+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 43 44 45 46
Results 1,126 to 1,133 of 1133

Re: The 2020 MLB Postseason Thread

To refresh everyone's memories - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-35ghwAw90

Btw, look how the Yankees did it - stringing together hits. Beautiful baseball. Relentless.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    He would have had to been at only 60 pitches through 6 for that to happen. Chances are he was coming out somewhere in the 6th and Anderson or Fairbanks would have still blown the game.
    True. Asking for a complete game is a bit much. The point really is it still could have gone down as a great performance instead of arguably one of the worst gaffe’s in WS history.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Sounds like the same logic Grady Little used when he kept Pedro in.
    Good discussion on this. What I think is important is accountability. I see so many games where the analytics seem to manage the game instead of what we see on the field. A set plan going into a game. I do think it's good to have a plan (Cash did it in our game 4?) but you need to have the manager to manage during a game. I think this cost Grady Little his job. He made a terrible decision to leave Pedro in (who I liked even if he is/was a BoSox) and then left him in to face Mazuzi (sp). Look I wanted Boone replaced with Hinch because he is a better manager. IMO We rely too much on analytics with putting together a team and all I hear on excuses.

thanks

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Good discussion on this. What I think is important is accountability. I see so many games where the analytics seem to manage the game instead of what we see on the field. A set plan going into a game. I do think it's good to have a plan (Cash did it in our game 4?) but you need to have the manager to manage during a game. I think this cost Grady Little his job. He made a terrible decision to leave Pedro in (who I liked even if he is/was a BoSox) and then left him in to face Mazuzi (sp). Look I wanted Boone replaced with Hinch because he is a better manager. IMO We rely too much on analytics with putting together a team and all I hear on excuses.

thanks
    Matsui?

Analytics has its place....as a guide. But, let the managers manage and the players play. Interesting take regards to accountability. Cash stood there and owned the decision. But if he had left Snell in and it didn’t work out, would he have had to answer to management? Would his job have been on the line?
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Matsui?

Analytics has its place....as a guide. But, let the managers manage and the players play. Interesting take regards to accountability. Cash stood there and owned the decision. But if he had left Snell in and it didn’t work out, would he have had to answer to management? Would his job have been on the line?
    RIGHT. thanks for the correction. I always liked his real name: Godzilla. I think he got the winning hit like the earlier post - getting hits with RISP. No, management is very happy with Cash. I do respect Cash, Mookie was his answer and we will never know, he has a quick hook and feel pulled Snell when he got in trouble like he did with Anderson. Cash did a super job this year. I feel the TB management was thrilled he got to the WS. I think - the BoSox fired Gardy Little that year (2003) and hired Terry Francona (a better manager) and won the WS the next year (I hated 2004). It was a good BoSox move. Different managers.

Morning News White Sox hired Tony LaRusso - Great Baseball Manager and happy White Sox did this. He never really retired and saw him in the box with Dave Drombromski watching the Yankee - BoSox games.

I feel we could have improved the team with Hinch (Cora to BoSox and Hinch to White Sox?) but in Boone's defense I don't know if he is totally responsible for managing the team (Game 2). This is Cashman's team.

thanks
    Last edited by bucky; Today at 07:01 AM. Reason: LaRusso goes to White Sox....

In unrelated news, the White Sox saw the horrific in-game management skills of Kevin Cash on full display and immediately hired Tony La Russa to ensure analytics will never be a factor for them.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Close. Funny how this worked out. You never know but HOU knew it had another game and won the WS. Hinch would have been nuts to take Verlander out. But Cash had his reason: Mookie. Names were different. Single - then took Snell out for Anderson reason - Betts got a double and the a wild pitch and later scored.

Hinch just went to the Tigers and Cora is going to be interviewed by BoSox. Both Hinch and Cash are solid managers. Life sucks.

It's baseball.

Thread Information