Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 161 162 163 164
Results 4,076 to 4,083 of 4083

Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

I feel like a lot of the Casey talk could apply to Torre

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxio View Post
    It's amazing how much better a manager Torre was when he had good players.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

All Aboard the Cole Train!! Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    DJ
    Judge
    Stanton
    Voit
    Torres
    Hicks
    Urshela
    Sanchez
    Frazier
    Takes a special kind of stupid to take your 3rd best hitter and bury him in the #9 spot instead of Hicks or Sanchez.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    What part of Boone saying that Stanton and Judge would be eased back into the lineup did you guys miss? Same people, same daily complaints, rinse, repeat.
    Mirror..rorriM
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    My 2nd sentence still applies.
    True, but it's their thing along with calling the Yankee Brass names and stuff.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxio View Post
    In the sense that he previously flopped miserably with the Braves, wasn’t taken seriously when the Yankees hired him, and went on to great success. In terms of managerial style, not even a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Takes a special kind of stupid to take your 3rd best hitter and bury him in the #9 spot instead of Hicks or Sanchez.

Down 4-0 to one of worst teams in MLB..........I hope we are just mailing this one in and not a preview of our offense against play-off caliber pitching.......Cole, Tanaka, Garcia and pray for rain.........

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Expanding the playoffs does not bother me much but the best of three really does. It almost completely removes the regular season meaning.. You are one hot pitcher away from a 110 win team losing to a 79 win team... I think there needs to be a change there..

-If you want to desperately keep it to best of 3, which I hate, then let the higher seed select a pitcher and/or player from the lower seed that cannot participate. Playing the Mets in a short series for instance would be terrifying even though they are really not that good because of deGrom shoving it where the sun don't shine in game one. But how about the higher seed gets to tell the Mets they cannot have deGrom and Conforto active for the best of 3? Now the odds go way up... It's not Cole versus deGrom in game one where it is scary, it is Cole versus Lugo, and then whoever else the rest of the series. All in our yard, and without the Mets having their best player. If they can take 2 from us in that scenario, kudos... After the best of three, teams get their whole rosters back. But tell you what, teams would be going nuts to get that higher seed... Imagine coming down to it, win and we can pitch Cole in game one and have Judge/Torres/Voit all in the lineup, but if we don't we cannot pitch Cole in the best of 3 and we lose one of the big hitters too. It would really make those games important.. Is it gimicky? Sure, but so is expanded playoffs with best of 3... but everyone makes their playoff money so...

-I prefer all series go 7, and the first round all games are at the higher seed. If anyone can come into YS and knock us off 4 out of 7 all in our yard esp with fans in the seats, I'd have no issue with that being earned..
    The first round should have been set up as a ‘Best of 4’ series between the division winners and the 6-8 seeds. Best of 4, you say? Division winners have to win 2 games, 6-8 seeds have to win 3.

The 4 vs 5 seed game can be standard Best of 3.

But after this year, no more please. 5 playoff teams is more than enough.

Thread Information