+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 249 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 195 235 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 6205

Re: 2020-2021 Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    How would you structure a deal to propose to him?

$5M guaranteed, $7M available in incentives (25 starts or 150IP?) for $12M total seems fair. Will any team guarantee more money than $5M?

I'd be against a multi-year deal no matter what the cost.
    I think the total amount of around 12M is right but definitely more guaranteed than 5M. I’d guess an 8-10M base plus incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Now and then in the 1920s and early 1930s, my father visited NY and went to YS1, including that doubleheader in I-forget-which-year, when they played the Grove/Foxx/Simmons A's, with about 80K fans in attendance. He was not a Yankee fan (A's all the way for him), but he said there was nothing like entering the House that Ruth Build when Ruth was still in the house.
    Man, that is really cool!

This is promising. Medina seems to be harnessing his stuff. Try to move him in a package for Castillo

https://www.yesnetwork.com/yankees/n...er-of-the-year

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    thanks ??? If this was his showcase - FB (sinker, four seamer) at 88-90 where the cutter is ??? Nope, I'll definitely take my chances with Sevy coming back and signing another SP at 10-15M.
    They said he threw essentially all his pitches and 88-90 in January for a guy that throws 92 with an 89 cutter sounds pretty good and indicates he probably hasn’t lost anything. Question with Kluber is health IMO. But idk who would you rather sign at similar money? Tanaka is the best argument because of the dependability there. Paxton has the talent but is a bigger injury concern than even Kluber. I like Garrett Richards but he’s also an injury risk and doesn’t have the upside of Kluber.

How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by newhampfan View Post
    This is a better site than the other. I find the contributors less intent on calling each other stupid for having an opinion about this or that issue or player.
    What kind of stupid comment is this?

(Welcome to the site - Yankee fan?)
    He finally met himself, coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    What kind of stupid comment is this?

(Welcome to the site - Yankee fan?)
    I saw what you did there == can't wait for the season to start
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

All Aboard the Cole Train!! Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    Kyle hendricks? Is this a real trade? Only one guy has this

If true, I'm off Cashman's back for a minute now. This would be a great trade.
    Saw that on Twitter - guy has no cred.

No one else in NY or CHI media reporting it.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Saw that on Twitter - guy has no cred.

No one else in NY or CHI media reporting it.
    Sorry. Had a few and got an alert on my phone. Got so excited. Deleted my original post.

Not seeing it.......?

Oh, Evan Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    YS2 was of course different than YS1. Biggest crowd I attended at YS1 was about 62,000. But there was quite a lot of history made at YS2. 10 pennants and 6 Worlds Championships. A crime that it was torn down so we can now watch games in possibly the worst of the post 2000 ball parks.
    I got you on this one. 69,476 at YS 1. Game one, 1957 World Series.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CIK View Post
    Be nice..... I mean, he was good for us.... A speedy guy who didn't steal bases.... SEEMS to strike out more times in big situations than he got hits...

But he was our guy....
    I like him. He would've been a solid 4th OF in his prime for the Yankees' best seasons. But no. He shouldn't be afforded some prolonged goodbye tour. It just seems off.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Now and then in the 1920s and early 1930s, my father visited NY and went to YS1, including that doubleheader in I-forget-which-year, when they played the Grove/Foxx/Simmons A's, with about 80K fans in attendance. He was not a Yankee fan (A's all the way for him), but he said there was nothing like entering the House that Ruth Build when Ruth was still in the house.
    He got to see Ruth play? Man that would be an incredible, in-awe event to witness! The A's were around back then?
    “It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.”
    ― Epictetus

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post
    He got to see Ruth play? Man that would be an incredible, in-awe event to witness! The A's were around back then?
    Older than the Yankees. One of the storied franchises.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    This is promising. Medina seems to be harnessing his stuff. Try to move him in a package for Castillo

https://www.yesnetwork.com/yankees/n...er-of-the-year
    Yeah Medina is starting to get more attention. IMO, I'd give up both Garcia and Dominguez for Castillo before I'd include Medina in any deal.

