+ Reply to Thread
Page 228 of 228 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 225 226 227 228
Results 5,676 to 5,690 of 5690

A warning from Joel Sherman about Kluber(not nj.com)

Re: 2020-2021 Hot Stove Thread

Yankees interested in Puig according to Bowden
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Ronnie View Post
    Trade Ideas:

To Yankees: Trevor Story & German Marquez

Or...

To Yankees: Javier Baez & Hendricks

To Rockies/Cubs: Gelyber Torres +

Yanks get the pitcher they're looking for as well as an immediate replacement for Gleyber. Yanks an inside track on signing the SS next year.

Rockies/Cubs get a young stud SS to replace Story/Baez that already will be leaving. Not sure what else they need in return.

Thoughts?
    I'd begrudgingly part with Gleyber in the right trade for Marquez or Castillo, but Hendricks is not on that level for me. He's 31 and has been pretty mediocre away from Wrigley. He just doesn't have the same ace potential as the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post
    I'd begrudgingly part with Gleyber in the right trade for Marquez or Castillo, but Hendricks is not on that level for me. He's 31 and has been pretty mediocre away from Wrigley. He just doesn't have the same ace potential as the other two.
    Agreed, let's not make a bad situation worse by giving away a 23 yr old all star for the net 10 years, that is one of the few healthy, young stars on this team.
    Smacks of desperation.
    Judge,Severino,Stanton,Hicks not heathy
    Sanchez- healthy but under productive

Gíday everybody from the other side of the globe.

Itís Australia Day here in two days, and today is forecast to be 100 degrees Fahrenheit. But as the weather starts to cool, I start thinking about baseball. Having to wait until July last year for the season to start was painful, but in the context of COVID and 2020, it was only a minor inconvenience.

Iíve been closely watching your dreadful struggle with the virus over there and hoping that all the Game Thread regulars have managed to stay healthy (since most of us seem to have a few years under our belts). But as February gets closer, I canít help wondering about the usual start of the Baseball season. So what are the latest plans? Is the MLB hoping for a full season this year, or will it be delayed until the vaccination program is entrenched and well underway?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule2000 View Post
    Yankees interested in Puig according to Bowden
    Seeing this all over social media ...

I usually don't weigh in on all the hot stove possibilities, but Puig would be a terrible idea for the Yankees. They need pitching, not another outfielder / DH.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AussieYank View Post
    Gíday everybody from the other side of the globe.

Itís Australia Day here in two days, and today is forecast to be 100 degrees Fahrenheit. But as the weather starts to cool, I start thinking about baseball. Having to wait until July last year for the season to start was painful, but in the context of COVID and 2020, it was only a minor inconvenience.

Iíve been closely watching your dreadful struggle with the virus over there and hoping that all the Game Thread regulars have managed to stay healthy (since most of us seem to have a few years under our belts). But as February gets closer, I canít help wondering about the usual start of the Baseball season. So what are the latest plans? Is the MLB hoping for a full season this year, or will it be delayed until the vaccination program is entrenched and well underway?
    Right now still saying it will be a full 162 game season. No announcement yet on any rules changes. Hope all is well with you down under in the heat.

NYYF Legend

Re: A warning from Joel Sherman about Kluber(not nj.com)

Good article and glad to see Sherman calling out the risk of relying on Kluber to remain healthy. Definitely a lot of parallels to the Tulowitzki signing.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

All Aboard the Cole Train!! Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post

I usually don't weigh in on all the hot stove possibilities, but Puig would be a terrible idea for the Yankees. They need pitching, not another outfielder / DH.
    Between this and the Ozuna rumors, combined with Gardner's inevitable return, it seems clear that Cashman either has a deal lined up for Frazier, or has received enough interest that he's going to use him for bait. Question is: what is the return?
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

All Aboard the Cole Train!! Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Re: A warning from Joel Sherman about Kluber(not nj.com)

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Good article and glad to see Sherman calling out the risk of relying on Kluber to remain healthy. Definitely a lot of parallels to the Tulowitzki signing.
    I'd argue the risk is probably worse with Kluber because of the guaranteed money following two major injuries to his throwing arm in 24 months. Great read.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Between this and the Ozuna rumors, combined with Gardner's inevitable return, it seems clear that Cashman either has a deal lined up for Frazier, or has received enough interest that he's going to use him for bait. Question is: what is the return?
    The return better be a very good starting pitcher.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

All the angst on this thread...jeez... You guys are acting as if we didn't sing Asher Wojciechowski.
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    All the angst on this thread...jeez... You guys are acting as if we didn't sing Asher Wojciechowski.
    I'm not familiar with how to sing Asher Wojciechowski but if you hum a bar or two I probably can fake it.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I'm not familiar with how to sing Asher Wojciechowski but if you hum a bar or two I probably can fake it.

It is a local tune hummed on Saturday evenings in certain Romanian pubs.
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post

And yet another right handed bat.

Thread Information