+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 163 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 4075

Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

Something I really like about Deivi, he doesn’t get rattled very easily. He gives up a home run, regroups, and moves on.

NYYF Legend

Mike king may be a useful part of a ML rotation some day, but he’s too erratic to trust right now.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
    Something I really like about Deivi, he doesn’t get rattled very easily. He gives up a home run, regroups, and moves on.
    Deivi in the playoffs. The final piece.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    They are both bad hitters. I mean Gardner hasn't played RF because he can play CF/LF, not because of ability.

I just think its important to get Clint as many reps in LF before the playoffs. Whatever.
    I agree. I would love to see the Yanks give Clint regular reps in LF. I actually think I'd prefer to put Judge in LF and keep Clint in RF where he seems comfortable but I don't think the Yanks will do that in deference to Judge (even though he seems to have a personality that would understand shifting to LF temporarily).

Death Star Fully Operational

Stanton is not playing on Wednesday while Estrada was sent to the alternate site after Tuesday’s game which probably means Judge is being activated and perhaps Torres might be back in the lineup too.

Boone stated before Tuesday’s game they were going to be careful ramping Stanton up before playing him several games in a row. Another organizational decision that some Yankees fans won’t be happy about, but that’s the way it is with this team. I expect the same thing with Judge.

Nice win last night, but King needs to tighten up his arsenal, otherwise he’s not going to make it as a MLB pitcher. He’s been disappointing this truncated season.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

Voit is on pace for a 61 HR season (162 games of course ).

With this production, Voit is clearly Cash's best transaction particularly in light of his $573K salary.

Some on here have suggested we should trade him but his production/cost makes it a no-brainer to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategerie View Post
    I agree. I would love to see the Yanks give Clint regular reps in LF. I actually think I'd prefer to put Judge in LF and keep Clint in RF where he seems comfortable but I don't think the Yanks will do that in deference to Judge (even though he seems to have a personality that would understand shifting to LF temporarily).
    Judge is a great RF....Clint needs to learn LF.

As others have noted, the challenge the Yankees have is that we have a lot of DH's on roster vs. quality fielding positional players at all positions.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Nice win last night, but King needs to tighten up his arsenal, otherwise he’s not going to make it as a MLB pitcher. He’s been disappointing this truncated season.
    One of the problems with the expanded 28 man roster is that teams are keeping an extra pitcher or 2 that in a normal season King and Nelson would be stretched out in AAA. So only 12 players can be on a option assignment at any time which is actually hurting player development this season. I just hope MLB commits to a 26 man roster next season.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Voit is on pace for a 61 HR season (162 games of course ).

With this production, Voit is clearly Cash's best transaction particularly in light of his $573K salary.

Some on here have suggested we should trade him but his production/cost makes it a no-brainer to keep.
    Hard to believe back in March it was going to be a competition between Voit and Ford to be the regular first baseman.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    One of the problems with the expanded 28 man roster is that teams are keeping an extra pitcher or 2 that in a normal season King and Nelson would be stretched out in AAA. So only 12 players can be on a option assignment at any time which is actually hurting player development this season. I just hope MLB commits to a 26 man roster next season.
    Yup, a lot of players are getting hurt because of the lack of player development in playing a minor league season.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Hard to believe back in March it was going to be a competition between Voit and Ford to be the regular first baseman.
    It's because too many people didn't realize how much a sports hernia negatively affects a hitter like Voit. He tried to play through it, but he wasn't the same hitter as he was before the injury. Voit losing some weight probably helps too. Ford is having a rough season and his being hurt by this truncated season without any minor league season to get his timing back hitting-wise.

MLB blew up the playoffs. No off days during the DS and CS rounds is crazy. Even worse, they found space for 3 off days between the WC and DS series! They've added playoffs games and assured warm weather sites, but moved WS game 7 UP? Why? No bullpen days in the playoffs, teams didn't know they'd need 5 starters until now. I don't understand this.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gullo317 View Post
    MLB blew up the playoffs. No off days during the DS and CS rounds is crazy. Even worse, they found space for 3 off days between the WC and DS series! They've added playoffs games and assured warm weather sites, but moved WS game 7 UP? Why? No bullpen days in the playoffs, teams didn't know they'd need 5 starters until now. I don't understand this.
    They are also keeping this 16 team playoff format for future seasons. It makes the 162 game season completely worthless. He's ruined the sport.

