+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 195 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 179 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4854
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

Tim Anderson left this afternoon's game against the Reds with cramping in his right hamstring. Listed as day to day.

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

The New York Yankees are in the 2020 MLB Playoffs!
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Praying The Yankees get a home series in the first round.

It looks like if we get through the 3 game series our ALDS will be in Petco Park. Would have preferred Dodger Stadium with our offense that relies so much on the home run.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JLJ81 View Post
    It looks like if we get through the 3 game series our ALDS will be in Petco Park. Would have preferred Dodger Stadium with our offense that relies so much on the home run.
    They brought the fences in a few years back. Itís no longer the HR graveyard it once was. SD is 5th in MLB with 87 HRs but i didnít check out Home road splits.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    We were due for a game like this. Deivi didnít look sharp but hopefully he learns from it and is back to dominating his next start.
    I only started watching from the 2nd inning, but his stuff looked really good with lots of movement. I was hoping they'd let him pitch the 3rd, but I have no idea what his pitch count was at that point.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post
    I only started watching from the 2nd inning, but his stuff looked really good with lots of movement. I was hoping they'd let him pitch the 3rd, but I have no idea what his pitch count was at that point.
    Nah, he was missing badly with his location and hung breaking balls on both of the HRs to Chavis. Easily his worst start of the year.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Nah, he was missing badly with his location and hung breaking balls on both of the HRs to Chavis. Easily his worst start of the year.

No question command was way off..

But what bothered me more was velocity... Guys have starts with no command, happens all the time even to the best in the game.. But Deivi has been sitting 93-94 with his fastball in what I have been seeing, he's not going to throw 100+, but yesterday he was 90-91, and that bothered me..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

And I thought I heard Cone say he wasn't throwing his curveball?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR31 View Post
    And I thought I heard Cone say he wasn't throwing his curveball?
    He wasn't. He was FB/Change almost exclusively until the HR. No idea why.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post

I guess Garcia and Happ have at least one more start before playoffs......if Garcia struggles again and Happ continues to pitch well, will Boone move Happ up to 3rd starter.......there is no way I would pitch Montgomery until a 5th starter if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by yesteryearman View Post
    I guess Garcia and Happ have at least one more start before playoffs......if Garcia struggles again and Happ continues to pitch well, will Boone move Happ up to 3rd starter.......there is no way I would pitch Montgomery until a 5th starter if needed.

Yeah barring something crazy, it's Cole, Tanaka, then Garcia/Happ in some order, and them Monty..
    With the back end guys, I have someone like Loaisiga on red alert to come in quickly if needed..

NYYF Legend

He wasn't. He was FB/Change almost exclusively until the HR. No idea why.
    It's not uncommon for a pitcher to try to go through the order the first time without showing all his pitches.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Yeah barring something crazy, it's Cole, Tanaka, then Garcia/Happ in some order, and them Monty..
    With the back end guys, I have someone like Loaisiga on red alert to come in quickly if needed..
    I was thinking if the Yanks win G1 behind Cole would it be better to start Garcia in G2 where there is less pressure since a loss is not elimination. Then Tanaka is lined up either for a must win G3 or G1 of the 2nd series. He may lose but you know he won't be rattled.
    Baseball is life;

San Diego, LA, or Target Field, it will be pitching, pitching, pitching in the playoffs.....so, I would hope to avoid Cleveland or Rays, first off, then White Sox......Cleveland has the best one, two, three starters.....Rays have best overall pitching.........the Rays have a bullpen full of hard throwers who are not intimidated by us....our hope is that Cole will shut down whoever we play putting us 1 up, then take our chances the rest of the series, be it 3, 5, 7 games and wherever it is played. If it somehow came down to it, I would not want to face McCullers either in a must win.....we've never been able to hit his curveball.......

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I was thinking if the Yanks win G1 behind Cole would it be better to start Garcia in G2 where there is less pressure since a loss is not elimination. Then Tanaka is lined up either for a must win G3 or G1 of the 2nd series. He may lose but you know he won't be rattled.

