+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1642
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2020 Post-Season Notes and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    That was certainly one of many issues that have led up to this point. Actually punishing players and the team in a meaningful way could also have averted this.
    Well sure. That would have made the most sense.

Tex adds some fuel to the fire

https://nypost.com/2020/10/16/mark-t...ade-luke-voit/

Trade Voit, sign Didi, extend DJ,move Torres back to 2nd

Addicted Member

That was certainly one of many issues that have led up to this point. Actually punishing players and the team in a meaningful way could also have averted this.
    Agreed. Punishment such as ineligibility/disqualification to play in the postseason would have been appropriate. But that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I am now rooting for the Astros because MLB deserves this black eye.
    I wonder how Dusty feels leading the no good, stinking bleeps to the promised land being the old school guy he is?
    10-08-20 not pitching for 14 days, Jordan Montgomery erased the sins of management's game 2 debacle & saved our season for another day!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post
    I wonder how Dusty feels leading the no good, stinking bleeps to the promised land being the old school guy he is?
    Nobody forced him to become their manager. It was his decision so I do not think it's bothering him at all.

NYYF HOF

This season is a made-for-TV freak show that Manfred created.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Nobody forced him to become their manager. It was his decision so I do not think it's bothering him at all.
    You're probably right. I guess no one has morals any more when it comes to money.
    Last edited by Krall; 10-17-20 at 09:58 AM.
    10-08-20 not pitching for 14 days, Jordan Montgomery erased the sins of management's game 2 debacle & saved our season for another day!

Being an old school guy means that he has been around a lot of cheating...Bonds and Sosa being some of his most famous connections.

If they win, in neutral stadiums. It would be hilarious and in a perfect world, would embarrass everyone in our org. But it wont, so I'll have to settle for funny.

I think the NL winner will have too much offense for either team in the AL.

Death Star Fully Operational

MLB is going to have one heck of a black eye, if the Astros win the World Series. A sub-.500 team that was "punished" for cheating before the season. Big black eye.
    Yup and I hope the rest of the MLB owners let him know that.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

NYYF Cy Young

Iím at a point now where I want the Astros to win so mlb has deal with the awkwardness of a sub 500 team, that they failed to punish whatsoever, waltzing in to the World Series. Plus I find Kevin cash and this rays team especially irritating.
    Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Kelly View Post
    I’m at a point now where I want the Astros to win so mlb has deal with the awkwardness of a sub 500 team, that they failed to punish whatsoever, waltzing in to the World Series. Plus I find Kevin cash and this rays team especially irritating.
    That's true. Don't like the Astros either but at least they did not rub it in our faces when they beat the Yankees in 17 and 19.

Quote Originally Posted by tkl View Post
    Agreed. Punishment such as ineligibility/disqualification to play in the postseason would have been appropriate. But that will never happen.

An NCAA-style punishment is what was appropriate. Vacated title, ineligibility for postseason, suspensions of players, coaches, and executives. That would have been just.

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Being an old school guy means that he has been around a lot of cheating...Bonds and Sosa being some of his most famous connections.

If they win, in neutral stadiums. It would be hilarious and in a perfect world, would embarrass everyone in our org. But it wont, so I'll have to settle for funny.

Good point, those old school guys used every trick in the book to win.

Iíll tip my cap to him, his team while having self inflicted wounds is doing what seems like the impossible with the whole world hating them. The dude is running the most analytical team out there and still has the grit to order a bunt.

We even stole their best pitcher and yet we still watch from afar.

NYYF Legend

Good point, those old school guys used every trick in the book to win.

Iíll tip my cap to him, his team while having self inflicted wounds is doing what seems like the impossible with the whole world hating them. The dude is running the most analytical team out there and still has the grit to order a bunt.

We even stole their best pitcher and yet we still watch from afar.
    And their other ace out for the season.

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Kelly View Post
    I’m at a point now where I want the Astros to win so mlb has deal with the awkwardness of a sub 500 team, that they failed to punish whatsoever, waltzing in to the World Series. Plus I find Kevin cash and this rays team especially irritating.
    ^^^This^^^

I agree. I wanna see Houston lose to the NL team though...

