+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 227 FirstFirst ... 32 72 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 5661

Re: 2020-2021 Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Not since Sidd Finch.

Unless the Yankees are hyping him to inflate his value, I don't see the upside in cashing in. Jasson's 5'10". If he grows another inch, do you know who would've been as tall as he would be? Mickey Mantle.

If he were 6'8", yeah. Trade him. But not guys who hit like that under 6'0". Compact K zones are my jam.
    If he can be the center piece of a trade for Snell or Hendricks, you would say no? The Yankees window is now.

We haven't see him hit yet aside from batting practice.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Man, German really does have a great FB, CH, CB mix. If the Yankees are ok with having Chapman on the team, there is no reason why German shouldn't be slotted as the number 2 next year

Speaking of the Rays, possible suspension coming...

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...eja-story.html

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79 View Post
    If he can be the center piece of a trade for Snell or Hendricks, you would say no? The Yankees window is now.

We haven't see him hit yet aside from batting practice.
    I like Snell and I like Hendricks, but I prefer the dream of what Dominguez could become rather than a high-end SP2 / moderate SP1. There's always a Snell or a Hendricks to be had for money.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    Speaking of the Rays, possible suspension coming...

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...eja-story.html
    Yeah I saw this earlier. If he was trying to abduct his daughter but neighbors prevented him from doing so, they may have wound up saving this guy millions of dollars.

I like Snell and I like Hendricks, but I prefer the dream of what Dominguez could become rather than a high-end SP2 / moderate SP1. There's always a Snell or a Hendricks to be had for money.
    I don't think this team is willing to pay another big contract, thus I don't think they will be in the Bauer sweepstakes. So therefore, I think the only way to improve the rotation is through trades and to get top of the rotation type guys will take top prospects.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79 View Post
    I don't think this team is willing to pay another big contract, thus I don't think they will be in the Bauer sweepstakes.
    It would be most unfortunate to watch that kid patrol CF and hit the snot out of the ball for another team for 15 years, only to have the Yankees trade for his bloated contract so they can slot him in LF for his age 36-39 seasons.

Oh but they won it all back in '22, so it was all worth it.

Like I said, unless the Yankees are planting videos on social media to drive up his perceived value to unload him (which I suppose could be the case, despite his 2019 #1 International Prospect ranking), then I say this guy's a non-starter with anybody not named Mike Trout (with Stanton going back to Anaheim).

1B- Voit
    2B- DJL ****
    SS- Torres
    3B- Urshela
    C- Sanchez (Higgy takes Cole's games)
    LF- Fraizer
    CF- Hicks
    RF- Judge
    DH- Stanton

#1- Cole
    #2- ****
    #3-Monty/Severino (when he is ready)
    #4-German
    #5- Devi

1-2-3 Relievers
    Green/Ottavino
    Britton
    Chapman

***= need to sign

Give Sanchez the first 60 games to figure things out, Higgy takes 10 games with Cole. If Sanchez can't handle things, then a trade could be in order to fill the catcher spot around the AS break. I still say he can hit 30 HRs and get things figured out for a couple of years. How many catchers in MLB can hit 30 HRs???? Even 25HRs???? ONLY 4 did it in 2019 and Gary was one of them. Is he a lifetime catcher...no, can he get better and help the team win and or become good trade bait...YES.

All in all, the lineup is VERY solid as it is listed above, however the *** need to be addressed.

Domingo German's second outing of the Dominican Winter League season:

5 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 1 2B, 1 HR, 1 SO, 2 BB, 1 HBP

https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/stat...662097410?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    You need a better arm to play SS but you still need lateral range to play 2B. It's not like 2nd basemen can just disregard balls hit up the middle.
    You need more lateral movement to play shortstop AND a better arm and general mobility to run into foul territory and to the outfield. Not comparable to second base.

Re: Schwarber & Yankees match up? Headscratcher rumor

Quote Originally Posted by yank4life2005 View Post
    Club doesn't need another DH on this team. His LH power bat is enticing but they have too many one dimensional players on this team.

If they need a target on the Cubs in a deal for Andujar + than they should be looking at Hendricks, Darvish or Contreras.

