+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

2020 Trade Deadline Thread

The trade deadline is 4pm ET on Aug. 31. Waiver trades after that date are NOT allowed.

Dylan Bundy, RHP, Angels
    The move from Baltimore to Anaheim has suited Dylan Bundy well. He has a 2.48 ERA and 0.80 WHIP for an Angels team that has been … not quite as fantastic while struggling to maintain stability in the rotation. Bundy, 27, is making only about $1.85 million this year and has one more arbitration year before free agency. So even if the Angels don’t achieve traction in the next couple of weeks, they could move forward with him. But because of that extra year of contractual control and the aforementioned environment, Bundy is precisely the kind of piece who could fetch a strong return.

Trevor Bauer, RHP, Reds
    It will probably take a lot to get the Reds to pull the plug on this season of high hopes. But it’s off to an erratic start, and Trevor Bauer, a pending free agent, has been one of the best starters in baseball, with a 0.93 ERA, 0.57 WHIP and 46.4% strikeout rate. The guy who has said repeatedly that big leaps in spin rate can’t be achieved without the use of sticky substances has seen big leaps in his spin rate. But Bauer’s stuff has always rated strongly, and he’s been at his best in 2020. Rotation mate Anthony DeSclafani is also a pending free agent and attractive starting trade chip if the Reds punt.

Mike Clevinger, RHP, Indians
    He broke team protocol. He lied to his teammates about it. Mike Clevinger and rotation mate Zach Plesac were basically voted off the island (“The Tribe has spoken…”) and are now biding their time at the alternate training site in Eastlake, Ohio. So you’ll hear Clevinger’s name mentioned plenty in this market (and probably Plesac’s, too), and the Indians might be in a similar spot to the one they were in with Bauer a year ago, when they were pretty much fed up with him and dealt him to Cincinnati. But the difficulty, in this environment, of executing a blockbuster for a high-caliber arm with two full seasons of control remaining can’t be overstated.
    https://www.mlb.com/news/these-start...ould-be-traded
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Re: 2020 Trade Deadline Thread

Get Bauer. If he keeps his head on straight, resign him.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Clevinger is a no brainer if the price is not outrageous. Cleveland wants to cut his salary and now they have a perfect excuse to do so even while competing. And Yankees match up well as a team that can give them ML quality OF help. Frazier is an obvious key piece and with the the way he is playing is more painful to trade as we now see the potential and have playing time for him, but Clevinger will make a bigger difference in the postseason this year and next so worth it to put him in a package with some like Garcia.

I think they should go after relievers too. Keone Kela is a guy that should be available and hopefully not for much given he's a pending FA but depends how much competition there is. Ken Giles is another one, but I don't think the Blue Jays are going to be an active seller its probably worth it for them to hang in there and hope to sneak into the playoffs with a young team that could surprise in this playoff format.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Get Bauer. If he keeps his head on straight, resign him.
    I've been on the Bauer bandwagon for 6 years. I know he likes to do small contracts. I hope the next one is with the Yanks if they can't trade for him. The team could use an outspoken dude who brings it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I've been on the Bauer bandwagon for 6 years. I know he likes to do small contracts. I hope the next one is with the Yanks if they can't trade for him. The team could use an outspoken dude who brings it.
    Yankees are not exactly partial to out spoken dudes.

NYYF Legend

Clevinger would be nice.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Clevinger is a no brainer if the price is not outrageous. Cleveland wants to cut his salary and now they have a perfect excuse to do so even while competing. And Yankees match up well as a team that can give them ML quality OF help. Frazier is an obvious key piece and with the the way he is playing is more painful to trade as we now see the potential and have playing time for him, but Clevinger will make a bigger difference in the postseason this year and next so worth it to put him in a package with some like Garcia.

