+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2146

Re: 2020-2021 Hot Stove Thread

Britton option picked up. Can't say I'm surprised, but seems totally unnecessary especially when Hand gets DFA'd for 1 year 10M and all the option does is allow Britton to choose between 1 year 13M or FA. And in FA is there anyway he gets more than 2 years 26M? I'm certain he wouldn't beat the 13M average at least.

Oh well, typical Cashman, 2019 Chapman extension revisited.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...ns-option.html

Calls a tool a tool

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    German?

I would like to know how the appearance policy keeps the Yankees clean and discipline when they retired Martin's number and keep celebrating Reggie Jackson too.
    What did Reggie do?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    What did Reggie do?
    Well, for starters, he tried to kill the Queen of England.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

So with the Britton option, assuming they had 30 mil to spend, they’re around 16 mil left? Man they’re not going to resign dj are they..

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Britton option picked up. Can't say I'm surprised, but seems totally unnecessary especially when Hand gets DFA'd for 1 year 10M and all the option does is allow Britton to choose between 1 year 13M or FA. And in FA is there anyway he gets more than 2 years 26M? I'm certain he wouldn't beat the 13M average at least.

Oh well, typical Cashman, 2019 Chapman extension revisited.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...ns-option.html
    I would have been pissed if the Yankees didn't pick up that option.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    So with the Britton option, assuming they had 30 mil to spend, they’re around 16 mil left? Man they’re not going to resign dj are they..
    The $14M option is for the 2022 season - his 2021 salary was already in the calculation.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    The $14M option is for the 2022 season - his 2021 salary was already in the calculation.
    Ah ok, thank you.

Gardner’s option declined

Re: 2020-2021 offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    We are products of our upbringing and life experience. I until about 15-16 years old had a crew cut mandated by my father. We were made to believe long hair was for bums and hippies. Yes, it's false but I still have it ingrained in me that a well groomed individual appears more professional.
    This is the most honest answer I have seen yet and I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    They needed to do it and move onto Frazier but man, still sucks. Gardner came up when I was still in college, grew up with the guy as a Yankee and he was a good one. I'll always defend him getting a plack in monument park, more on emotion than actual production. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I would have been pissed if the Yankees didn't pick up that option.
    I think they could’ve re-signed him for less if they wanted or that he’d opt in to 1 year anyway or allocated the money more wisely. I doubt anyone else is paying a reliever 13M+ per year in this market. It’s same as Chapman a year ago, they could’ve let him test the market and probably gotten him back for less given Cashman is one of the few GMs dolling out huge bullpen deals.

But that’s just my opinion

NYYF Legend

Good news.

Happ option also declined

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    They needed to do it and move onto Frazier but man, still sucks. Gardner came up when I was still in college, grew up with the guy as a Yankee and he was a good one. I'll always defend him getting a plack in monument park, more on emotion than actual production. Good luck to him.
    They’ll probably just sign him to a smaller deal.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Re: 2020-2021 offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    2013 Red Sox won the WS. The 2013 Yankees finished 85-77 and in 3rd place in their division. I'll take those true big hairy monsters 10/10 over the "clean-cut" Yankees. Again, I am not saying there is direct relation between the Yankees policies and their lack of success, but I do think the style of thinking it represents is a big part of the problem.
    Yeah, if I thought grooming had a causation effect on wins or lack thereof, I'd sing a different tune. It's not like those guys had those snot mops when they were acquired and thrived because of their excessive beardiluciousness. Those beards had as much to do with the team's last place finish in 2014 as it did in their 2013 success.

NYYF Legend

Paging ClownPickle...
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I had hoped baseball was done with him as a manager. Can you imagine him with a 14 man pitching staff?
    If MLB had used the Mitchell Rpeport as more than just a weapon against the players - as a tool for cleaning their own house as well - LaRussa would have been out of a job long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Paging ClownPickle...
    You may want to wait and see if they re-sign him to a slightly smaller amount before paging anyone.

NYYF Legend

They're going to sign him to a larger offer.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    They're going to sign him to a larger offer.
    Why would they decline a $11 million option, pay him $2.5 million to decline, and then pay him more than $11 million? That makes no sense.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Why would they decline a $11 million option, pay him $2.5 million to decline, and then pay him more than $11 million? That makes no sense.
    I was kidding.

I don't believe he's gone. He'll be back. Player option, too.

All Aboard the Cole Train!! Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Cashman once again demonstrating his incompetence with payroll and budget management by picking up Britton's 2-year option when Brad Hand was just released over $10 million.

..and those getting excited about Gardner's option being declined, don't get too excited - just a technicality. They'll strike a one-year deal and he'll be back as the primary LF in 2021.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Cashman once again demonstrating his incompetence with payroll and budget management by picking up Britton's 2-year option when Brad Hand was just released over $10 million.

..and those getting excited about Gardner's option being declined, don't get too excited - just a technicality. They'll strike a one-year deal and he'll be back as the primary LF in 2021.
    Probably true but we can dream, can't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Yeah I'm trying to understand this from the Yankees' POV. Boras shows his genius again, as this new "swellopt" worked in his client's favor big time.

It would have been interesting to free up $13MM this coming year and see if it could have been better spent, perhaps even in part by signing Britton more cheaply. The kick in the junk is that they now also have locked in Britton for $14MM for '22. Haven't had much free time to think lately, but unless I'm missing something at first blush this seems unwise. I'd have rolled the dice and declined the team option to see if Britton opted out entirely... perhaps he'd have been willing to lock in for '21 and '22 at lower amounts? Or, you look for other options.

I prefer Hand to Britton straight up, although I'm certain someone well ahead of the Yankees will claim him before they get a shot at him. Even for the cash strapped Indians, releasing Hand from a 1/$10MM is a bad omen for FAs this offseason.

I love Gardy but I sure hope not. It's absolutely time to move on, regardless of how little he'd take to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Good news.
    For Brett Gardner?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information