+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35 75 82 83 84 85
Results 2,101 to 2,105 of 2105

Re: 2020-2021 Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79 View Post
    What would it take to get Luis Castillo?

He has 3 more years left before free agency.

I will probably start with Jasson and Devi. Anyone else?
    Cincy needs a SS so it would have to be Torres

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79 View Post
    What would it take to get Luis Castillo?

He has 3 more years left before free agency.

I will probably start with Jasson and Devi. Anyone else?
    They would start with Gleyber and deivi then pick whoever else they wanted from the yanks system.

I really don’t see Cincy trading him but if you’re cashman why not call and make the offer. If they could pull off Castillo and DJ - that would literally be the best possible off season, especially with the FA SS class next year

NYYF Legend

Well, I really thought the FA starter to go after was going to be Charlie Morton. Oh well.

So I've done my homework again, trying to find a potential #2 amongst a class of question marks.

The guy I'm looking at: Jose Quintana !

A 32yr old southpaw, the Yankees have always liked Quintana, and many folks criticized the organization for letting him go back in 2010. I like the fact that he's been pretty durable over the years, and the injuries he had in 2020 (thumb, left lat) are considered to be minor and very recoverable. He has sort of a rubber arm, he's been an innings-eater over the years, and he doesn't walk a lot of guys.

The chance for him to be a #2 is probably very slim, but he'd be inexpensive to sign (under $10M AAV) and would slot in nicely between Cole and (hopefully) a re-signed Tanaka. I think he can throw at least 150 innings and keep an ERA under 4. Now add the chance that either German or Severino could come back strong, and there's a chance for a pretty formidable rotation in Sept/Oct.

Perhaps the money saved could go towards stocking up the bullpen (I'd love to add Trevor Rosenthal & David Phelps).

Cole-Quintana-Tanaka-Montgomery-German-Severino-Garcia-Schmidt by year-end could be better than we think.

Chapman-Britton-Rosenthal-Green-Ottavino-Loaisiga-Phelps is a good-looking pen IMO.

I'm starting to think it might not be a good idea to give up the talent it would take to pull off a trade for a TOR starter.

How do you feel about Quintana?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Iíd love to add a guy like Quintana, I think his fastball change breaking ball combination would be great in yankee stadium, especially to righties - but you think heíll get less that Mortonís AAV?

Pass on Quintana, his fastball seems to be in a slow and steady decline leading to higher exit velos.

Thread Information