+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 59 60 61 62
Results 1,526 to 1,547 of 1547
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2020 Post-Season Notes and Discussion

The Dodgers are really a good team, aren't they? I don't think the Yankees would have beaten them anyway.

Although it would have been fun to watch them try lol.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    BTW, Walker Buehler was chosen 24th overall in the 2015 MLB draft. The Yankees chose James Kaprielian at #16. You can find good players picking later in the draft.
    The Yankees are terrible at drafting. They need to completely revamp that part of the organization.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    The Dodgers are really a good team, aren't they? I don't think the Yankees would have beaten them anyway.

Cole could have won a game and the two travel days would have helped the bullpen but I agree. And of course Roberts would have out managed Boone/Cashman.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Cole could have won a game and the two travel days would have helped the bullpen but I agree. And of course Roberts would have out managed Boone/Cashman.

But we would have been "oh so close", and it would give Cashman even more reason to remain stubborn and obstinate about not improving this team, while sitting on these terrible contracts and a log jam of a roster. The best thing has happened, the Rays kicked our tail, and will continue to do so for next several years, while we flounder and make excuses and get overtaken by the Jays. It will be very apparent where this storied franchise stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    I'm not so sure he's a nobody. Just young and upcoming. He has fewer than 85 regular season at bats in his career. Don't know how they're going to treat the 2020 season but he could be considered a rookie in 2021.
    He’s a somebody now, but nobody heard about him before. St Louis gave up on him too. See we’re not the only backwards team.

Not sure if I read his stats wrong but his post season numbers are nearly identical to his 2020 stats. That seems impossible!
    10-08-20 not pitching for 14 days, Jordan Montgomery erased the sins of management's game 2 debacle & saved our season for another day!

Devoted Member

A complicated 2 weeks didn't leave me much time for truly scouring Yankee news, but from what little I was able to do it seemed to me--and please correct me if I'm wrong--that the death of Whitey Ford seemed ... what? Under-recognized?

Whitey was a very great Yankee, and it's hard to imagine the Stengel-Houk dynasties without his contribution, especially in the World Series. Although not as colorful as Berra, he was evey bit the clutch performer in October that Yogi was. He was also amusing, as in his remark on the WS record he set in 1961 (breaking Ruth's pitching record) and on Maris's 61 hrs: "It was a bad year for the Babe." It had the Fordian irreverence about it.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post

They're a depressingly good team and a much cleverer organization than that of the NYY. That the Yankees didn't make it to the Series must have caused deep depression at the network(s).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    They're a depressingly good team and a much cleverer organization than that of the NYY. That the Yankees didn't make it to the Series must have caused deep depression at the network(s).
    Yankees/Dodgers would have been a ratings bonanza. Rays are a very good team but are not going to generate National ratings.

Yankees/Dodgers would have been a ratings bonanza. Rays are a very good team but are not going to generate National ratings.
    To be fair not even their fans care
    10-08-20 not pitching for 14 days, Jordan Montgomery erased the sins of management's game 2 debacle & saved our season for another day!

Dodgers are putting on a clinic. Putting the ball in play, pitching great, and playing solid defense.

Putting the ball in play again pays off.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    Dodgers are putting on a clinic. Putting the ball in play, pitching great, and playing solid defense.
    Until they brought Baez in to pitch.

Until they brought Baez in to pitch.
    Still tied. If Dodgers win this, the series is over.

What a contrast of styles.

Are we done with the Jansen is the closer nonsense? The guy continually coughs up leads in the playoffs.

Oh, and Roberts is probably the only manager that Boone could possibly outmanage.

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Are we done with the Jansen is the closer nonsense? The guy continually coughs up leads in the playoffs.

Oh, and Roberts is probably the only manager that Boone could possibly outmanage.
    Roberts is awful.
    Last edited by matt2351; Today at 03:46 AM.

NYYF Legend

That was one hell of an ending to a WS game.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    That was one hell of an ending to a WS game.
    Speed kills. Errors kill. Arozarena's tumble kills

https://twitter.com/i/status/1320227365751033856

NYYF Legend

And Jansen gave up a HR in the 9th of game 3 too.

Angry Re: 2020 Post-Season Notes and Discussion

And Jansen gave up a HR in the 9th of game 3 too.
    Yup. And guess what Roberts had him doing last night? Facing the same guy who homered off him last night AND earlier in the game, with a runner on first, 2 outs, up 1 in the bottom of the ninth? Pitch to him. You can't make this stuff up. Yes, I'm fully aware of what happened after. But it was asinine to pitch to Arozarena with Brett freaking Phillips on deck!

If they lose, Roberts must be fired. Hell, I'd fire him if they won. That team wins inspite of him.

NYYF Legend

Yup. And guess what Roberts had him doing last night? Facing the same guy who homered off him last night AND earlier in the game, with a runner on first, 2 outs, up 1 in the bottom of the ninth? Pitch to him. You can't make this stuff up. Yes, I'm fully aware of what happened after. But it was asinine to pitch to Arozarena with Brett freaking Phillips on deck!

If they lose, Roberts must be fired. Hell, I'd fire him if they won. That team wins inspite of him.
    I thought Roberts would be fired last year. If he doesn't win I don't see how he survives.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I thought Roberts would be fired last year. If he doesn't win I don't see how he survives.
    You mean managers can be fired if they don't win the WS? I guess it's ok not to replace a manager who can't get you to the WS.

Thread Information