+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Re: 2020 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I did not make the rules. Pre 1900 stats are considered different because the rules of baseball were not the same in the 19th century.

https://www.history.com/news/what-is...lls-modern-era
    "...1900 is now considered the beginning of the modern era in Major League Baseball, and today’s records are based on player statistics since that time."
    "The sport’s pre-modern era encompasses the first official game played in the United States
    (in Hoboken, New Jersey, in 1846), along with the country’s first professional team,
    the Cincinnati Red Stockings (whose first season was 1869).
    Over the course of the sport’s first few decades, however, many of the games’ rules and regulations were in flux, including the distance of the pitcher’s mound from home plate.
    But by 1900 most of these rules had been codified, and with the founding of the American League and the playing of the first World Series a few years later, baseball became the national pastime we know today.
    "
    "The Yankee is one who, if he once gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't make him let go." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Also ran across this article entitled Baseball Before 1900 Chronology: Some of it is pretty funny like the entry for 1861 Feb 04 for a game played on ice skates on a frozen pond. LOL:
    http://www.fussichen.com/oftheday/otdbba.htm
    "The Yankee is one who, if he once gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't make him let go." Ralph Waldo Emerson

NYYF Legend

Based on the two years that he's had, I don't see LeMahieu staying on the cheap. And with that being the case, I sure hope that the Yankees don not play hardball with him but I suspect that they will.

Even when the machine is having a bad day he still manages the game winning hit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Based on the two years that he's had, I don't see LeMahieu staying on the cheap. And with that being the case, I sure hope that the Yankees don not play hardball with him but I suspect that they will.
    Hes already given them two top-10 MVP level seasons for cheap. Time for the Cash Man to pay up.

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Hes already given them two top-10 MVP level seasons for cheap. Time for the Cash Man to pay up.
    Totally agree, he can play 4 positions and has been the glue of the team for 2 seasons now!

He is 32 years old...what are some guesses that he will sign for? I think a 4 year deal would be ideal...$75mil??? However he/agent will probably push for 5 or 6.
    Interested in what you guys think.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IAyankee View Post
    Totally agree, he can play 4 positions and has been the glue of the team for 2 seasons now!

He is 32 years old...what are some guesses that he will sign for? I think a 4 year deal would be ideal...$75mil??? However he/agent will probably push for 5 or 6.
    I doubt anyone gives him 6. I'd think 4/75 is cheap. 5/100? 4/85?
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by IAyankee View Post

I would start at 5 years, $90 million and go from there. I don’t think something like 5/120 is out of the question.

He went from a guy I didn’t really even want to one of my favorite guys on the team. Such a good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    I doubt anyone gives him 6. I'd think 4/75 is cheap. 5/100? 4/85?
    I think an interesting over/under is $100MM guaranteed.

Barring any real or manufactured financial concerns for clubs related to the pandemic, I'd have EASILY taken the over on that coming off his last two seasons. I think barring teams that could use his talents being unable or unwilling to ante up at pre-COVID market rates, he'll clear that hurdle for sure. And the Yankees would be foolish to let him walk IMHO

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I think an interesting over/under is $100MM guaranteed.
    I agree, $100M is a good gauge. I'd be thrilled if the Yankees offer (and DJ accepts) 4yrs/$100M.

Not sold on a 5th year, but it can be a bargaining tool to lower the AAV if necessary. Maybe 5yrs/$110M with an opt-out after 3 years?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Thread Information