Actually that's a good idea for the 3 game first round...
    You sold me..

NYYF Legend

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/m...roldis-chapman

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that the appeal hearing for Aroldis Chapman has been pushed back to next year due to an issue involving availability of witnesses.
    Interesting. How MLB can't issue appeals of discipline in a reason amount compared to other sports is kind of pathetic.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/m...roldis-chapman

Interesting. How MLB can't issue appeals of discipline in a reason amount compared to other sports is kind of pathetic.
    Witnesses? They could just look at the video of when Chapman pitched.

I think the Yankees go Happ in the 3 game series. The Twins have not hit left handed pitching well this year. Their OPS is 150 points less against lefties.

This week is going to be crazy. The top 3 seeds in the AL are all within a couple games. I think those teams will be trying to avoid Cleveland in a short series.

I think the best case scenario for the Yankees would be...

1. A's
    2. Rays
    3. White Sox
    4. Yankees
    5. Twins
    6. Astros
    7. Cleveland
    8. Toronto

In this scenario the Yankees would not see the Rays, Astros, Indians, or White Sox until the ALCS. Beat the Twins and you get the winner between the A's and Toronto.

NYYF Legend

I think the Yankees go Happ in the 3 game series. The Twins have not hit left handed pitching well this year. Their OPS is 150 points less against lefties.

This week is going to be crazy. The top 3 seeds in the AL are all within a couple games. I think those teams will be trying to avoid Cleveland in a short series.

I think the best case scenario for the Yankees would be...

1. A's
    2. Rays
    3. White Sox
    4. Yankees
    5. Twins
    6. Astros
    7. Cleveland
    8. Toronto

In this scenario the Yankees would not see the Rays, Astros, Indians, or White Sox until the ALCS. Beat the Twins and you get the winner between the A's and Toronto.

Yes. That makes sense. And also means Yankees can only face one of those 4 teams. A's would be tough but at least with all the games on the West Coast traveling will not tire them out.

NYYF Legend

Tampa 35-19 (27-13 vALE) 3 each v NYM & PHI
    CHW 34-19 (25-11 vALC) 4 v CLE, 3 v CHC - need to go 3-1 v CLE to have out right tiebreaker over TB

A's 33-20 (24-12) 3 v LAD, 4 v SEA - need to go 4-0 v SEA the have out right tiebreaker over TB

If teams tied after 1st tie breaker (27-13 v AL) I think it goes to record in last 20 games but can't recall is it's all games or just v AL games. then it walks back 1 game at a time til tie broken.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Frazier rest day. Rest of the regulars in the lineup. No starting pitcher named yet.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Tampa 35-19 (27-13 vALE) 3 each v NYM & PHI
    CHW 34-19 (25-11 vALC) 4 v CLE, 3 v CHC - need to go 3-1 v CLE to have out right tiebreaker over TB

A's 33-20 (24-12) 3 v LAD, 4 v SEA - need to go 4-0 v SEA the have out right tiebreaker over TB

If teams tied after 1st tie breaker (27-13 v AL) I think it goes to record in last 20 games but can't recall is it's all games or just v AL games. then it walks back 1 game at a time til tie broken.
    If Yankees finish tied with the Twins who has the tiebreaker?

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-2020-po...aker-scenarios
    "The Yankee is one who, if he once gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't make him let go." Ralph Waldo Emerson

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Currently Yanks.

Yanks are 22-14 v ALE and Twins are 21-17 v ALC
    It would be hard to image the Yanks catching the Twins while losing 3 games to Toronto so in event of tie Yanks will probably still have tie breaker.
    Yanks have 4 v Tor & 3 V Mia
    Twins have 2 V DET and 3 v Cin.
    After Yanks/Tor and Min/Det we'll know 2nd tie breaker for sure.
    Baseball is life;

Thread Information