows the majority of 1000 votes disagree with the majority of voters here.

    I understand that as a group we probably are better suited to rate the man since we follow each and every decision being made, but generally speaking the baseball world not only disagrees with the majority here, but they absolutely see it from an opposite point of view.
    3 out of 4 were written prior to the 2019 season.
    He finally met himself, coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

  12. #212
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    3 out of 4 were written prior to the 2019 season.
    I don't think I discredit your posts - please tell me if I'm wrong.

    Why are you needing to discredit this one?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  13. #213
    How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I don't think I discredit your posts - please tell me if I'm wrong.

    Why are you needing to discredit this one?
    Because in 2018, Cashman took full control of EVERY decision in the organization. It is becoming more clear with each passing day that his decisions are not good.
    The drafting has always been terrible.
    Scouting is poor.
    The Yankees are followers, not leaders - in trying out new ideas.
    The roster construction is becoming more awful as the years progress.
    The training/medical staff is the worst in baseball.
    The hiring of an inexperienced manager/coaching staff is hurting the team.
    Player development, especially pitching is a disaster.
    Bidding against themselves is absurd.
    Kids in the Hall decisions are often bad or behind the times. (Regular rest schedules???)

    These are all under the stewardship of Brian Cashman. Not good. Worse since these articles were written.

    Iíve been over this all multiple times. Heís not doing right by the organization.

    I donít think the 648 people who voted in that poll are considering the whole picture. They look at some of the good he has done (Gio, Voit, the trade for Gleyber) and see only that.
    Cashman put himself in charge and control of everything. THAT is not the best way to run an organization. It just isnít.
    He finally met himself, coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

  14. #214
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Because in 2018, Cashman took full control of EVERY decision in the organization. It is becoming more clear with each passing day that his decisions are not good.
    The drafting has always been terrible.
    Scouting is poor.
    The Yankees are followers, not leaders - in trying out new ideas.
    The roster construction is becoming more awful as the years progress.
    The training/medical staff is the worst in baseball.
    The hiring of an inexperienced manager/coaching staff is hurting the team.
    Player development, especially pitching is a disaster.
    Bidding against themselves is absurd.
    Kids in the Hall decisions are often bad or behind the times. (Regular rest schedules???)

    These are all under the stewardship of Brian Cashman. Not good. Worse since these articles were written.

    Iíve been over this all multiple times. Heís not doing right by the organization.

    I donít think the 648 people who voted in that poll are considering the whole picture. They look at some of the good he has done (Gio, Voit, the trade for Gleyber) and see only that.
    Cashman put himself in charge and control of everything. THAT is not the best way to run an organization. It just isnít.

    With all due respect, I posted the results of another poll along with some other links re: how Cashman is being evaluated around the baseball world. No comments by me, just a topic of discussion for this thread.

    By pointing out the age of those links, and you seem to be insinuating that they are no longer relevant. Your entire post is made up of your own previously stated opinions, some which folks agree with and some which folks don't agree with. You then seem to be labeling 648 voters as being narrow-minded ("I donít think the 648 people who voted in that poll are considering the whole picture.") as if you know what they were thinking/not thinking as they voted. You seem to be intent on proving why your opinion is more correct than anyone else's counterpoint.

    I've enjoyed sharing thoughts with you over the years and think you're a great poster, but I think going forward I'm going to refrain from discussing this topic with you or anyone else because I'm obviously too thin-skinned and loyal when it comes to my favorite organization and how it operates. Shame on me.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  15. #215
    How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    With all due respect, I posted the results of another poll along with some other links re: how Cashman is being evaluated around the baseball world. No comments by me, just a topic of discussion for this thread.

    By pointing out the age of those links, and you seem to be insinuating that they are no longer relevant. Your entire post is made up of your own previously stated opinions, some which folks agree with and some which folks don't agree with. You then seem to be labeling 648 voters as being narrow-minded ("I donít think the 648 people who voted in that poll are considering the whole picture.") as if you know what they were thinking/not thinking as they voted. You seem to be intent on proving why your opinion is more correct than anyone else's counterpoint.

