+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 204 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 201 202 203 204
Results 5,076 to 5,093 of 5093

Re: 2020-2021 Hot Stove Thread

Jim Bowden on MLB Network said it's Schmidt, Fraizer and another prospect so far.

Quote Originally Posted by yank4life2005 View Post
    Jim Bowden on MLB Network said it's Schmidt, Fraizer and another prospect so far.
    Wait... What did he say? Did he say it's a done deal and they are deep in talks, or he's talking about what he THINKS would be the package?

Quote Originally Posted by CIK View Post
    Wait... What did he say? Did he say it's a done deal and they are deep in talks, or he's talking about what he THINKS would be the package?
    I saw that on another board.

Quote Originally Posted by yank4life2005 View Post
    I saw that on another board.
    #Reds want Clint Frazier in any Castillo deal. They are also desperately wanting to unload the contracts of either Moustakas or Castellanos which could, in turn, drive the price down if the #Yankees are willing to take on either of said contracts. More to come. #MLB

There might be a little smoke here, as The Athletic's Jim Bowden reported Friday that the Yankees had been in touch with the Reds about Castillo, though he clarified that those discussions have died down recently.

https://www.mlb.com/news/luis-castillo-trade-fits

NYYF Legend

When was the last time Bowden actually got a scoop (non ice cream related)?
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

All Aboard the Cole Train!! Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Bowdenís next scoop will be his first.

With the Yankees payroll limitations, I also donít see any them trading Frazier and his very reasonable salary - not when they would have to spend at least an extra $2-3 million to replace him with Gardner. Even Cashman couldnít be that dumb, could he?
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    They may have done an inquiry but that may be the extent of it. The fact he then clarified his Friday Tweet that any further talk looks to have died down, pretty much covers him when nothing comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hhill View Post
    #Reds want Clint Frazier in any Castillo deal. They are also desperately wanting to unload the contracts of either Moustakas or Castellanos which could, in turn, drive the price down if the #Yankees are willing to take on either of said contracts. More to come. #MLB

Castellanos has great opposite field power-he would absolutely destroy it in Yankee Stadium. Check out his spray chart:
    https://www.fangraphs.com/players/ni...s1=ALL&vs2=ALL

Getting Castellanos + Castillo for Frazier + prospects (not named Jasson) would be outstanding.

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

With the Yankees payroll limitations, I also donít see any them trading Frazier and his very reasonable salary - not when they would have to spend at least an extra $2-3 million to replace him with Gardner. Even Cashman couldnít be that dumb, could he?
    If the scholarship player Gardner is back & in LF please someone poke my eye-balls out so I don't have to watch it...

Yes Cashman could be....
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...Ö

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hhill View Post
    I'm not in favor of giving up Frazier in just about any deal, but I'd give up Andujar & Dominguez along with Garcia and Abreu.

I'm also not in favor of taking on any salary for Moustakas or Castellanos. Both contracts are bloated and neither player is needed. I don't care if it drives Castillo's price down - I'd rather give up a better package of players than take on salary at this time.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I'm not in favor of giving up Frazier in just about any deal, but I'd give up Andujar & Dominguez along with Garcia and Abreu.

I'm also not in favor of taking on any salary for Moustakas or Castellanos. Both contracts are bloated and neither player is needed. I don't care if it drives Castillo's price down - I'd rather give up a better package of players than take on salary at this time.
    I would take Castellanos if it meant not giving up Frazier.

Then flip Castellanos and cash to another team or trade Voit for something decent.

I don't mind taking on salary. Hal needs to stop acting cheap and do what is best for the team. When you do nothing to address your poor player development and drafting, you need to spend to fix your problems.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

But Gardner is a legend to Cashman, lol

Does anyone know if Castellanos is gritty?

NYYF Legend

So now Bowden is saying Castillo is just one of 5 pitchers Cash has interest in?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    So now Bowden is saying Castillo is just one of 5 pitchers Cash has interest in?
    Bowden says lots of things. He's from the broken clock school.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Bowden says lots of things. He's from the broken clock school.
    LOL, For sure FM. He has to put something out to draw people back to his show. Say Yankees , RS or Dodgers and people listen.

All Aboard the Cole Train!! Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Doesnít appear we should be getting our hopes up for additional high-end starting pitching.

Looks like Cashman has other plans with his remaining budget.

Re-signing Gardner and dumpster diving for pitching are where itís at:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...t-targets.html
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Thread Information