A 60 win team can end the season of a 110 win team by winning 2 games. It's a disgrace. Total money grab by owners. Teams can continue to spend nothing, and make the playoffs. Of course they love the idea of being rewarded for being cheap.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

I don't mind the change this season, but they did minimize the significance of the 162 game season if this is what's going to happen in the future. If so then more attention to building a quality and deep pitching staff will be the focus for GMs.

The owners want these playoffs to stick, that doesn't mean they'll get it. The players will want something in return and we all got to see how good the 2 sides are at negotiating this year. I'd bet against it for 2021, but expansion will be in the next CBA. Need to preserve the regular season meaning with something. The NFL gives the top 2 teams a bye in each league. Put one or two byes out there per league and increase the postseason to 12 or 14 teams rather than 16. Elimination of the one game playoff round is a plus, but not if there are 16 teams.

NYYF Legend

The owners want these playoffs to stick, that doesn't mean they'll get it. The players will want something in return and we all got to see how good the 2 sides are at negotiating this year. I'd bet against it for 2021, but expansion will be in the next CBA. Need to preserve the regular season meaning with something. The NFL gives the top 2 teams a bye in each league. Put one or two byes out there per league and increase the postseason to 12 or 14 teams rather than 16. Elimination of the one game playoff round is a plus, but not if there are 16 teams.
    good post
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

It's because too many people didn't realize how much a sports hernia negatively affects a hitter like Voit. He tried to play through it, but he wasn't the same hitter as he was before the injury. Voit losing some weight probably helps too. Ford is having a rough season and his being hurt by this truncated season without any minor league season to get his timing back hitting-wise.
    So how many more years is Voit under team control?

NYYF Legend

Very happy about last night's game. I hope the savages are awakening just at the right time. I also think that maybe the organization has babied their best players and their injuries in order to have the best chance of being totally healthy on Sept 28th.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

They are also keeping this 16 team playoff format for future seasons. It makes the 162 game season completely worthless. He's ruined the sport.

A 60 win team can end the season of a 110 win team by winning 2 games. It's a disgrace. Total money grab by owners. Teams can continue to spend nothing, and make the playoffs. Of course they love the idea of being rewarded for being cheap.

This playoff format is absurd. What is the point of playing 162 games, if this is the playoff format? I really hope this doesn't become the new norm, but I think it will.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    This playoff format is absurd. What is the point of playing 162 games, if this is the playoff format? I really hope this doesn't become the new norm, but I think it will.
    I don't see any reason why the players wouldn't agree to it as well. They get some money too from playoff shares. If they are going to expand the playoffs, they must incentivise winning the division. Otherwise, just play 60 games every year and start the playoffs.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

I don't see any reason why the players wouldn't agree to it as well. They get some money too from playoff shares. If they are going to expand the playoffs, they must incentivise winning the division. Otherwise, just play 60 games every year and start the playoffs.

Unfortunately, I agree on all counts. I see no reason the PA would fight this. Now, they will leverage it to get something, but I don't see them fighting it. There is no reason to play 162 games, if this is the new reality. I never thought I would be longing for the tenure of Bud Selig. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    I don't have a problem for this truncated season, but going forward with a normal 162 game season is not something I would like nor do I think the different fan bases would agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    So how many more years is Voit under team control?
    I believe four more years.

NYYF Legend

I don't have a problem for this truncated season, but going forward with a normal 162 game season is not something I would like nor do I think the different fan bases would agree with.
    Just watch. A 100 win team will lose the best of three to a 75 win team. I never liked Selig but Manfred is just so much worse. Watch him try to make that extra innings rule permanent too.

NYYF Legend

I believe four more years.
    Wow. If true that's unbelievable.

Thread Information