    I've enjoyed sharing thoughts with you over the years and think you're a great poster, but I think going forward I'm going to refrain from discussing this topic with you or anyone else because I'm obviously too thin-skinned and loyal when it comes to my favorite organization and how it operates. Shame on me.
    Yes, all my opinions. I (I repeat, I) donít think the 648 people are looking enough into the big picture of Brianís continued increasing role in every decision.

    Looking forward to discussing other topics with you sir.
    He finally met himself, coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

  16. #216
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    That's not "the reason" - that's only your opinion. There's a difference.
    Fine. It's my opinion.

  17. #217
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Because in 2018, Cashman took full control of EVERY decision in the organization. It is becoming more clear with each passing day that his decisions are not good.
    The drafting has always been terrible.
    Scouting is poor.
    The Yankees are followers, not leaders - in trying out new ideas.
    The roster construction is becoming more awful as the years progress.
    The training/medical staff is the worst in baseball.
    The hiring of an inexperienced manager/coaching staff is hurting the team.
    Player development, especially pitching is a disaster.
    Bidding against themselves is absurd.
    Kids in the Hall decisions are often bad or behind the times. (Regular rest schedules???)

    These are all under the stewardship of Brian Cashman. Not good. Worse since these articles were written.

    Iíve been over this all multiple times. Heís not doing right by the organization.

    I donít think the 648 people who voted in that poll are considering the whole picture. They look at some of the good he has done (Gio, Voit, the trade for Gleyber) and see only that.
    Cashman put himself in charge and control of everything. THAT is not the best way to run an organization. It just isnít.
    You've been over this before but I (and I assume others) disagree with most of the above (but do agree that every factor you mentioned should be taken into account) I've offered my perspective on all of the above individually before so I won't repeat.

    I'll keep it simple and say that if you use the end of 2018 as a demarcation point (which I personally wouldn't do and, to me, weakens any anti-Cashman argument) , then what I would say is 2 full seasons later the Yankees are entering the year with the second highest odds of winning the World Series. The one team with the highest odds has a $50M higher payroll (which is an ownership decision not a GM decision).. it baffles me that this is considered an abject failure since I view it as a tremendous success (the GMs job is to position the team for success which he has done remarkably well in my estimation including for this current year). The following players are well regarded players going forward who first developed under the Yankees (and therefore deserve some credit for development): 1. Gary Sanchez, 2 Gleyber 3 Gio, 4 Voit, 5 Judge , 6 Hicks, 7 Frazier, 8 Gardner, 9 Andujar, 10 Montgomery, 11 Severino, 12 German, 13 Chad Green, and maybe others who I am forgetting. Those are just players who have already achieved notable success at the big league level for the first time as Yankees. That excludes several high potential major league ready players such as 1 Schmidt, 2 Deivi, 3 Michael King, 4 Luis Medina (plus other lower profile guys who could break out - Tauchman, Ford (dont forget his big 2019), Loaisiaga, .... I view that as a massive success on scouting and development and have a hard time processing how that's a big failure on those dimensions.

    I guess I am far more excited about the 2021 Yankees than most on this forum. I think we all can agree to hope that I am right (but hope is admittedly not a strategy). It will be interesting to see what sentiment is once we get a few months into the year (although I'm sure no matter how well we might or might not do, there will be many who view the year as World Series or bust - which statistically means at best a 15 to 20% chance of success, even if we are elite in 2021). Go Yankees. I'm excited for the games to begin soon.

  18. #218
    How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by Strategerie View Post
    You've been over this before
    See Flintstoneís scenery when Fred is driving or running.
    He finally met himself, coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

  19. #219
    I.P. Standing Krall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    In the middle of New York

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    See Flintstone’s scenery when Fred is driving or running.


    Man, who needs electric cars...
    ďIt's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.Ē
    ― Epictetus

  20. #220
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post


    Man, who needs electric cars...
    If only Wilma would pedal they'd cut their travel time in half.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  21. #221
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    If only Wilma would pedal they'd cut their travel time in half.
    What's funny is sometimes they would drive the car to a gas station and fill it up.

  22. #222
    How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

    Re: Do you approve of Brian Cashman

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    What's funny is sometimes they would drive the car to a gas station and fill it up.
    Iím pretty sure his car was a Hybrid.
    He finally met himself, coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts