+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NYYF Legend

Re: Hulu is dropping YES and other RSNs. Bye-bye!

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I don't see how your DNS server would give you away, unless you use some super specific regional IP from your ISP. The standard google 8.8.8.8 is pretty ubiquitous if you just use that.

You mentioned a dedicated box for the VPN, and that's the easiest way to bifurcate the connection but you can also establish an SSH tunnel to a remote server and then configure the routing tables to access the MLB servers through it and the remaining traffic through the primary gateway
    Well, I have always used VPNs to servers outside the US. That might be the issue. I never tried to shift location INSIDE the US. Your second option I understand in concept, but I would have to study up to execute it. Finding a vpn with IPs not on the blocklists may be a bigger challenge if MLB upgrades to Netflix standards. In any case, there always seems to be a way if you are willing to spend the effort to learn how to do it.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I went through this before, when Charlie Ergen's Dish Network did not pick up YES at its birth. I had to drop Dish and get DirecTV the week before Opening Day. Switching satellites was a much bigger deal. To this day, DISH does not have YES.

If DISH drops a Regional Sports Network, don't expect them to get it back. Ever.

Their business model is to cater to the budget conscious. Live sports drives the cost, so Dish's plan is to let them go. The sports fans will find their fix elsewhere; those who don't want to pay for sports will stay...

I believe Ergen is on the record saying he has no intention of ever chasing a RSN he's lost over a cost dispute... The customers will not come back, because they've already moved on (to DTV, or some other platform).

Sometimes I think old man Dolan had it right back in the not too distant past... Want a RSN? It's a premium channel; pay accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Do you have a friend/relative outside the New York area? You can buy a slingbox and install on their TV and sign up for Baseball package. 1 time cost of 250 for slingbox and then 200 annual cost for baseball package
    Why do you have to do all that?

You can stream Sling for $30/month with YES. Unless something changed, I did so last year. Had to be inmarket though.
    “It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.”
    ― Epictetus

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post
    You can stream Sling for $30/month with YES. Unless something changed, I did so last year. Had to be inmarket though.
    YES is not available on sling
    https://www.sling.com/channels

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    So right now you’re paying $151 per month and YES network is gone. Adding ATT now will still be cheaper than the xfinity package?
    I live in Maryland. MLB.TV fulfills all my NYY needs (and I unlocate my AppleTV streaming device to pickup when they play the O’s, because MASN/2 aren’t on any streaming options, either. But that has to do with Angelos never entering any negotiation in good faith with any provider (ever, really).
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Do you have a friend/relative outside the New York area? You can buy a slingbox and install on their TV and sign up for Baseball package. 1 time cost of 250 for slingbox and then 200 annual cost for baseball package
    Sling box will be discontinued. https://www.slingbox.com/discontinued

Too bad. This was a great product especially to get around in market blackouts

Thread Information