I think they should go after relievers too. Keone Kela is a guy that should be available and hopefully not for much given he's a pending FA but depends how much competition there is. Ken Giles is another one, but I don't think the Blue Jays are going to be an active seller its probably worth it for them to hang in there and hope to sneak into the playoffs with a young team that could surprise in this playoff format.
    Cleavenger is 29, has 2 more years of team control, and a career 141 ERA+, he’s exactly the type of pitcher the yanks should be “paying an outrageous price” to acquire. If they could get him for Frazier, Garcia and another piece I’d do that in a heartbeat.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Yankees are not exactly partial to out spoken dudes.
    Meh. We had Gary Sheffield patrolling the OF for a bit and he was kind of a d-bag. Sabathia is outspoken. Coney is as well. We dealt with Arod and he was a publicity nightmare. As long as he produces things will be peachy. It's not really a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Clevinger would be nice.
    I would definitely be good with this as well.

NYYF Legend

Meh. We had Gary Sheffield patrolling the OF for a bit and he was kind of a d-bag. Sabathia is outspoken. Coney is as well. We dealt with Arod and he was a publicity nightmare. As long as he produces things will be peachy. It's not really a big deal.

I would definitely be good with this as well.
    Just saying not sure the front office would want him. The players you mentioned all acquired when George was still alive. I agree Bauer would be a good pickup.

I can't see Cleveland dealing Clevinger to an AL team with the prospect of facing that team in the post season and future post seasons.

Meh. We had Gary Sheffield patrolling the OF for a bit and he was kind of a d-bag.
    "Kind of?"

Sheffield also wore out his welcome here in a big way.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow
    Person, woman, man, camera, TV

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    "Kind of?"

I was trying to be nice.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

I want Alex Cobb. Do YOU want Alex Cobb?
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    "Kind of?"

And they could have signed Vlad instead of Gary. But George took Strawberry's advice instead.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Doesn’t he have a terrible contract?
    Wasn’t he horrible last year?
    Didn’t he get lit up on my fantasy team his last start?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Cleavenger is 29, has 2 more years of team control, and a career 141 ERA+, he’s exactly the type of pitcher the yanks should be “paying an outrageous price” to acquire. If they could get him for Frazier, Garcia and another piece I’d do that in a heartbeat.
    Agreed. Perfect time to strike, Clevinger wouldn't be available if not for this incident and Frazier's value is back up to its high as he's on fire offensively and looks to have cleaned up the defense. Great fit to slot in right behind Cole in the playoffs.

NYYF Legend

Yes, yes, can't answer the last question.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

you're so picky
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

I don't think the reds trade Bauer. They can make a serious run in the playoffs with Sonny, Bauer, and Castillo. Not to mention their lineup has some breakout hitters in Castellanos and Winker. I think if anything they will trade to acquire bullpen help.

Bundy is really interesting-he has broken out and the team is awful, but he is kind of the definition of a "buy high." Also, the Angels may be reluctant to rebuild as long as they have Trout.

I agree that Cleveland would probably not want to trade Clev to the Yankees, and unfortunately they already have young players in the corner outfield so they probably don't want Frazier back.

What about Lance Lynn? The Rangers aren't going to compete any time soon, and he has been lights out with team control through 2021.

NYYF Legend

Sadly Lynn is probably the most realistic option. He's actually been very good for the Rangers.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Sadly Lynn is probably the most realistic option. He's actually been very good for the Rangers.
    Why do you say sadly? He would immediately become the #2 starter in the rotation.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    Why do you say sadly? He would immediately become the #2 starter in the rotation.
    Starting pitchers sure seem to get much better once they leave the Yankees and their elite coaching staff.

Speaking of Reds starting pitchers and former Yankees pitchers succeeding, anyone seen what Sonny Gray is up to?

NYYF Legend

If Paxton is hurting again, the Yankees will have to make a SP trade. Yet I can't help the feeling of been there done that with Lynn. I'm sure if he comes back to NY, his velocity will magically decrease by 10 mph.

Thread Information