We will need another DH when Stanton goes on IL. Slide Voit to DH and play our left-handed hitting, good fielding, contact hitting back-up first-baseman.....we do have one don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by IAyankee View Post

#1- Cole
    #2- ****
    #3-Monty/Severino (when he is ready)
    #4-German
    #5- Devi
    Neither Monte nor Severino are #3 pitchers. Severino hasn't been been good since July 2018 and you're talking about mid 2021. Monte didn't pitch for over a year and came back last year without any success. German hasn't pitched since 2019. Devi hasn't proven he is even good enough for #5. They have Cole and nothing else.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hhill View Post
    You need more lateral movement to play shortstop AND a better arm and general mobility to run into foul territory and to the outfield. Not comparable to second base.
    None of this invalidates my original point. Aside from random errors, Gleyber’s problem is lateral range to the 3B side. That will be a problem at 2B as much as it is at SS. For the record I’m in favor of giving him more time at SS to see if his range can improve.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Neither Monte nor Severino are #3 pitchers. Severino hasn't been been good since July 2018 and you're talking about mid 2021. Monte didn't pitch for over a year and came back last year without any success. German hasn't pitched since 2019. Devi hasn't proven he is even good enough for #5. They have Cole and nothing else.
    When has Sevi not been good? He had TJ surgery, and at this point most pitchers are able to come back at full strength following that procedure. He will be on an innings limit, but will likely be very good when he pitches.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    Domingo German's second outing of the Dominican Winter League season:

5 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 1 2B, 1 HR, 1 SO, 2 BB, 1 HBP

https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/stat...662097410?s=20
    Thanks for posting this. I hope he gets regular work and gets stretched out so that he can hit the ground running in March. But more importantly I hope the rotation is strong enough to where Boone doesn't have to depend on German to be anything more than a #4/#5
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by yesteryearman View Post
    We will need another DH when Stanton goes on IL. Slide Voit to DH and play our left-handed hitting, good fielding, contact hitting back-up first-baseman.....we do have one don't we?
    Yanks currently have Andujar/Ford amd Tuchman that can DH some games.

Yanks need to save their bullets to trade for some SP.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I hope he gets regular work and gets stretched out so that he can hit the ground running in March. But more importantly I hope the rotation is strong enough to where Boone doesn't have to depend on German to be anything more than a #4/#5
    Agreed. That’s the problem with this rotation in general. It’s Cole and a bunch of #4/#5 starters. They really need a legitimate #2 starter.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Trade for Snell and the Yankees have the pitching staff to take them to the World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    None of this invalidates my original point. Aside from random errors, Gleyber’s problem is lateral range to the 3B side. That will be a problem at 2B as much as it is at SS. For the record I’m in favor of giving him more time at SS to see if his range can improve.
    I guess we'll have to disagree. For me, the macro problem is that he just doesnt have the physical ability -call it mobility or quickness or something. Derek Jeter was not the most athletic shortstop but he was polished by comparison aside from being a clutch, HOF offensive player. Jeter also made some clutch defensive plays in major games, as we know...game saving plays.

Whether , you hone in on which way his his lateral movement is limited or some other issue, it just isnt a good fit there.

Hopefully, I will be proven wrong if he stays and makes improvements. I think they would like to move him back to second, if it could be worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken711 View Post
    Trade for Snell and the Yankees have the pitching staff to take them to the World Series.
    How much "stuff" would they have to give up?

Quote Originally Posted by hhill View Post
    How much "stuff" would they have to give up?
    Per MLBTR, with Seattle as a rumored matchup:

The Mariners would need to include any of three of their best young outfielders – Kyle Lewis, Jarred Kelenic or Julio Rodriguez

It would be most unfortunate to watch that kid patrol CF and hit the snot out of the ball for another team for 15 years, only to have the Yankees trade for his bloated contract so they can slot him in LF for his age 36-39 seasons.

Oh but they won it all back in '22, so it was all worth it.

Like I said, unless the Yankees are planting videos on social media to drive up his perceived value to unload him (which I suppose could be the case, despite his 2019 #1 International Prospect ranking), then I say this guy's a non-starter with anybody not named Mike Trout (with Stanton going back to Anaheim).
    What about him coming up to the majors, having a sophomore slump, especially defensively, and instead of giving a young player time, the Yankees give up on him and trade him for pennies on the dollar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken711 View Post
    Which is exactly why the Rays won't even consider it. This seems like a pointless conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    When has Sevi not been good? He had TJ surgery, and at this point most pitchers are able to come back at full strength following that procedure. He will be on an innings limit, but will likely be very good when he pitches.
    since roughly the second half of 2018.
    He had a 5.57 ERA and 1.429 WHIP in the second half of 2018.
    He basically didn't pitch in 2019- started 3 games and didn't pitch at all in 2020.

But yeah, I'm sure he'll be rock solid in June 2021, three years removed from being a good pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by yank4life2005 View Post
    Yanks currently have Andujar/Ford amd Tuchman that can DH some games.

Yanks need to save their bullets to trade for some SP.

DH some games? How many games has Stanton missed last 2 yrs? Just an example of how hamstrung this roster is. Based on "statistics" Stanton will miss more games than he plays. Thus we should build a roster that anticipates he won't be in line-up. But, alas, we can't use a spot for that inevitiability, so we go thru the season already a step behind the Rays. We need pitching, short-stop and first base defense, and a decision about Sanchez and plan for absence of Judge and Stanton. Likely none of those opportunities will be addressed. No wonder we can't win the AL pennant.

Thread Information