2022 rotation: Cole Castillo Severino German Montgomery Schmidt Medina ???
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

I got an alert on my phone this morning from the Athletic that they are acquiring Kyle Hendricks, and then it disappeared. I haven’t seen this reported anywhere. Did anyone hear or see anything?

All Aboard the Cole Train!! Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    I got an alert on my phone this morning from the Athletic that they are acquiring Kyle Hendricks, and then it disappeared. I haven’t seen this reported anywhere. Did anyone hear or see anything?
    Evan Daniel posted it as a hypothetical on Twitter last night, and apparently, some in the media ran with it before, you know, making sure it actually happened.

https://mobile.twitter.com/itsmrevan...79700339564544
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Don't understand how Cashman starts the offseason recognizing the need for balance in the lineup and stability in the rotation and then puts his feet up after attempting to low-ball a 32 year old middle infielder. Lindor and Carrasco >> than a deal for DJ. And it's looking unlikely we'll get a "deal" for DJ when a relief pitcher just got 3/54.

And it's some real Art of the Deal nonsense to rule out an option in Lindor that competed directly with the party they're negotiating against.

Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post
    My father, RIP, was born in NYC in 1909. He saw all the great Yankee players of the day at the old stadium. Unfortunately, he was a Giants fan !
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Evan Daniel posted it as a hypothetical on Twitter last night, and apparently, some in the media ran with it before, you know, making sure it actually happened.

https://mobile.twitter.com/itsmrevan...79700339564544
    That would be a steal for NY. Can't imagine the Cubs agreeing to that trade.

I don't understand the somewhat popular take that the Yankees are somehow 'winning' the offseason by not making any moves while other teams in the division get weaker...are we ignoring the fact that the yankees are also a weaker team than they were at the end of last season? It also bothers me that this seems to imply that the Yankees' goal is simply winning the division...I wish our sights were set a little higher than that.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    They said he threw essentially all his pitches and 88-90 in January for a guy that throws 92 with an 89 cutter sounds pretty good and indicates he probably hasn’t lost anything. Question with Kluber is health IMO. But idk who would you rather sign at similar money? Tanaka is the best argument because of the dependability there. Paxton has the talent but is a bigger injury concern than even Kluber. I like Garrett Richards but he’s also an injury risk and doesn’t have the upside of Kluber.

I just edited my post. I thought he was over his injury, he is not. Yes, it's Tanaka for me. OK he is not a #2 but we only have 10-15M. I don't know Richards but I like Sugano. I am so disgusted with Paxton that he was ready last year this may be the same issue with Kluber. Remember how many posters what Kluber last time. Well, that didn't work out for Texas. I still hope Sevy will be our #2 but think back to the worst of worst for me was praying for Pavano. We need a dependable SP. PS my favorite pitch is the cutter (Hughes had a decent one).

Kluber will get offers, (he was great) Brian loves bargains, Cressey, our pitching coaches failed Ottavino and Monty didn't do as well so I am not confident we improved. Unless it's money you can write off the AAV nope

thanks for the reply

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jnewmark View Post
    My father, RIP, was born in NYC in 1909. He saw all the great Yankee players of the day at the old stadium. Unfortunately, he was a Giants fan !
    At least he got to see those great Giants teams of the early 1920s.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by twsalso View Post
    I got you on this one. 69,476 at YS 1. Game one, 1957 World Series.
    Wow! That's great. I would have been 6 years old so a little too young to go to the WS, lol. I always wished my father had taken me to Ebbetts Field but he was a Yankees fan living in Brooklyn.

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by icecoast516 View Post
    I don't understand the somewhat popular take that the Yankees are somehow 'winning' the offseason by not making any moves while other teams in the division get weaker...are we ignoring the fact that the yankees are also a weaker team than they were at the end of last season? It also bothers me that this seems to imply that the Yankees' goal is simply winning the division...I wish our sights were set a little higher than that.
    Not sure how popular that take is, but I too have seen references to not needing to make major moves because other AL East teams might have gotten weaker. Not only is that factually debatable, it's a horrible strategy.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Thread Information