The Rays are like a fly that gets into your house you just wanna swat....

Plus Boone & Cashman can't use well the Yankees lost to the best team excuse. Houston lost Cole & Verlander...

I'm a long suffering Las Vegas Raiders fan. Al Davis used to have a sign outside the locker room. The Raiders Rules- Raiders Rule Number One: Cheating Is Encouraged. Raider Rule Number Two: See Number one....
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...Ö

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post

I didn't think the Astros had the pitching to survive a 5 game series with no days off. If they manage to beat the Rays in a 7 game series with no days off it would be impressive.

I also think the Astros have a real chance in the World Series because they have the traditional off days. Being able to move another starter to the pen would be big for them.

Their ability to develop pitching is really annoying as a Yankee fan. Their farm system was ranked pretty low going into this season. Even without a first and second round draft pick this year and next they manage to find 3 legit starters in Valdez, Javier, and Urquidy. Valdez looks like and ace and is under team control for 4 more years. Plus they have some really nice arms in the pen with Paredes, Taylor, and Scrubb that are under team control and cheap for the next 5 seasons. They also still have Forest Whitley and he is supposed to be their best pitching prospect. These pitchers and Kyle Tucker's emergence probably extended their window as contenders for several years. They have 165 million combined coming off the payroll after this season and next season with only a couple guys being in arbtiration. They can afford to keep Springer and Correa if they want.

Reading these threads, it seems the Yankees lag in player selection or development or both.

Back to Judge,Sevvy and Sanchez, where are they young guys , pitching or otherwise, developed and playing for NY?

TB,Houston,Atlanta all seem to keep the cupboard full

NYYF Legend

MLB is going to have one heck of a black eye, if the Astros win the World Series. A sub-.500 team that was "punished" for cheating before the season. Big black eye.
    IMO, just another reason to further discount the entire 2020 nightmare season.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MyBoysKaosHavoK View Post
    ^^^This^^^

I agree. I wanna see Houston lose to the NL team though...

The Rays are like a fly that gets into your house you just wanna swat....

Plus Boone & Cashman can't use well the Yankees lost to the best team excuse. Houston lost Cole & Verlander...

I'm a long suffering Las Vegas Raiders fan. Al Davis used to have a sign outside the locker room. The Raiders Rules- Raiders Rule Number One: Cheating Is Encouraged. Raider Rule Number Two: See Number one....
    Long suffering Raiders fan? Try being a Jets fan like I am. Now that's long suffering!

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    And their other ace out for the season.
    And a 2B that can't throw!

They should be dead in the water! Everyone should hate them for sure, but it's pretty amazing what they are doing.

NYYF Legend

And a 2B that can't throw!

They should be dead in the water! Everyone should hate them for sure, but it's pretty amazing what they are doing.
    They should have played the Rays in the first round. Instead they played the Twins.

Intellectually, I told myself I didn't care who won. The Rays just beat us and the Astros winning would give us company after 2004 but on the other hand the Astros cheated and got away with it.

But I was kidding myself. As soon as the game started, it was go Rays.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by sd. View Post
    Intellectually, I told myself I didn't care who won. The Rays just beat us and the Astros winning would give us company after 2004 but on the other hand the Astros cheated and got away with it.

But I was kidding myself. As soon as the game started, it was go Rays.
    Same for me, but as I thought about it--low-paying outfit, forced to play in a dump, handful of losers show up to watch their games, etc.--I found it impossible to be indifferent. Especially helpful was their opponent. For the Astros to have won, it would have been as if God had turned his back on the game.

Indeed, I've become a kind of admirer of the Rays. They're just always there, in competition, with superb pitching and pitching development. The Yankees? Rich as Croesus, fantastic history, etc. And yet injury-cursed (I sense a kind of theological motif here but what can I do?).

The Friedman Bowl is on.

NYYF Legend

After all, teams with best record meet in WS.

Thread Information