+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2020 Luke Voit Performance Thread

One behind Trout for HR lead

NYYF Legend

Re: 2020 Luke Voit Performance Thread

Guy can hit and he's not a wuss likely everyone else. Playing through foot injury like a champ.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    One behind Trout for HR lead
    Nope.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

lol, why would Woj go anywhere near him

What a breakthrough season. We need more posts in the Voit performance thread-can't believe i'm only post #5. Team control through 2024 is pretty great too.

NYYF Legend

I think Luke is becoming a leader on that team. Nice games! I'll be interested in his postgame remarks
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Guy can hit and he's not a wuss likely everyone else. Playing through foot injury like a champ.
    Reminiscent of Mantle.
    "The Yankee is one who, if he once gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't make him let go." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Been a fan since last year of this guy. He's been the one steady bat in the lineup all year.

Death Star Fully Operational

Voit can hit, it's obvious his core injury last year negatively affected him in 2019, when he was having an outstanding season until that injury over in London.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

NYYF Triple Crown

I don't know the pitch type (FB vs off speed). What really impresses me is his SO% went from 0.368 in July to 0.167 in September. WOW I hope this continues but that is what I am watching. He could always hit. 1 HR every 8.5 ABs. His defense has definitely got better than last year.

Great AB to win with Sac Fly. I think he was behind on nasty pitches inside. I did some looking into his batting (we know his fielding was poor last year and I watched 2 tough games this year). Big improvement in fielding at first. Look into the post about his injury. Prior to his injury he was 26.1% K and wRC+ 134. He improved his batting this year too: I am still watching his Ks, (Ks go down), WRC+ 161 is better than last year before he got hurt. Earlier I posted I would trade him and Hicks because their value but Voit is my most improved player this year. I didn't like giving up Gallepos (?sp) because I like pitching but Brian did a great job.
    Last edited by bucky; 09-12-20 at 04:18 PM. Reason: today's game

NYYF Legend

According to Cotts he has 4 more years of team control and will be a super 2 this offseason. This is outstanding.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Voit fouled off some flaming fastballs with 2 strikes before launching the sac fly. I didn't think he would come back from the core injury this good but his trimmer version still has plenty of power and he has just the right amount of patience at the plate. His D can use some improvement but it's better than last year.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

The guy is a warrior. Hoping his leadership catches on and that the rest of the roster can stay healthy enough to up their game as well.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Luke Voit hit one to Detroit!!!

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

He always puts together a good at bat. Even when he's struggling, he doesn't chase, garbage, fouls off pitches and makes the pitcher earn the out. Reminds of Gardner in that sense. Even when he's in a bad slump, he puts up a good at bat.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

He surprise me! I always thought of him as a platoon player at first only playing against lefty pitchers. Is he going to be a regular for several years? That remains to be seen.

Bet yer ass

The bat is beyond doubt. Fully legit elite offense. Would be so huge if Stanton could play the OF in 2021 and they can upgrade 1B defense with a solid bat. Or, if Stanton continues to spend 90% of the year on the IL that they just give DH to Voit when he's out.

NYYF Legend

I trust Voit 1000x more than Stanton. When Judge comes back, please do not put Stanton ahead of this man.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    The bat is beyond doubt. Fully legit elite offense.
    This is so incredible to me. Legitimately elite offensive production ceiling. And on minimum money and full team control.

AND acquired for a journeyman lefty reliever, with the added bonus of high-end international arm to boot.

Good LORD, what a trade.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I trust Voit 1000x more than Stanton. When Judge comes back, please do not put Stanton ahead of this man.
    Do you mean in the batting order, or do you think Judge coming back would make Voit sit? Can't see that happening.

The real guy we should all be concerned about is Frazier. When Judge comes back, Frazier needs to stay in this lineup. That could mean putting him in LF and sitting Gardner/Tauchman, but I would also rather see Frazier over Stanton at DH if that's what it takes to keep his bat in there.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    This is so incredible to me. Legitimately elite offensive production ceiling. And on minimum money and full team control.

AND acquired for a journeyman lefty reliever, with the added bonus of high-end international arm to boot.

Good LORD, what a trade.
    Such a (currently) underlooked component of an already hugely lopsided trade (even with Gallegos being a pleasant surprise).

Sounds like Osiel Rodriguez had some injury challenges and didn't look great in the DOSL in a SSS, but he's a an elite young specimen... even if he doesn't pan out just the fact that they were able to acquire Voit and get the IFA money the needed to acquire an elite prospect is an absolute coup. Makes the Swisher trade look like a yawner.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Do you mean in the batting order, or do you think Judge coming back would make Voit sit? Can't see that happening.

The real guy we should all be concerned about is Frazier. When Judge comes back, Frazier needs to stay in this lineup. That could mean putting him in LF and sitting Gardner/Tauchman, but I would also rather see Frazier over Stanton at DH if that's what it takes to keep his bat in there.
    Boone already said that Frazier will stay in the lineup with Judge and slide to LF.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Do you mean in the batting order, or do you think Judge coming back would make Voit sit? Can't see that happening..
    I meant batting order wise. I really don't want to see Judge-Stanton back to back like they had it earlier in the year.

Agreed. They said Frazier will be LFer when Judge returns, which means Stanton DH. We'll see how it plays out.
    Calmer than you are

Thread Information